Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth Expansion Trailer

16 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

Haven't played for a bit...got burned out (over 2500 hrs played) so I've been waiting for the expansion to arrive before playing again. Looks like the wait may soon be over. Scheduled for October 2017 release. If you have the Loyalist Edition, you will get it for free, otherwise they're asking 17.99 USD for it. Well worth the price IMHO.

Oh here's a trailer :D

Love all the particls and effects... magical battles look pretty good. will you be playing single or mp?

:)

gogo

I've been playing SP for awhile now...even in Rimworld I can't play big maps due to my aging pc....though that will all change hopefully in the next week. Once I get my new pc, I'm sure it will handle Grim Dawn MP with ease so I'd be up for some MP. Just super busy at work so finding a block of playing time might be a challenge

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/21/2017 at 6:51 AM, Knuckles said:

I've been playing SP for awhile now...even in Rimworld I can't play big maps due to my aging pc....though that will all change hopefully in the next week. Once I get my new pc, I'm sure it will handle Grim Dawn MP with ease so I'd be up for some MP. Just super busy at work so finding a block of playing time might be a challenge

Hey, I missed this... just sitting and enjoying the Sat morning before the weekend sundry... this trailer rocks!!  

... your aging PC? zomgod...time is flying...I remember you chatting when you just upgraded the last time..though I do know your new comp is gonna be a beast ...TI and all :D ... though still cant believe this game is chuggin on yor old system with large maps...is it that resource intensive?

:)

gogo

It's more that my pc is slowly dying.....Some days I have no issues playing at all and other days it lags regularly. I could probably 'fix' it by doing a complete restore but given the age of it, I'm still better off getting a new pc. I mean it used to boot in 20 seconds or so...now it can take up to 2-3 minutes.

• The title was changed to Grim Dawn - Ashes of Malmouth Expansion Trailer

Oh heck ya...with 2 new characters (Inquisitor and Necromancer) I will be in build-theory heaven. Will probably fiddle around with the new ones for a bit before posting anything. Though I can finally take some vids of gameplay as I have a new pc on the way.

I have no idea what I'll play yet but I can almost guarantee it'll be melee based with a nice Area of Effect.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Oh heck ya...with 2 new characters (Inquisitor and Necromancer) I will be in build-theory heaven. Will probably fiddle around with the new ones for a bit before posting anything. Though I can finally take some vids of gameplay as I have a new pc on the way.

I have no idea what I'll play yet but I can almost guarantee it'll be melee based with a nice Area of Effect.

Haha actually I was referring more to your PC build, but I'm sure you'll get plenty of readers for for your character builds as well!

Haha...I actually went back and looked thru the Grim Dawn threads seeing if I posted builds because I couldn't remember doing it. Saw I posted a couple via Grim Calc so I assumed that was what you were referring to :D

Thought about building one but after thinking on it a bit I decided to be lazy and get a pre-built one. Went an Alieware Area 51

Intel i9 7980XE processor

32 GB Quad Channel 2666Mhz RAM

Dual GTX 1080 in SLI

1TB SSD (Boot) and 2 TB SATA Drives

Holding off on getting 4K monitors til around Xmas time. Haven't read up on them at all and the 2 27" screens I have now seem to have plenty of resolution. Did get a Logitech gaming keyboard, mostly just for the macro butons but staying with my generic logitech wireless mouse. I seem to have nothing but problems with more complicated/expensive mice. Oh and the pc will be liquid cooled - probably the biggest reason I'm not building it myself.

It is a very pricey sytem and hesitate to post cost as I'm not one to boast or show off. But I have been working at same job for 20+ years and got profit-sharing in last few years along with a junior partnership so I earned this little baby :)

• Like! 1
17 minutes ago, Knuckles said:

so I earned this little baby :)

You did...and what a beast! There's not much sweeter satisfaction out there than seeng that game that was chugging along a few hours ago, served up fast with a new card and system!!

:viking:

gogo

Been waiting forever it seems..ordered back in August and between waiting for it to be built and a few hurricanes disrupting shipping I will finally be getting it sometime this week

Just now, Knuckles said:

Been waiting forever it seems..ordered back in August and between waiting for it to be built and a few hurricanes disrupting shipping I will finally be getting it sometime this week

I actually pointed Brad over to the Alien Ware website... buddy of mine from work got a huge beastly beast for 1400 CAD... Aurora... last week Alien ware was sick with salez

:christmas:

gogo

10 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

I actually pointed Brad over to the Alien Ware website... buddy of mine from work got a huge beastly beast for 1400 CAD... Aurora... last week Alien ware was sick with salez

:christmas:

gogo

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat !!

I went and looked and luckily my pc isn't included in the sale....would have been a little upset I missed another sale by mere weeks. It looks like the AMD Area 51 is 10% off but not the one with Intel processor. I prefer Intel anyways so no biggie for me

I'm awesome at missing sales...few years ago I bought 2 Samsung S6's  for me and the kiddo and literally a few days later they had a special for buy one/get one free. I was soooo mad, went back and I guess I might have scared them a bit as they hurriedly refunded my original purchase..there are advantages to being a 6'6" 260 lb ugly guy with a very deep voice lol

• Haha 1
13 hours ago, Knuckles said:

Haha...I actually went back and looked thru the Grim Dawn threads seeing if I posted builds because I couldn't remember doing it. Saw I posted a couple via Grim Calc so I assumed that was what you were referring to :D

Thought about building one but after thinking on it a bit I decided to be lazy and get a pre-built one. Went an Alieware Area 51

Intel i9 7980XE processor

32 GB Quad Channel 2666Mhz RAM

Dual GTX 1080 in SLI

1TB SSD (Boot) and 2 TB SATA Drives

Holding off on getting 4K monitors til around Xmas time. Haven't read up on them at all and the 2 27" screens I have now seem to have plenty of resolution. Did get a Logitech gaming keyboard, mostly just for the macro butons but staying with my generic logitech wireless mouse. I seem to have nothing but problems with more complicated/expensive mice. Oh and the pc will be liquid cooled - probably the biggest reason I'm not building it myself.

It is a very pricey sytem and hesitate to post cost as I'm not one to boast or show off. But I have been working at same job for 20+ years and got profit-sharing in last few years along with a junior partnership so I earned this little baby :)

Dang, thats a beast!!!

Awesome on the work front though. From everything you've told us here about how much hard work you put in that recognition from the company (and this "little" treat to yourself) sound like a well deserved reward for a career spent putting in above and beyond.

Here's all you need to know about how hard/long I work and have no life. Just for reference most companies that lease new vehicles will charge extra for any mileage over 12,000 miles. If you drive a lot that number isn't that hard to hit. My work van has over 250,000 miles on it and it's a 2008. Getting a new one soon (before year is out). So on my van its about 31,000 miles a year. My personal truck was a 2004 and I just went over 55,000 miles on it. So a little over 4,000 miles a year.

Yup that's it...now if you figure in it's a 10 mile round trip each day for work and approximately 260 work days per year. That's 2600 miles just for commute...so I have about 1400 miles a year for non-work stuff. Weekly dump run is about 10 miles too so at least 40 of them for another 400 gone. So about 1000 miles a year on misc. stuff. That is all work and no play lol. Or another way to look at it. That's about 3 miles a day for errands :D

I easily average 50+ hours a week at work and routinely go over 60-70. Worst I ever did was 45 days straight and working 12+ hours each day. We had a huuuuge project and their project manager moved up finish date by 4 months. We had nothing in the contract to stop him from doing it, so we had to bite the bullet and work like crazy. Lesson was learned and that can never happen again.

Gave my daughter my truck as I was barely using it. Been using work van for commute as I often leave very early in the morning to get to job site. Sometimes I visit shop only 2-3 times a week. Mostly to re-stock and drop off paperwork. But I like being busy and guess could be called a 'work-aholic'. Probably being working til the day I die. I cannot see me retired and weaving baskets or painting landscapes.

• Like! 1

Got a nice surprise today as my pc came in..was expecting it tomorrow. One thing I'm not enjoying is remembering/finding passwords from 10 years ago, but I'm slowly making headway. It's soooo nice to actually see what I type in real time, it would take 5-6 seconds to appear sometimes. And pc is super super quiet. I hear absolutely nothing..had to look over a couple times to verify it was really on.

But back to the actual thread topic...They just announced Ashes of Malmouth will be released on Oct 11th :D

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56366

3 hours ago, Knuckles said:

This thing is HUUUUUGE lol (not my actual pc but got the same exact thing...didn't feel like pulling it out to take a pic)

area 51.jpg

Holee Molee...looks like the pod from The Fly!!

247925.jpg

:oooo:

gogo

On 10/2/2017 at 9:36 AM, Knuckles said:

Here's all you need to know about how hard/long I work and have no life. Just for reference most companies that lease new vehicles will charge extra for any mileage over 12,000 miles. If you drive a lot that number isn't that hard to hit. My work van has over 250,000 miles on it and it's a 2008. Getting a new one soon (before year is out). So on my van its about 31,000 miles a year. My personal truck was a 2004 and I just went over 55,000 miles on it. So a little over 4,000 miles a year.

Yup that's it...now if you figure in it's a 10 mile round trip each day for work and approximately 260 work days per year. That's 2600 miles just for commute...so I have about 1400 miles a year for non-work stuff. Weekly dump run is about 10 miles too so at least 40 of them for another 400 gone. So about 1000 miles a year on misc. stuff. That is all work and no play lol. Or another way to look at it. That's about 3 miles a day for errands :D

I easily average 50+ hours a week at work and routinely go over 60-70. Worst I ever did was 45 days straight and working 12+ hours each day. We had a huuuuge project and their project manager moved up finish date by 4 months. We had nothing in the contract to stop him from doing it, so we had to bite the bullet and work like crazy. Lesson was learned and that can never happen again.

Gave my daughter my truck as I was barely using it. Been using work van for commute as I often leave very early in the morning to get to job site. Sometimes I visit shop only 2-3 times a week. Mostly to re-stock and drop off paperwork. But I like being busy and guess could be called a 'work-aholic'. Probably being working til the day I die. I cannot see me retired and weaving baskets or painting landscapes.

Like I said, definitely a well deserved reward for a career spent putting in above and beyond. Here am I doing ~50 hour weeks for now and the forseeable future and not really enjoying it, 50+ and up to 60-70 is just nuts. I need my beauty sleep to function (usually 8 hours a night) and that much work plus the travel time (~2.5hrs total each day) just doesn't let me get it.

On 10/4/2017 at 7:32 AM, Knuckles said:

This thing is HUUUUUGE lol (not my actual pc but got the same exact thing...didn't feel like pulling it out to take a pic)

area 51.jpg

Wow - looks insane, like it should be floating on air or emitting clouds of gaseous coolant.

Oh I definitely get burnt out on occasions....like this week I'm working every day though just the morning on Sunday. But it's nice getting a long weekend every once in a while. Plus my boss is finally going to hire me a helper (about time :) )

Starting to think I should change title thread...maybe something like, "look at what I got to play GD if I ever get the time"

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well I am playing Grim Dawn Expansion but I'm not really :P . I decided to start completely fresh...so no shared stash, no recipes, no components, no nothing. Thus I haven't actually got to the expansion areas yet. I messed around with the new classes for a bit, but in the end decided to go with an older build I had wanted to try out but never did. Will level this guy up and hopefully will reach the new areas soon.

It's nice playing with no lag/hiccups/crashes and with everything on highest settings. It's almost like the original game is all new too. But it will take a few weeks til I get to new content. I definitely recommend GD to anyone that enjoyed playing Sacred, Diablo, Path of Exile or Titan Quest. Steam had the base game on sale last week for under 10 bucks though I'm not sure if it's still on sale. Oh, the game has now sold over a million copies :D So kuddos to Crate for achieving that milestone.

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...

@Knuckles

have you played the addon solo or in MP?

we are waiting to buy the addon, but we do have massive lags/hiccups/crashes after the last patch of the base game and were glad to finish our group on ultimate last thursday. after this experience we hesitate to buy and after reading forums it seems to be still a problem of GD that the MP is laggy up to crashes. so it would be nice to know some experiences from other "trustful"  players and not only the "steam kiddies" ;)

at the moment we are looking for alternatives for our group...nothing I would prefer, but with the massive technical problems (I am usually the host and I have got lags!) we did have from time to time in MP, one or two of us does not want to play GD anymore.

btw: how do you start from scratch? deleteing all chars?