CM 1.60 Highlights: Unlocked Items and Enemy Gear Fixes

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Enemies now have better equipment variation (improved probability to use alternate weapons).  Many enemies that used weapons were scripted to draw their weapon randomly from a small pool of possible choices. However, in almost every case, the chance was skewed far too much in favor of one weapon over the others. For example, an Ogre Warrior would have a 90% chance to use a plain sword, a 5% chance to use a spiky sword, and a 5% chance to use a big hammer. Due to the odds being vastly uneven, you almost always ever saw that one plain sword, rarely if ever seeing the others. And so it was with hundreds of enemies throughout the game. What I've done is made the chance to use the various weapons roughly equal, and the result is a much bigger variation in enemy weapon use. Foes don't always look so much like identical clones of one another, even if it is something as simple as one Dark Paladin wielding an axe and the other with a sword. Almost every weapon-using enemy type in the game is affect by this change.

I think I like this change most of all the ones you've listed here. It's a simple one, but make so much difference to the visual feel of the game.

• Like! 1
19 minutes ago, Dragon Brother said:

I think I like this change most of all the ones you've listed here. It's a simple one, but make so much difference to the visual feel of the game.

Agreed very much so!

Any chance of any class specific items or sets hidden in there? If so, spill it!

Also agreed. I think that all these little variations are exactly what the game needs. If all of these changes (or long due implementations if you will) run along fine with the ability to play the game with Elite Textures because of the new memory leak coding then I think we're all in for a visual treat. I'm not counting Phyxs into the equation yet, but at least Elite Textures with these new details should "mod" the game enough for it to be a compelling "new" experience. :badbad:

• Like! 1