CM 1.60 Highlights: Player Equipment Fixes

Random Magic Staffs now have skill-unlockable bonuses based on the Magic Staff skill, just like other weapon classes.  The skill "Magic Staffs" will now unlock: 
    Normal: Casting Speed, Spell Intensity
    Magic: Block Chance: Combat Arts, Block Chance: Close Combat
    Rare: Chance to Halve Regeneration Time, Combat Art Range

I love the small details like this. Random is so exciting, and keeps interest high.  Great idea with this and the random staffs!

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1

Regarding magic staves, when dual wielding only one throws projectiles right? So if, say, you're intending on dual-wielding staves for playing "ranged" with projectiles it'll be the same as just wielding one right? I'm not accounting for CAs here, as I do know the Darting Assault case, I'm just speaking of the projectiles themselves.

Still regarding magic staves, since now they shoot projectiles from the get go their range has been diminished to a fixed value somewhere between a shuriken and a bow, so they now have a fixed medium ranged attack. It's no longer possible to snipe enemies at a long distance and on the edges of the screen as the projectiles' range is now much smaller. This along with the fix for the dual-wield exploit makes magic staves much more balanced and pretty much impossible to exploit. One direct consequence of this behaviour is that multi-hit CAs with magic staves will throw several projectiles, being that a dual-wield scenario with a magic staff in the primary weapon slot results in an interesting effect.

• Like! 1
9 hours ago, Flix said:

I want to fill you on some of the developments over the last two months.  Mostly we've been refining and testing features, but some new things did slip in.

Ranged projectiles now change color according to elements.

In vanilla, only magic staff projectiles change color.  Now all projectiles change color: arrows, throwing weapons, and energy weapons.

Arrows: the final result you see here is more subtle than the prototypes shown previously in the development thread.  Is physical is the damage type, arrows will have their normal vanilla appearance.

uK32skRt.jpg   4wMt5yht.jpg   Bsr5uMmt.jpg   JLRjvPLt.jpg

Throwing Weapons: Applies to thrown daggers, potions, stones, and stars.  If physical is the damage type, thrown projectiles have their vanilla fx (white streak).

9oLGKY0t.jpg   jpebktKt.jpg   qCTgRklt.jpg   1VN4WdXt.jpg

Energy Weapons: Note that the energy weapon itself also has the elemental effect attached now, like all other weapons.  If physical was the damage type, the projectile would be the vanilla design, but I don't think there are any energy weapons with pure physical damage, so this wouldn't be seen.

TCjMik7t.jpg   9Vurgs3t.jpg   0iKcocSt.jpg   g3fpKdAt.jpg

Skeletal Fortification and Malicious Totem: get special projectiles of their own.

qESBS1xt.jpg   pO6zBnWt.jpg   YAr4UUst.jpg

The one exception is the Temple Guardian battery projectile, which does NOT change color according to element, due to the mechanics of damage calculations.

Lightsaber blades no longer flicker or vanish when they hit an enemy.  I've personally never noticed this, but apparently it's fixed now.

FA9fcIXt.jpg

Magic Staff projectiles no longer appear to "pass through" enemies on impact.  They now hit and explode, instead of passing through and exploding on the terrain behind the enemy.

9cBQ2JQm.jpg

Forgot to take a pic of poison.

I love the work that's gone into this

especially

the light saber pic slicing right through the enemy with the spurting blood bubbles

intense and delightul... how satisfying

:D

gogo

• Like! 1