Memorable signatures and quotes I've found

I do agree with that.

I really do NOT want to have to listen to every ones own opinion about everything... just like I do not expect everyone to listen to my opinion about everything...  

Actions express priorities - Ghandi

Simple but potent.  

when I first read this quote I felt bowled over.  When I look now at my own challenges and that of those around me I look at actions to gain that inner gleaming... the truth

Great topic Spock... we're all going to love waxing and waning here

:dance:

gogo

6 hours ago, Spock said:

"The problem with today's world is that everyone believes they have the right to express their opinion AND have others listen to it.

The correct statement of individual rights is that everyone has the right to an opinion, but crucially, that opinion can be roundly ignored and even made fun of, particularly if it is demonstratively nonsense."

Attributed to Professor Brian Cox

Expressing an opinion "well" and "effectively" is a big part of convincing others.  Too much shouting sometimes loses your audience

:)

gogo

Just now, gogoblender said:

nourishing and face moisturizer... two for one.. 

winner winner!!

:crazy:

gogo

Yes, yes, of course.  I... um... of course I thought about that but I um... just wanted to go above and beyond...?  Um.  Yeah?  No?  No.

:blowup:

If it isn't fun, why bother? --Spock

Learning is directly proportional to the amount of fun you are having. --Rob Pike

It's too bad ignorance isn't painful...
Killing for peace is like screwing for virginity. --ftckyman

No trees were killed in the creation of this message.
However, many electrons were terribly inconvenienced. --Ben Last

"I have never found that criticism is ever inhibited by ignorance." --Harold Macmillan

"The world is getting to be such a dangerous place, a man is lucky to get out of it alive." --W. C. Fields

"Pray that there is intelligent life some where up in space... because there is bugger all down here on earth!!" --Unknown

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana." --Groucho

"Smile - it drives people crazy wondering what you've been up to..." --Unknown

"When we were together, you said you'd die for me. Now we've split up I think its time you kept your promise" --Unknown

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing." --c3buL, Sacred Forum

"Never argue with an idiot. They'll drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience." --roperratt, Sacred Forum

"What do you give a man who has everything? A woman who shows him how to use it" --krank, Sacred Forum

To be able to face my weaknesses is the strongest thing I will ever do. - c3em

$>select * from USERS where clue > 0
0 Rows Returned -- eljefe in the Developers.evrsoft Forum

War does not determine who is right. Only who is left. -- unknown

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; inside of a dog it's too dark to read. -- S. Clemens

I wish that I could run, faster than anyone.
I wish that I could fly, now wouldn't that be fun.
You think my wishes silly? But they cause no harm.
Perhaps you think me crazy? But I have a certain charm.
You say I'm too old for wishes? Well you may be right.
But what else to keep me company in the stillness of the night? -- Unknown

Some mornings, it's just not worth chewing through the leather straps !! -- Davlam

"Pandemonium, thy name is cat."

Player 1: "y0 peepz 14m wut up 4 reel, hey u all gunna git PWNd by my r0xx0rz skillz dont make me PWN u"
Player 2: "What the heck did he just say..?"
Player 3: "No clue, something about peanutbutter..?"

"Why is there never enough time to do it right but always enough time to do it over?" -- notsharkey

"Ensure you have the 6 basic rules of computer security:
1. A Decent Firewall
2. A good Anti-virus application (fully updated)
3. A good Anti-spyware application (fully updated)
4. ALL your critical updates!
5. A Decent browser like 'Firefox'
6. No Teenagers or Babysitters!" -- MikeyB of Newbie.org

• 3 weeks later...

Arguing with other internet users is just marginally more productive than counting the ants in your garden.

Larisa - from web comic Sandra and Woo

You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.

- Indira Gandhi

Not sure why, but this quote just captured me and make me think about its meaning for a while.

Edited by Excelsior
  • Like! 1
1 hour ago, Excelsior said:

You cannot shake hands with a clenched fist.

- Gandhi

Not sure why, but this quote just captured me and make me think about its meaning for a while.

Love this one

Will carry it for the day

:yay:

gogo

8 hours ago, Spock said:

Arguing with other internet users is just marginally more productive than counting the ants in your garden.

Larisa - from web comic Sandra and Woo

This piques my interest Spock, are you on other forums where you're having fights?

:mafia:

gogo

I appreciate the offer, but I much prefer my own partner. She's going to spend the weekend at our daughter's house, so we had a good long cuddle last night and got a really good night's rest. :)

• 4 weeks later...

No, I was looking at it the other day. While physically smaller than the iPhone 7 plus I have, the display area is larger. That's about the only 'advantage' that I would appreciate. The new phone doesn't really have anything that I absolutely must have. I don't use my current phone that often, why should I pay USD $1,149.00 for the basic phone when I already have more than I need? My current contract is up next month. I will probably bask under the reduced fees for a few months before looking at upgrading again, but will probably decide the same thing. As long as my current phone gives me what I need, why bother to upgrade?

"A good pun is it's own reword."

"A semicolon is not a medical condition."

"The mind is like a parachute, it works better when it's open."

"I'm a nobody. Nobody is perfect, therefore, I'm perfect!"

"There and their, they're not the same."

"No matter how much you push the envelope, it'll still be stationery."

"I thought growing old would take longer!"

"You cannot hang out with negative people and expect to live a positive life."

"I'm trying to be independent, but no one will help me."

Iphone 7 + is grand... I got an iphone 6s last year as gift, parents, but I sorely miss your versions godd stuff like better waterproofing, lighter weight than mine, plus those amazing stereo speakers. I went swimming with my iphone this summer in the pool... painful lesson :4rofl:

Cell%20Romance(1).png

:lol:

gogo