Flix

Rune Stacking - Yes or No?

Rune Stacking - Yes or No?  

18 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should the CM Patch implement rune stacking?

• Yes
    • No

Dragon Brother    400
3 hours ago, Schot said:

For fun, I created a site wide announcement pointing to this topic to see if we can get more feedback...

@Dragon Brother I looked but didn't see an option to remove your vote.  I'll probably look around more.  That should be an option!

In case you're interested, the announcement does not seem to appear on the "Default" theme (I.e. the non "Sacred 4.2 (Default)" theme).

Mmm I thought I might be able to change it, but no luck. To be honest, I don't think I'm really fussed though, so whether my vote is yay or nay...I'm happy to go either way.

desm    158

I voted 'No'. Saving inventory space by stacking runes would have been great but it then brings something new and breaks some other things. Maybe you can keep that 'feature' for the 'Enhanced Edition'?

Like said 'Fixing something that isn't broken'; it shouldn't come with the CM Patch.

• Thanks 1

gogoblender    1,464
8 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

In case you're interested, the announcement does not seem to appear on the "Default" theme (I.e. the non "Sacred 4.2 (Default)" theme).

Thanks DB, will look at that today

of all the skins, the default should be the one it works with most easily

:)

gogo

xcessive    42

It would be a nice feature. The problem with different runes up- or downgrading only appears when u change the difficulty AND u want to forge runes into your weapons/armor. So its really REALLY circumstantial. And u could always upgrade runes anyway at the rune guy. Ofc it would cost some gold, but gold isnt really a recource that matters in sacred. The only time it matters, is when u create a new char and need a mount.

I also dont think, that many people forge runes, most will just increase the CA directly. And higher tier runes give the same +1 to the CA as lower runes do. So there should really be no problem.

The change would reduce micromanagement and save time.

• Thanks 1

Saraphima    33

If it wouldn't be hard to do could we try it out and then revisit this? If it doesn't work reverse it or tell us how to reverse it ourselves at a later time?

dimitrius154    44

Ladies and Gentlemen, the difficulty level filter is in. Stackable items will only stack if they are of the same difficulty, effectively removing property mismatch. Stacks have been increased to 99.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Thanks 4

Caledor    12
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Ladies and Gentlemen, the difficulty level filter is in. Stackable items will only stack if they are of the same difficulty, effectively removing property mismatch. Stacks have been increased to 99.

So the potential cheating is no more? If so, then there's no harm in stacking runes and my "no" becomes a yes.

• Thanks 1

dimitrius154    44
6 minutes ago, Caledor said:

So the potential cheating is no more?

That's right.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Dragon Brother    400

9 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

7 hours ago, Caledor said:

So the potential cheating is no more? If so, then there's no harm in stacking runes and my "no" becomes a yes.

7 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

That's right.

Well, that clears up any doubts I had about this. , awesome work Dmitriy!

• Like 2

dimitrius154    44
3 minutes ago, Saraphima said:

is this JUST for runes or for everything?

For all stackable items.

• Thanks 2

Saraphima    33

:o Oh yeah!! so long are the days have using half my space for potions! I'm super happy now! This means more room for armor sets :D

• Like 1

Flix    2,915

Downloading Dmitriy's update now.  I'm about to test this.  If it looks ok, I guess my objections would evaporate, and this debate would become moot, and rune stacking will go ahead as an official feature of the CM Patch.  :dance2:

I really appreciate all the feedback, and thanks to Gogo and Schot for making that big alert at the top of the forum.  Really nice when the "Community" part of the CM Patch comes into play.  

• Like 2

Androdion    189
18 minutes ago, Flix said:

Downloading Dmitriy's update now.  I'm about to test this.  If it looks ok, I guess my objections would evaporate, and this debate would become moot, and rune stacking will go ahead as an official feature of the CM Patch.  :dance2:

I think we can all agree there! :bow:

• Like 2

gogoblender    1,464

Bravo all, this topic's turned out so well! Schot's idea to bring the topic up head and center... we've never done that before and we've illicited a lot of responses.  As Flix said, it's great seeing the community come out to make these decisions... heartwarming...the force is still strong in sacred

:heart:

gogo

• Like 1

Saraphima    33

yes yes!!

I'm so glad I came back just in time for this. @gogoblender I'll be good I promise. Sorry about what happened a few years ago. I hope I can regain/rebuild yours and the teams respect again.

Schot    292
12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

1 hour ago, Flix said:

I really appreciate all the feedback, and thanks to Gogo and Schot for making that big alert at the top of the forum.  Really nice when the "Community" part of the CM Patch comes into play.  

Cool!  I didn't even have to vote.  Awesome work guys.  :)

Flix    2,915

Success!  Rune stacking now treats runes from different difficulties as different stacks.

The voting results were in favor of this new feature, and my only objection to it is now gone.  So I'm now closing the poll and moving forward with rune stacking as part of the new CM Patch.

Thanks to Dmitriy for his coding wizardry and thanks to everyone who voted and wrote in their thoughts on the matter!  :thumpsup:

• Like 3

Spock    195
Posted (edited)

I think I originally voted "No", but have been thinking about this after voting.

What I would like to see would be a new quest to become a "Rune Master".

I don't remember much about how runes work but, for the "Rune Master Quest":

Level 1 (Apprentice): 100 runes must be combined. The base rune must be the same and all attributes (up to the max allowed) will be added to the base rune. If one rune has a 5% chance of something and another has a 15% chance, the new rune would have a 20% chance.

Level 2 (Journeyman): After successfully merging 100 runes, you can now merge different runes. Again, you must merge another 100 runes. You can merge up to three runes at a time. The first rune will determine the base of the new rune and the subsequent runes will just add attributes.

Level 3 (Master): Now when you merge runes, if the primary attribute goes over 100% or 999 or whatever the maximum attribute is, the Rune Level will get bumped up to the next level and the primary attribute will drop down to 5% or something similar.

This way we could not only create a character that does our shopping, we could create a character to combine all those hard earned runes we find all over the place.

Edited by Spock