Community Patch 1.60 Beta Test Release

It downloaded fine, just gave me a warning that it was too big of a file to scan for viruses. Going to give it a go. ;) 

PS: For Steam users like myself who run the game through Steam itself, the "-nocpubinding -skipopenal" should be pasted on "Properties - > define startup options" right? Or whatever the option's name is in English (my Steam GUI is in Portuguese).

Edited by Androdion

Following the instructions I've put the Beta to work. Started the game with the "-nocpubinding -skipopenal" on the Steam program startup options and immediately enabled both Physx and Elite Textures. Proceeded to load a HE toon I started a couple of weeks ago, based on the Secret Agent build. It's actually the one I used when we were talking about the DLL file and all of that in the Memory Fix thread.

In four sessions three came to a random crash, always preceded by a slowdown in the frame rate. I've changed several variables; like disabling the custom Nvidia CP settings, running the game via shortcut without Steam (with the "-nocpubinding -skipopenal" instructions on the shortcut), and even not having any DPS effects active on my sound card's control center (which by all means is always running so it shouldn't really be an issue, and I only use it to emulate 3D sound to the 2.1 speakers). It crashed during combat, teleport or just walking around.

Speaking of frame rate slow down, every time I load the session and/or the weather kicks in it kind of stutters. Especially when the weather kicks in. But it goes beyond that, to the point where sudden shifts in camera zooming while moving make the game stutter a lot. As an example I went through Griffinbourgh doing zoom in/zoom out while moving forward with the keyboard and rotating the camera left and right, and boy did that slow the game down! Like the movement almost halting! My HDD was constantly being accessed while this was happening so I'm guessing it was writing texture cache?! Not sure. But in terms of camera movement mixed with toon movement it gets kind of freaky.

In terms of gameplay I've already noticed many of the news in the patch. The fur on boars is beyond crazy! But also some shields, enemy and weapon models are already up and running. Faced the Grunwald dragon (and ran :D) and the zoom on boss update seems to be working nicely, as it maintains the zoom as is. A strange thing was casting a Raging Nimbus/Frost Flare/Glacial Thorns combo and having the cursor appear with the ranged attack icon, which also happens whenever you use a spell and point the cursor towards the edges of the screen. Potions (not health potions, the rest) are either not working or their animations aren't, couldn't really understand which. But the animation at the hero statue also seemed to not appear. Beware of champion trolls and their ghostly summons (holy crap they're harder!), but that should be a part of the new rebalance so no harm on my view. Oh, potions stack ok, and like it was said you just need to drop the ones in the inventory and pick them up again.

I think that was it, it was just an hour and I've tried different things. Didn't try to run Elite on and Physx off but I don't really have any more spare time today, maybe tomorrow. But I'll gladly run more variables into the equation.

• Thanks! 1
2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Potions (not health potions, the rest) are either not working or their animations aren't, couldn't really understand which. But the animation at the hero statue also seemed to not appear

Potion FX doesn't get called. Debuffs also affected. Ok, that'll be fixed.

2 hours ago, Androdion said:

In four sessions three came to a random crash, always preceded by a slowdown in the frame rate.

Were you playing in fullscreen-mode, or windowed-mode? Also, could you please send me your options.txt?

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

Are you running in full screen?  I forgot that one result of testing was that windowed mode should not be used due to some serious crashing problems.  How is your stability compared to patch 1.50?

You mean throwing potions don't work?  Drinkable potions don't have an animation, nor do hero statues (god statues and blessed altars do however).

Tell me about the the frame rate slow down.  Is that brand new, or more of the same?  Griffinborough has always given my system fits, just like you describe, though not quite as bad.

Does disabling Anti-Aliasing in the game menu do anything for the slowdown?  I'm experimenting with bypassing the in-game AA and forcing it through Nvidia CP.  Some effects were giving massive slowdown to my system, but only when the in-game AA was enabled.

Yeah, those Orc Ghosts that are summoned by Ogre Shamans are tough now, but they were definitely missing some bonuses before.  The elites were formerly weaker than the normal variants.

Thanks for posting Androdion.

Yep, playing in full screen. I've tried windowed mode long ago for stability testing but it didn't make a difference so I always go full screen. Stability with Elite Textures and Physx toggled on in 1.60 vs 1.50 is probably a bit better, but nothing remarkable. Global wise 1.60 has worsened my gaming experience when compared to ET/Physx off in 1.50.

I meant that drinkable potions and hero statues don't show those coloured circles around the toon like they used to, signalling they've been used.

That frame rate slow down isn't exactly new but it's more prevalent in the same situations. Usually with 1.50 and both ET/Physx on I'd have some slow downs here and there and that bit of lag on weather kicking in the visual engine, but now the frame rate drops are constant and the same spots. I.e. when loading a game, arriving a new place via teleport, zooming in/out when moving. It's almost as if there was a specific delay in the game engine in those particular situations, and like I said my HDD has a lot of accesses during those moments, hence mentioning that it was probably writing cache.

Haven't tried disabling ET/Physx/AA, and I can't for today as I'm off to a journey in real life. :D But I should find some time tomorrow, probably.

Here's my options TXT.

options.txt

This is a test release.  Just like every test release before, this is like a patch for a patch.  Czevak and Marcuswob always released a test version for use with the mod enabler before the full installer package for the final release was built.  I'm doing the same.

7 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Here's my options TXT.

Please, try the following options:

d_gpuSync = 1,

waitForGpuMode = 1,

checkWorldPositions = 1,

dxDetect = 1,

enableMobilitySupport = 0,

usePhysHW = 1,

detail_physx = 0,

7 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Please, try the following options:

d_gpuSync = 1,

waitForGpuMode = 1,

checkWorldPositions = 1,

dxDetect = 1,

enableMobilitySupport = 0,

usePhysHW = 1,

detail_physx = 0,

I will, tomorrow. In the meantime should I run the game in some specific way or just play along?

9 minutes ago, Flix said:

This is a test release.  Just like every test release before, this is like a patch for a patch.  Czevak and Marcuswob always released a test version for use with the mod enabler before the full installer package for the final release was built.  I'm doing the same.

Cool

4 minutes ago, Androdion said:

In the meantime should I run the game in some specific way or just play along?

There's no specific pattern. The delays after teleporting, that you've encountered most likely result from cache rewrites, but should not be over 1.5 - 2 seconds per teleport.

Hello dear community; Download is fine; I encounter a strange ennemy behaviour in Grunwald Forest: they are slowly moving backward instead of attacking me when seeing me.

Loading times are increased for sure; I tried the options you mentionned Dimitrius and it was not playable for me (big fps drops, stop responding), else it seems to play well (with sturttering/fps drops sometimes but as usual).

Immediate (or after my first teleport maybe). Also I loaded Gold at first but seen I hadn't started it in fact so loaded Silver and now I have 2 mounts in Silver but I can only use one. Dunno what happens.

Edited by desm
precision
40 minutes ago, desm said:

2 mounts in Silver but I can only use one

That's... strange. Could you, please, check again with the files from https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yMxfzmPZ4_NDhubm9sLWlTWG8/view?usp=sharing? Those should be extracted to the Sacred 2 system folder. The savegame used  should be the one before the mount duplication has happened.

Edited by dimitrius154

Oh crap, I forgot...

Speaking of mounts, I had this visual bug occur a couple of times where I'd load a game with the mount near to me and when I called it it would come near me and leave a phantom image on the spot where it was before. Like a static image. Weird but not gamebreaking in any way.

Enemies walk backward when you're higher level than them.  Check your level, check enemy levels, report back.  I can't view your video.

Double mount bug still isn't fixed, looks like.  I've been getting it myself.

I updated the download link again, this time with a 7z archive with encrypted file names, using a fresh set of system files I just got from Dmitriy.  Just to rule out any tomfoolery by Yahoo or Google overlords "protecting" us from malicious files using whatever tampering they may use.  If for some reason you can't open 7z archives you can get 7zip here.

• The topic was featured
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was pinned