Enemy Resistance - Magic Seraphim

Bezlonir

Hey all. I recently dusted off my PS3 to play Sacred 2 again (because my PC version's been crashing, though so does my PS3 version). Anyway, I've started a new profile and chose a magic seraphim to be my bargaining character who will allow me to play with other builds I like thanks to the OPness of All Skills.

I'm wondering how high in level I'm going to be able to get her, though, since it seems that she has no way to reduce enemy resistances and most of her damage is low even with decent All Skills. I was wondering if I was missing some way to reduce enemy resistances. (If alchemy is an answer, that's not gonna fly on PS3) Or maybe I won't need that. Just curious what possibilities I'm looking at with this toon. Though... does the weakening effect of baneful smite and all those secondary magic effects make up for it at all?

So far She's 58

concentration

armor lore

celestial magic focus

revered tech focus

perception

celestial magic lore

warding energy

combat discipline

bargaining

*planning on revered tech lore

mainly using flaring nova, radiant pillar, hallowed restoration, baneful smite, archangel's wrath, warding energy, and cleansing brilliance

Edited by Bezlonir

Flaring nova doesn't do alot of damage along with AW unless they are modded for double hits.

Baneful smites damage is pretty poor too.

Have you modded them or have you modded the defensive spells/buff first?

At level 58 and with bargaining you should shop for some +Combat arts, or find some Tinworas.

Also deathblow works in console doesn't it?

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1
On 9/12/2017 at 6:17 AM, Augmint said:

Flaring nova doesn't do alot of damage along with AW unless they are modded for double hits.

Baneful smites damage is pretty poor too.

Have you modded them or have you modded the defensive spells/buff first?

At level 58 and with bargaining you should shop for some +Combat arts, or find some Tinworas.

Also deathblow works in console doesn't it?

I didn't get double hit on either. I was concerned about being able to damage bosses, and I wanted to take extra damage wherever I could. I haven't gotten to mod baneful smite yet, as I started with radiant pillar, cleansing brilliance, and then hallowed restoration.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Archangel's_Wrath

Damage is fire & physical - red hot mod is only improved fire damage. Played Soldats Celestial/rev tech build - Salvo is the better choice by far.

Your build seems similar. I didn't find Baneful smite that useful tbh, and I just went for damage over reducing enemy resistances (stacking Pillars alone on bosses should get a weakening effect)

Whilst flaring nova is more for mobs, the benefit of modding it for 2 pulses = 2 stun chances

I think your damage is low because you haven't taken Rev tech lore yet. Makes a big damage difference.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Revered_Technology_Lore

Also, what weapon are you using? Deathblow %?

As a last resort you could just use LL% shurikens on bosses.

Edited by Augmint
  • Like! 1
9 hours ago, Augmint said:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Archangel's_Wrath

Damage is fire & physical - red hot mod is only improved fire damage. Played Soldats Celestial/rev tech build - Salvo is the better choice by far.

Your build seems similar. I didn't find Baneful smite that useful tbh, and I just went for damage over reducing enemy resistances (stacking Pillars alone on bosses should get a weakening effect)

Whilst flaring nova is more for mobs, the benefit of modding it for 2 pulses = 2 stun chances

I think your damage is low because you haven't taken Rev tech lore yet. Makes a big damage difference.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Revered_Technology_Lore

Also, what weapon are you using? Deathblow %?

As a last resort you could just use LL% shurikens on bosses.

I think my weapon was just whatever I could get. I was using Kuan's for a while. Currently, I got annoyed at how often my PS3 crashes when I'm playing a toon that uses a lot of combat arts, so I reinstalled my PC version and so far that's going well. As always, I use xpadder and an xbox controller to play. Started a Temple Guardian just to play with modding Untouchable force for maximum damage. I hope to come back to the Seraphim, and then I should have access to Ancient Magic on PC.

• Like! 1