How to get around New DarkMatters sections?

6 hours ago, Aegis said:

Y'know, I just decided to randomly come to this thread just because.  Wasn't expecting to leave this with a craving for garlic ice cream.

It's actualy in competition with my hunger for poutine, can hardly wait to source some ice cream like this when I get down to the states for Christmas

:D

gogo

8 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

It's actualy in competition with my hunger for poutine, can hardly wait to source some ice cream like this when I get down to the states for Christmas

:D

gogo

Ah, the states.  Home of... um...

Heh, we're not very interesting.

On 10/23/2017 at 8:15 PM, Excelsior said:

We'll soon get lots of ice and snow and even more ice...this some how balances out the joys of poutine

:lol:

gogo

On 24/10/2017 at 1:15 AM, Excelsior said:

Beautiful country, friendly people, wonderful service, great food like slumgully in a sourdough bowl, A&W rootbeer, decent coffee wherever you go, huge selection of goods in your shops..... there is a lot I remember with fondness from when I was able to visit the states to meet my in-laws.

• Like! 1
12 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

...A&W rootbeer...

I just remembered that's my favorite drink.

...oops.

Although, I do plan on moving to Germany in the future.  I do speak some German just because I felt like learning it one day, and I learned it very quickly, making me re-realize all of my life's plans.

HALLO, DEUTSCHE!  WIE GEHT ES EUCH?  (Hello, Germans!  How are you all doing?)

Edited by Excelsior
I clicked "Post" too soon :T
  • Like! 1
7 hours ago, Excelsior said:

I just remembered that's my favorite drink.

...oops.

Although, I do plan on moving to Germany in the future.  I do speak some German just because I felt like learning it one day, and I learned it very quickly, making me re-realize all of my life's plans.

HALLO, DEUTSCHE!  WIE GEHT ES EUCH?  (Hello, Germans!  How are you all doing?)

Miserabel, hier gibt es kein Wurzelbier!

:4rofl:

21 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Beautiful country, friendly people, wonderful service, great food like slumgully in a sourdough bowl, A&W rootbeer, decent coffee wherever you go, huge selection of goods in your shops..... there is a lot I remember with fondness from when I was able to visit the states to meet my in-laws.

and Apple Jacks!

Apple-Jacks-Box-Small.jpg

:dance:

gogo

• 4 months later...

Hello, DarkMatters members. I wanted to mention something which directly addresses site navigation, especially as it relates to the new format with which many of you have become more comfortable. Here I will make a few suggestions that both new and long time members may find helpful.

It is quite understandable that new members who are having a particular issue with something like getting their game or the latest CM Patch to install or function properly would open a new thread. However, the solution may often be found more easily and significantly faster be using the search feature, the parameters of which are extensive and function quite well. Still, I see no problem in starting new threads, as it seems that seldom are any two challenges precisely identical.

Another very good way to see new posts on things, especially if you do not "follow" certain threads is by using the "WHAT'S NEW" feature. I was surprised the first time that I used the link how many wonderful things that I might have missed, many older bumped threads and new postings that I may not have seen as another thread in the same forum had a slightly more recent post.

I also truly like the "happy sun" smiley at the lower right of thread posts which allow one to react. It's a pleasant reminder to someone who made you smile, gave you some good advice, or provided a sweet mod or a download that you were seeking.

Please, do feel welcome to contact a staff member if you are having any issues that we may be able to assist with. I believe that I speak for each of us when I say that we truly want members to feel that they are welcome to and a part of our growing community. Thank you for your membership, support, and contributions to our fora and to fellow members.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Hello, DarkMatters members. I wanted to mention something which directly addresses site navigation, especially as it relates to the new format with which many of you have become more comfortable. Here I will make a few suggestions that both new and long time members may find helpful.

It is quite understandable that new members who are having a particular issue with something like getting their game or the latest CM Patch to install or function properly would open a new thread. However, the solution may often be found more easily and significantly faster be using the search feature, the parameters of which are extensive and function quite well. Still, I see no problem in starting new threads, as it seems that seldom are any two challenges precisely identical.

Another very good way to see new posts on things, especially if you do not "follow" certain threads is by using the "WHAT'S NEW" feature. I was surprised the first time that I used the link how many wonderful things that I might have missed, many older bumped threads and new postings that I may not have seen as another thread in the same forum had a slightly more recent post.

I also truly like the "happy sun" smiley at the lower right of thread posts which allow one to react. It's a pleasant reminder to someone who made you smile, gave you some good advice, or provided a sweet mod or a download that you were seeking.

Please, do feel welcome to contact a staff member if you are having any issues that we may be able to assist with. I believe that I speak for each of us when I say that we truly want members to feel that they are welcome to and a part of our growing community. Thank you for your membership, support, and contributions to our fora and to fellow members.

Great guide to help the community, Hooyaah.. .I'm such a huge fan of that sun smiley as well it seems to capture such a great number of sentiment at once, all supportive and appreciative... DarkMatters style!

And I agree, there's simply no better way of getting all there is to get here than the What's New link at top right,,, very granular and powerful, shows up comments on downloads, feedback and posts... one link to rule them all

:dance2:

gogo