How to get around New DarkMatters sections?

lol come on Podgie...im from a race that indulges here in Easter Canada with hot gray on french fries with gravey and cheese curds that was originally all thrown into a bag and shaken together.. I have still the adventurous spirit remaining in me yet!

:pirate:

gogo

9 hours ago, gogoblender said:

lol come on Podgie...im from a race that indulges here in Easter Canada with hot gray on french fries with gravey and cheese curds that was originally all thrown into a bag and shaken together.. I have still the adventurous spirit remaining in me yet!

:pirate:

gogo

So you should be eager to try some garlic icecream then, you adventurous spirit?

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I looked while doing grocery shopping last night... alas... nothing found...

I dont mind sharing the poutine with you Podgie

:hugs:

gogo

Ingredients

2 cups whole milk

1 clove, minced garlic

1 vanilla bean

1 cup heavy cream

1 1/2 cups sugar

8 egg yolks

Cooking Directions

Combine milk, garlic, vanilla pod and seeds into a saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture starts boiling go ahead and remove it immediately.

Place 8 egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add the cream and sugar and whisk until well combined.

Slowly temper the egg mixture with the hot milk mixture by adding ¼ cup at a time over a strainer

Add the mixture back into the pan and make sure to keep stirring over low heat until the mixture thickens in about 10-12 minutes (it is imperative not to boil the mixture)

Pour into a bowl and chill the mixture for 6 hours in the fridge

Once mixture is cooled, pour into ice cream machine (be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions)

Get into that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans Gogo......... :4rofl:

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Ingredients

2 cups whole milk

1 clove, minced garlic

1 vanilla bean

1 cup heavy cream

1 1/2 cups sugar

8 egg yolks

Cooking Directions

Combine milk, garlic, vanilla pod and seeds into a saucepan over medium heat. Once the mixture starts boiling go ahead and remove it immediately.

Place 8 egg yolks in a mixing bowl, add the cream and sugar and whisk until well combined.

Slowly temper the egg mixture with the hot milk mixture by adding ¼ cup at a time over a strainer

Add the mixture back into the pan and make sure to keep stirring over low heat until the mixture thickens in about 10-12 minutes (it is imperative not to boil the mixture)

Pour into a bowl and chill the mixture for 6 hours in the fridge

Once mixture is cooled, pour into ice cream machine (be sure to follow the manufacturer’s directions)

Get into that kitchen and rattle those pots and pans Gogo......... :4rofl:

impressive!

did you make this?

:)

gogo

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

impressive!

did you make this?

gogo

Not yet, I'm waiting until next week when I get  to try some professionally made icecream first to see whether I really like it.

3 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Not yet, I'm waiting until next week when I get  to try some professionally made icecream first to see whether I really like it.

Looking forward to the photo expose 

?

gogo

On 05/10/2017 at 2:09 PM, podgie_bear said:

You will have to wait until near the end of next week for photographic evidence I'm afraid, as that is when I get to visit the Garlic Farm.

https://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk

OK Gogo, I visited the Garlic Farm this afternoon and the icecream was delicious! It is produced using Black Garlic puree and Belgian chocolate chunks [Black garlic is a type of "caramelized" garlic (in reality, browned by the Maillard reaction rather than truly caramelized) first used as a food ingredient in Asian cuisine. It is made by heating whole bulbs of garlic (Allium sativum) over the course of several weeks, a process that results in black cloves. The taste is sweet and syrupy with hints of balsamic vinegar[1] or tamarind.[2] Black garlic's popularity has spread to the United States as it has become a sought-after ingredient used in high-end cuisine.]

I can't upload my pictures at the moment as where I am staying, the internet signal is pretty bad. I am typing this into my laptop at the moment using my mobile phone in tethering mode and the signal is so weak it doesn't even show one bar! However I am going home on Monday and will supply photographic evidence when I get home to a decent signal strength.

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1
5 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

OK Gogo, I visited the Garlic Farm this afternoon and the icecream was delicious! It is produced using Black Garlic puree and Belgian chocolate chunks [Black garlic is a type of "caramelized" garlic (in reality, browned by the Maillard reaction rather than truly caramelized) first used as a food ingredient in Asian cuisine. It is made by heating whole bulbs of garlic (Allium sativum) over the course of several weeks, a process that results in black cloves. The taste is sweet and syrupy with hints of balsamic vinegar[1] or tamarind.[2] Black garlic's popularity has spread to the United States as it has become a sought-after ingredient used in high-end cuisine.]

I can't upload my pictures at the moment as where I am staying, the internet signal is pretty bad. I am typing this into my laptop at the moment using my mobile phone in tethering mode and the signal is so weak it doesn't even show one bar! However I am going home on Monday and will supply photographic evidence when I get home to a decent signal strength.

That sounds even more delicious than I imagined!

• Like! 1
18 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

That's a beautifully vivid description. I can almost taste that delicious rich flavor in my mouth.how soignee...

Can't wait to see these pix...I'll have to try harder to see if I can get my hands on it... I'm going down to the States for Chrismas, surely it can be found in Washington or New York

gogo

On 12/10/2017 at 11:31 AM, gogoblender said:

That's a beautifully vivid description. I can almost taste that delicious rich flavor in my mouth.how soignee...

Can't wait to see these pix...I'll have to try harder to see if I can get my hands on it... I'm going down to the States for Chrismas, surely it can be found in Washington or New York

gogo

Sorry I can't send you some mate but somehow think that even airmail it would melt before it got to you. :wacko:

19 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Have arrived home and here are the pictures;

20171013_192853.thumb.jpg.3360bda409d020f3c2d025b7a28e095e.jpg20171011_144918.thumb.jpg.d2ce7b7c329a34627777c694fe470128.jpg20171011_144845.thumb.jpg.7da2897d6977502f715846defcb2c19c.jpg20171011_144836.thumb.jpg.1efc654037fb1b9db569717b357e6942.jpg

Best thing I've seen all day, what a terrific photo Podgie!!

Bring on the garlic ice cream... Yes, I will make an effort to track this down this Christmas!

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Best thing I've seen all day, what a terrific photo Podgie!!

Bring on the garlic ice cream... Yes, I will make an effort to track this down this Christmas!

gogo

Sadly Gogo if pictures of me are the best thing you have seen all day, I suggest you either get your eyes tested or change your lifestyle!

:4rofl:

7 minutes ago, podgie_bear said:

Sadly Gogo if pictures of me are the best thing you have seen all day, I suggest you either get your eyes tested or change your lifestyle!

lol I'd just woken up  ... 

gogo

On ‎10‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:47 AM, podgie_bear said:

Have arrived home and here are the pictures;

20171013_192853.thumb.jpg.3360bda409d020f3c2d025b7a28e095e.jpg20171011_144918.thumb.jpg.d2ce7b7c329a34627777c694fe470128.jpg20171011_144845.thumb.jpg.7da2897d6977502f715846defcb2c19c.jpg20171011_144836.thumb.jpg.1efc654037fb1b9db569717b357e6942.jpg

IDK if I'd be willing to try that... got sensory issues, and if I eat something and don't like it, I usually end up gagging or something. Sometimes, I get kinda scared to try new foods... :o

Also, on the topic of how to find your way around the new DarkMatters, I can no longer find the way to change my signature.  I know the answer is right under my nose, but I can't seem to find it.

Haaallp.:tomato:

8 minutes ago, Excelsior said:

Also, on the topic of how to find your way around the new DarkMatters, I can no longer find the way to change my signature.  I know the answer is right under my nose, but I can't seem to find it.

Haaallp.:tomato:

Good question. I'm on mobile but hopefully PC is close enough.

Expand the menu then Account and Account Settings. You should see a Signature option on the left.

• Like! 1
3 minutes ago, lujate said:

Good question. I'm on mobile but hopefully PC is close enough.

Expand the menu then Account and Account Settings. You should see a Signature option on the left.

I've tried that on PC and it didn't work... but not on mobile; I guess I'll just try it there!

Thanks!

• Like! 1