Here we see the High Elf, Aremelith, confronting the potentially deadly scorpion boss, the Garganthropod. Please, do feel free to adjust the resolution settings to suit yourself, including 4K.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Here we see the High Elf, Aremelith, confronting the potentially deadly scorpion boss, the Garganthropod. Please, do feel free to adjust the resolution settings to suit yourself, including 4K.

Excellent...the world's first 4 k scorpion.. a Sacred Universe first!

:dance:

gogo

• Like! 1

I remember when I was playing this game when it first came out.  Online, Hard Core mode...die once, lose everyting start again... a gambler's ultimate thrill.  This Boss terrified me.  I'd heard stories of friends online going up against him, and facing dire ends.

And the walk up the dusty desert road to get to him was so suspense-laden.

:oooo:

gogo

• Like! 1
22 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

You could do it if you wanted to tweak your build; I'm always happy to provide advice. I've used the CE too, but making ones own awesome build and using only what you find along the way just seems more exciting, adventurous, and rewarding to me.

Right now I'm making an ice elf build, and I'm happy with how she's turning out... I then copied that character file, and, using the CE, changed her hair color and name (named her Glimborin), and socketed a bunch of Mystic Stormite and Delphic Arcania runes into the Glimborin items I'd found (which is all of the glimborin items :P )  and made her look exactly like the canon Glimborin depicted in the loading screens.  However, since the Glimborin set isn't specifically designed to be used as a Mystic Stormite set, and I threw a couple Grand Invigoration runes in there as well, it's not as effective as my other build was... guess I'll be using the first one more often ;) 

13 hours ago, Excelsior said:

Right now I'm making an ice elf build, and I'm happy with how she's turning out... I then copied that character file, and, using the CE, changed her hair color and name (named her Glimborin), and socketed a bunch of Mystic Stormite and Delphic Arcania runes into the Glimborin items I'd found (which is all of the glimborin items :P )  and made her look exactly like the canon Glimborin depicted in the loading screens.  However, since the Glimborin set isn't specifically designed to be used as a Mystic Stormite set, and I threw a couple Grand Invigoration runes in there as well, it's not as effective as my other build was... guess I'll be using the first one more often ;) 

It's interesting that you name your High Elf too. I found a website with Elvish names for females here: Elvish Name Translations

I always name my characters now. Also, I have amended the hair files so that the color of the hair of the Seraphim and the High Elf may be changed to white or silver. From such a blank canvas virtually any hair color may be created for your character when you first select a new toon or by using the Character Editor. By forging in "chance to halve regeneration time" to a level close to or over 100% I am able to eat more runes without the regeneration penalty. That makes all of the Combat Arts much more powerful.

1 minute ago, Hooyaah said:

It's interesting that you name your High Elf too. I found a website with Elvish names for females here: Elvish Name Translations

I always name my characters now. Also, I have amended the hair files so that the color of the hair of the Seraphim and the High Elf may be changed to white or silver. From such a blank canvas virtually any hair color may be created for your character when you first select a new toon or by using the Character Editor. By forging in "chance to halve regeneration time" to a level close to or over 100% I am able to eat more runes without the regeneration penalty. That makes all of the Combat Arts much more powerful.

Ah, thanks for all the advice and the website!  I was thinking about changing the hair files, but never got around to it.  I always thought that would look cool :) 

I like to forge in Spell Intensity, too.  It's really helpful for increasing the damage without the regeneration penalty (aside from the Lore skill of the aspect, of course).

+ Spell Intensity is good and for the Mystic Stormite elf and forging additional Ice Damage combined with SI is a devastating combination. The hair modification is now part of the 2017 undressed mod. If you don't want the skins, you could delete those files and just use the new hair files in the "mq" folder and drop it directly into the pak folder in the Sacred 2 root folder. There is also a better GR2 file inside, that makes the High Elf look better. It should go in a new models/heroes/highelve folder also dropped into the pak folder. One of the patches changed the file and some of the angles are off, especially the left thigh of the High Elf.