Welcome to the new DarkMatters 2017!!

2 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Oh, that makes a bit more sense than flat out costing 1k€ less. I'd do a roundtrip to RSA just to pick up a dozen of them if that was the case! :D

lol.

I can promise you will be very disappointed and with the crime rate here... you will be lucky to get out of here with 1 laptop and your life.

• Like! 1

Dude, I'm Portuguese! We have a really bad track record in your country. Though what I meant was clearly a "golden goose" fable if you catch my drift. I know of more than an a few Portuguese KFOR soldiers who did small fortunes selling IT stuff bought in Albania during their commissions, but hey, that's just how things work and how some people get the advantage of it.

Edited by Androdion

One thing I've noticed about this new software that I don't like is the "What's New" button. I want to see a list of all the topics that have new input since I last logged in, not a list of all POSTS!

I do like the fact that the new topics listed on the right are highlighted and when you click on the highlighted topic subject, it takes you to the last post read plus one.

• Like! 1

Lol. we had Portuguese neighbors a few years ago, before I moved out to go study and live in Pretoria, and I went to High school with a huge variety of ethnics. 

We had exchange students every year, and was the only English high school in the City. So Portuguese, Spanish, German, Hindu, Arabians, Blacks, whites, lots of Asians(don't even know which countries in Asia they originated from), they where all welcome.

16 minutes ago, Spock said:

One thing I've noticed about this new software that I don't like is the "What's New" button. I want to see a list of all the topics that have new input since I last logged in, not a list of all POSTS!

I do like the fact that the new topics listed on the right are highlighted and when you click on the highlighted topic subject, it takes you to the last post read plus one.

hi Spock!

There's actually two functionalities to get new content being generated from the forum

The one on the left called 'What's New" will show you a complete read out, very granular, post by post of what members here have created

The second functionality on the right that says "unread content" is the one that you can actually use filters on to get the kind of view you want

After you press on that link "unread content" you can go from left to right picking filters to formulate your own personal feed

... here is a link to what my settings are... these actually best replicate the kind of view we used to get on forums in the past:

http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/discover/8/

IMO the most important setting is

CONTENT TYPES...set this one to TOPICS

The rest you can make the way you want depending on how much data you want the forum to pull up for you 

Dont' forget to save your personal filter choice

and you can also rename it from "Unread Content " to anything you want

hope this helps, post if you need more info

:hugs:

gogo

I love that "What's New" button.  It actually gives a good feeling for how much activity goes on on this site, which probably surprised some veterans.  With the old "New Content" section, you wouldn't think much happened besides Related Word Game, whereas now all the various things that people post on, comment about, upload, and react to are visible. It's wonderful.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, gogoblender said:

hi Spock!

There's actually two functionalities to get new content being generated from the forum

The one on the left called 'What's New" will show you a complete read out, very granular, post by post of what members here have created

The second functionality on the right that says "unread content" is the one that you can actually use filters on to get the kind of view you want

gogo

Actually, the button to the right of "What's New" on my screen reads "Sacred Wiki" ...

What am I doing wrong?

[Added]

Ok, I found it. It's at the bottom of the page on the right side using the Sacred 4 Theme.

There is an additional step after you've saved it, you must also set it as your default search or it must be set up all over again.

Edited by Spock
8 minutes ago, Spock said:

Actually, the button to the right of "What's New" on my screen reads "Sacred Wiki" ...

What am I doing wrong?

Go way way way over to the top right of the forum  and look for the link called unread content ... it's below the change background image button

if u still can't find it pls take a screen shot , post it here and I'll take a look 

?

gofo

9 minutes ago, Spock said:

Ok, I found it. It's at the bottom of the page on the right side using the Sacred 4 Theme.

There is an additional step after you've saved it, you must also set it as your default search or it must be set up all over again.

Perfect!

:hugs:

gogo

12 hours ago, Flix said:

I love that "What's New" button.  It actually gives a good feeling for how much activity goes on on this site, which probably surprised some veterans.  With the old "New Content" section, you wouldn't think much happened besides Related Word Game, whereas now all the various things that people post on, comment about, upload, and react to are visible. It's wonderful.

I know! Love seeing all the cogs working... great feel to coming here and seeing all the action

:gogo:

gogo

15 hours ago, Spock said:

I was worried that we'd lost our smileys or that a display error wasn't allowing them, but after looking at top of editor when making a post saw that the drop down is defaulting on category instead of defaulting at "original" which shows you all these lovely beasties you can use... woot!

:sick::resp::cow_white::drunkards::superman::pump::pirate::ike::bomb::viking::faerie:...and many more...make sure you have the drop down selected to original and enjoy your posting!

:gogo:

gogo

On 9/11/2017 at 0:03 PM, Schot said:

Haha, that's how I feel whenever I look at gogo's post count.  :4rofl:

Updated skin is live!  I had to tweak it a bit.  Hopefully I didn't accidentally create a massive blackhole somewhere.  ^^ 

Looking great schot, appreciate the work you do for us :)

23 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Schot's updated the like buttons... We have a new rocket ship and sunburst for thanks and like

:sun:

gogo

I saw that, I love how the like button is the gogo smily face!!

On 9/10/2017 at 8:01 PM, Knuckles said:

Dragon Brother's pic is showing exactly what I'm talking about....It just seems like I should be able to click on it.....again it's not a big deal to me so no worries if it stays as is

TY DB for posting pic of it

Any time knuckles!

On 9/12/2017 at 1:15 AM, Delta! said:

Thank you gogo. I really do love DarkMatters. 

I noticed my post count went up again.:lol:

I'm still a fair bit short it seems!

Actually, looking at post counts - the forum seems to distinguish between content and posts as separate activities (what content includes I don't know, maybe downloads, comments on downloads, etc.), if you check out this page of sorting people by total posts or content there's a bit of a difference (just change the drop down above the member list to most content or most posts to see how it changes) - http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topmembers/&filter=member_posts

For some like myself there's not much difference (difference of 15 although I have more posts than content) where as some like yourself Delta are significantly different (I.e. Delta has a difference of ~3500 between the two; ~1300 posts and ~4800 content). Any ideas on what the differences are Gogo / Schot?

9 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Looking great schot, appreciate the work you do for us :)

I saw that, I love how the like button is the gogo smily face!!

Any time knuckles!

I'm still a fair bit short it seems!

Actually, looking at post counts - the forum seems to distinguish between content and posts as separate activities (what content includes I don't know, maybe downloads, comments on downloads, etc.), if you check out this page of sorting people by total posts or content there's a bit of a difference (just change the drop down above the member list to most content or most posts to see how it changes) - http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?/topmembers/&filter=member_posts

For some like myself there's not much difference (difference of 15 although I have more posts than content) where as some like yourself Delta are significantly different (I.e. Delta has a difference of ~3500 between the two; ~1300 posts and ~4800 content). Any ideas on what the differences are Gogo / Schot?

I think because I posted a LOT in the related word game that stopped working, and it is not on the updated DM anymore, those posts aren't counting... 

• Like! 1
12 hours ago, Delta! said:

I think because I posted a LOT in the related word game that stopped working, and it is not on the updated DM anymore, those posts aren't counting... 

Ah, that makes much more sense now!  No wonder I hadn't lost any posts ;) I never posted on that one

15 hours ago, Delta! said:

Dang - if thats the reason 3,500 is a heck of a lot of related words (~140 pages of posts)! Maybe schot isn't the only person gogo has chained up slaving away over this forum...

• Haha 1

Anyone notice the new eye functionality for spoilers? Game of thrones tool for us viewers... perfect!

Spoiler

Huge Anti Fire Dragon in last episode of Game of Thrones!!!

OH eyah... this works

:dance:

gogo

Feature request incoming!

In order to exercise my post-crafting abilities to the fullest, I'm much in need of a plain text editor feature.  One that shows just the raw text, without any formatting or code applied.  Didn't realize how much I'd miss that little "eye-con"!

• Like! 1