Community Patch 1.60 Beta Test Release

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Elite Textures On = forget about fluid gameplay in cities and towns: there's a constant overflow of the hard limit on texture memory usage(~420 MB) going on, followed by the memory manager attempt to conform the usage to said limit. This sequence causes medium to hard lags.

This lag happens without Elite Textures too. Also, there is some lag when opening merchant window for the first time.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=TYz1n5_VrrU&t=1m55s

I didn't make those videos but I have the same lag without Elite Textures.

Thanks for your reply.

• Thanks! 1
On 9/26/2017 at 8:03 AM, Hooyaah said:

I would have rather seen the new patch simply address crash issues and add a few of the other changes to bosses and whatnot which would not affect item modifiers or how powerful enemies and characters currently were before the patch.

The stats reroll was caused by the Dragon Mage's bonuses being added to items.  This was a boneheaded bug on the part of the devs, and it seriously needed to be fixed.  I didn't know it would have these side effects, but I wasn't wrong to fix it.

The best advice I can give is save your old 1.50 blueprint.txt and overwrite the one from 1.60 after installing it.  I guess this goes for anyone who doesn't play Dragon Mages and relies on the stats of random items from downloaded chests.

• Thanks! 1
4 hours ago, Flix said:

The stats reroll was caused by the Dragon Mage's bonuses being added to items.  This was a boneheaded bug on the part of the devs, and it seriously needed to be fixed.  I didn't know it would have these side effects, but I wasn't wrong to fix it.

The best advice I can give is save your old 1.50 blueprint.txt and overwrite the one from 1.60 after installing it.  I guess this goes for anyone who doesn't play Dragon Mages and relies on the stats of random items from downloaded chests.

Indeed Flix, that does circumvent the issue that I had. Please understand that I did not intend to appear admonishing at all. I was merely pointing out a circumstance that I found troublesome enough not to employ the patch. Thank you for providing a satisfactory solution which has effectively eliminated my concern. With the final version you will doubtlessly continue to work out other issues such as compatibility with other popular mods. 

6 hours ago, Flix said:

What's only valid? 

The stats reroll you mentioned, on the items. Rephrasing it, does the stats reroll only occur on saved chests from the download section and not on freshly dropped items or does it happen on every item that now drops? Dimitrius mentioned the second opion before, so that's what I'd like to confirm since it was mentioned again.

I actually forgot to mention two things that happened to me. One; I can't seem to be able to access the Steam overlay (when you press SHIFT+TAB) while ingame, so I can't take snapshots as PRINT SCRN gives me a black screen output. I'm not sure if it's in any way related to this patch or if it's Steam that's broken. I do know it used to work with the game. Maybe it could have to do with the custom NCP settings?! If any of you knows please let me know. Two; I collected a book from loot that had gear bonuses from a random sword, with a bonus unblocked by the sword weapons skill. It read normally, no problem, but while I was hovering over it in the inventory it was really weird. And because of the first point I wasn't able to take a picture of it...

Sorry that I haven't been able to test run more over the past days, but it's been one tough week at work with lots and lots of issues. Next week I'll be out and AFK, but I'll see if I can find some time before I go to continue testing it. And in the meantime, yes please explain the new update. ;)

PS: Took the new update for a run (insomniac dude is insomniac) with my mage staff-wielding SW and I have to say that there are considerable differences in lagging when entering Sloeford and Clearview. Not just that but the whole game engine seems to run smoother, and I don't think my eyes are tricking me. There's still some slight bumps here and there but globally and after an hour it felt more fluid. Alas if it wasn't for a totally random CTD on Clearview it would've been near perfect. Funny thing is that I didn't noticed any lagging before the crash, it just crashed from one second to the other.

Edited by Androdion
2 hours ago, Androdion said:

Alas if it wasn't for a totally random CTD on Clearview it would've been near perfect

Hmm, please, backup the original graphics20 - graphics24 in pak subdirectory of the game, then paste ones from this archive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5yMxfzmPZ4_R2J2eFZxc2wzeGc - a trimmed version, ~60% less memory usage. 

7 hours ago, Saraphima said:

Please explain what the options are :D PLEASE!!! :D

An insurance policy to keep CTDS in check, at a cost of a certain inconvenience:

In options.txt find the following strings:

binding_shortcut1 = 1084,
 binding_shortcut10 = 1111,
 binding_shortcut11 = 1112,

cmd_shortcut1 = "editor",
 cmd_shortcut10 = "help",
 cmd_shortcut11 = "help",

Set them to:

binding_shortcut1 = 65, 
 binding_shortcut10 = 65,
 binding_shortcut11 = 65,

65 is the default quicksave key - F7, could be a different one for your setup, look up the "binding_savegame" string for the correct value.

cmd_shortcut1 = "sys fadeout",
cmd_shortcut10 = "sys fadein 2.0",
cmd_shortcut11 = "sys flush",

As a result quicksaving a game now takes about 6 seconds, but, each time it's done, memory usage defaults to safe levels. Should ensure, that no CTDs happen in either windowed, or fullscreen mode.

• Like! 1
4 hours ago, Androdion said:

The stats reroll you mentioned, on the items. Rephrasing it, does the stats reroll only occur on saved chests from the download section and not on freshly dropped items or does it happen on every item that now drops?

How could stats re-roll on items that haven't dropped yet?  They'll just roll once, like always, when they drop.

What are you anticipating?  That stats on items will now randomly change each time you load the game?  The stats change is a one-time thing caused by the game having a different group of bonuses to choose from on certain random items.  It's not even all random items, just those that had Dragon Mage bonuses added - most jewelry and several pieces of armor.

I can't get my head around what you're asking.  Obviously freshly dropped items will be subject to having the Dragon Mage bonuses on them.  I feel like you all have some idea that I've nerfed the values on various modifiers, which isn't the case.

16 minutes ago, Flix said:

How could stats re-roll on items that haven't dropped yet?  They'll just roll once, like always, when they drop.

What are you anticipating?  That stats on items will now randomly change each time you load the game?

No, I just wanted to confirm how the patch actually affects the stored items. Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't understanding the mechanics of it, but now I think I did. Items that were stored in older savegames that have random bonuses are changed from them being reapplied (re-rolled) right? But items that have fixed bonuses (I.e uniques, legendaries, set items) will remain unaffected. Right?

So the only items that would be affected in the download section would be, say, rare (yellow) items and not the remaining (green, golden, orange). Correct or not?

PS: I forgot, books still show weapon skill bonuses on hover.

Edited by Androdion

So I found 2 bugs already, one is managable and second one is pretty concerning, but it might be just something on my end.

First bug is about selling stacked runes, any additional runes that were in a stack just disappear from the shop window, you cannot purchase them back. I only tried quick selling so it might be an issue only when using this.

Second one is that my Dragon Mage is completely gone. And I don't mean a character, I mean like literally a Dragon Mage class is gone, there are Dragon Mage items, he is selectable in New Character screen but other than that he is literally non-existent, he has no textures, when you start the game with him you can't move even though everything is there, I believe it has something to do with this because before I installed this everything was working fine. I will try turing the patch off to see if I still have the dragon mage without it, I will edit this post with the results

EDIT: Turns out it's something with my game, which is a bummer, guess I will have to reinstall it. That makes only the first one a bug related to the new CMPatch.

Edited by KrystianCzach243r
2 hours ago, Androdion said:
  • Game is snappier, faster and runs awesomely. Any lag in animations, entering villages and whatnot is virtually inexistent! I changed toons and went with a second one to Griffinborough and I could only notice the frame rate dropping very minimally when approaching the centre of the village with all the lighting.

Excellent news! :)

9 minutes ago, KrystianCzach243r said:

just disappear from the shop window, you cannot purchase them back

Does selling a stack of potions allow to buy them back as a stack? If not, then there's no bug here - just the way, the store is coded.

12 minutes ago, KrystianCzach243r said:

Second one is that my Dragon Mage is completely gone.

Hmm, the one existing before the patch? No promises on backward compatibility for that class - might have something to do with item bonusgroup changes.

6 hours ago, Androdion said:

No, I just wanted to confirm how the patch actually affects the stored items. Sorry for the confusion but I wasn't understanding the mechanics of it, but now I think I did. Items that were stored in older savegames that have random bonuses are changed from them being reapplied (re-rolled) right? But items that have fixed bonuses (I.e uniques, legendaries, set items) will remain unaffected. Right?

So the only items that would be affected in the download section would be, say, rare (yellow) items and not the remaining (green, golden, orange). Correct or not?

PS: I forgot, books still show weapon skill bonuses on hover.

Ohhhhh, yes correct,  only randomized bonuses are affected.  Items with preset bonuses are not affected.  How could they be? 

5 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, the one existing before the patch?

No, Dragon Mage in general just doesn't exist for me anymore D: Only his items and runes... I can't start playing as a new one, anything. It only happened after  I patched the game for whatever reason

8 minutes ago, KrystianCzach243r said:

Dragon Mage in general just doesn't exist for me anymore

I've just tested a new Dragon Mage character - no unusual behavior, no graphic glitches. Try to redownload the patch archive - a corruption in transfer is possible.

2 hours ago, KrystianCzach243r said:

No, Dragon Mage in general just doesn't exist for me anymore D: Only his items and runes... I can't start playing as a new one, anything. It only happened after  I patched the game for whatever reason

Hey!  You followed the rule of no other mods allowed right?  A clean install?

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

Oh don't mind me, I've been barely sleeping this week and as such I sometimes take a tiny bit more time to get there. :D

I feel you, I'm working two jobs now,  plus my "job" of Sacred 2 mod development. I alternate between irritable and loopy.

• Like! 1
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was pinned