CM 1.60 Highlights: General and Code Changes

So on the auto-pickup thingy, since the pickup radius is wider why not have the circle shown as it should be by default instead of leaving it to the user to change the value?! That is assuming I've read it right.

Experience per kill will have its maximum individual bonus be the hero statue, maximum length be the potion's duration and everything else stacks. Correct?

Are you going to make Elite Mounts available as a static seller or as a quest that unlock him?

We can't distribute changes to options.txt as part of a mod.  It's located in a whole other directory, in the user folders.  And even if we did upload our own options.txt and tell users where to put it, it would override every single one of their settings in the options menu.  All the graphics settings, all their controls and hotkeys, camera settings, etc. could be dramatically changed, requiring the player to go in and spend forever trying to set things up the way they had it before.

Therefore it's up to us to tell users how to edit options.txt if needed.  And it's not really needed, just recommended if you want the graphical circle to match the actual radius.

Regarding XP per kill, yes you're right.

Regarding Elite Mounts, currently you just go to the dealer and start buying.  He needs a gateway quest, but I dunno if I'm up to it.  I could probably manage a one-step quest, where he sends you to go kill something REALLY powerful, and then begins selling.  I can't promise anything though, I seem to have just no free time anymore.

Oh I see, and if it picks on such global settings then you're absolutely right in that it shouldn't be tampered with. Some things really need to be explained in order to be understood. ;)

I know you're on a schedule and with larger responsibilities, but even a one-off "go wack a beast get some beasties" type of thing would be nicer than your new random guy. Given that it's all new content offered on a vanilla game I'd say even the smallest additional step would make sense. But I'm not pushing it because, well, priorities. I understand, we all do I suppose. :)

I am nearly rendered speechless. I cannot think of a single thing not to love about this CM patch 160. I will pose only this query: Should I do a fresh install of the game before patching it or just delete the Elite Mounts mod (or any others) now rendered redundant and/or superfluous?

• Like! 1
On 9/22/2017 at 11:19 PM, Hooyaah said:

Should I do a fresh install of the game before patching it or just delete the Elite Mounts mod (or any others) now rendered redundant and/or superfluous?

That depends how much you trust yourself to uninstall all your mods successfully.  Clean install is safest.

Players trying the 1.60 beta test should be prepared to go without any other mods whatsoever.  undressed mod is going to have to be updated after the full release of CM 1.60 (fallback equipment removed in the new creatureinfo.txt)

There's an important note to be added:

Fullscreen-mode should be used to guarantee the enhanced stability of the game in the memory department.

Historically, Ascaron games( Sacred 1 and Sacred 2, both) demonstrate nasty side effects, if played in windowed-mode for extensive period of time. For Sacred 2 - crashes. For Sacred 1 - memory amount used gets to ~1024MB, then the game session freezes, or, if Orla-Aisling Jolt full set bonus is used in SP - constant increase of the savegame file up to ~21MB, then corruption.

36 minutes ago, GoldenGirl said:

Hi there

is this upgrade compatible with german cm patch v150?

Is that patch exclusively from your team or is czevak & marcus in the process too?

Hi golden girl!! Lovely having your visit ?.. I’m such a huge fan of those gorgeous sacred 2 art work calendars you create and post on face book..

im a fan!

?

Gogo 

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, Flix said:

Hello!

Yes.  All languages, just like always.  Czevak and Pesmontis have helped prepare the German localization.

We are the same team. :)  This release is a test version, just like Czevak and Marcus always released in between official releases.  We are using MantisBT just like always to track and fix bugs and restore content.  The only difference is I am making the announcements and leading this release.

Ok, thx for the info.

You can chat with Sacred Legends when something new is coming.
We are always hot on updates regarding the CM patch :bomb:

52 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

Hi golden girl!! Lovely having your visit ?.. I’m such a huge fan of those gorgeous sacred 2 art work calendars you create and post on face book..

im a fan!

?

Gogo 

Thanks for the nice compliment ?
I have really a most fun to created this wallpaper of Sacred 2.

My nickname has been 3 years now Crow Girl but my loggin here is much older ;)

Sorry for my bad English :coffeecup:

• Like! 1
On 25.9.2017 at 1:56 AM, Flix said:

Sorry I didn't reach out to you sooner Crow Girl!  I haven't forgotten about the awesome community at Sacred Legends.  I will make a post soon, or ask Pesmontis or Czevak to make a post.  :bye:

Yes I am looking forward and many thanks for your commitment from our community :heart:

• Thanks! 1
On 9/26/2017 at 10:57 AM, GoldenGirl said:

What I wanted to say ... I'm very happy that the Special-Mount Mod was integrated into the Cm Patch.
A question: Designs Czevak a logo for the v0160 again?

Have a look - News Sacred Legends - https://www.sacred-legends.de/

Edit:  Is the Patch not compatible with the Sacred 2 Enhanced Spells Mod? :ohmy:

Yes! Czevak designed this logo.  I am responsible for the new colors.

b5HBg9w.png

Enhanced Spells is NOT compatible, YET.  However, I am making a new version of Enhanced Spells that will be compatible!  It will be a special "Enhanced Edition" mod that will have many new changes to items, enemies, spells, and skills.  Players will have two versions to chose from: Original Spells or Enhanced Spells.  But that is the future... first we must complete the CM Patch 1.60.  This will be the new foundation on which we build all the mods.  I will update old mods for compatibility.

• Like! 1