Community Patch 1.60 Beta Test Release

Great

2 hours ago, Lichtbringer said:

Hello @ all!

I'm new to the forums and at first I want to thank you for your work on this lovely game developed so many years ago - your work is really impressive!

Happy you found your way over to us, welcome to DarkMatters, Lichtbringer!

:)

gogo

On 9/30/2017 at 9:13 AM, Recath said:

I've heard of audio crashing sacred 2 before, I can't recall where. Anyone who knows more about this should post it somewhere if it's not already on here somewhere

On 9/30/2017 at 3:36 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, the sound for the effect is enabled codewise and it does play ingame. Sound resource ID 2085, path: soundhq.zip\fx\spells\generic\lifeleech\generic_lifeleech_l.ogg  It's very subtle though, you probably can't hear it.

On 9/30/2017 at 4:03 PM, Flix said:

Worked well for me too.  No crashes.  Tried all the characters that have PhysX on their spells. 

I found that SFX.  The audio file is still in there (generic_lifeleech_l) and it's still scripted ("FX Generic Lifeleech").  It's a low, steady, whooshing kind sound.  Plays fine.  They must have replaced the sound itself.

Thanks all of you for the great feedback! It was a real  thorn in my side when that great whooshing, buzzing noise was turned down and replaced with what we have now.  I remember posting to the dev who supervised the sound Lars Hammer (did an interview with him here on DarkMatters! :bounce: )  and he was saying that game balance was the most important thing, and that the effect was just causing too many game drops.

This journey has given me closure

:D

gogo

New update, both me and my brother downloaded the updated patch version, he had no issues (windows 10) I had 1 issue (windows 7). I crashed on upstart, solution was to put both exe files in xp pack 3 compatibility mode. 

Problemsignature:
P1: sacred2.exe
P2: 2.65.2.0
P3: 4be45a9b
P4: s2render.dll
P5: 2.65.2.0
P6: 4b27a363
P7: c0000005
P8: 00251829
P9: 
P10: 
This was the only one with any useful info 

The error that said: a problem arose with sacred2.exe, in the module s2render.dll

The error in windows logs appeared twice, and I launched the game twice, and the time stamps seems accurate too. Aside from this the energy shield is working, and xp mode solved it, but it wasn't needed in the first version I tried. I will see if I can get my brother to check what crashed his game the day before too

Edited by Recath

Hi Dimitri!

Tryed without -nocpubinding, same issue... startet up once, changed gfx-settings and click on accept - game crashed and can't start it up anymore...

Btw: We are both on Win 10 and playing CM-Patch 150 since 3 hours - we also had a crash, but the game starts up again and changing gfx-settings is no problem...

38 minutes ago, Recath said:

P8: 00251829

Oh, crap.... The fixup is wrong! @#@@!$$! Ok, I've sent Flix an update.

Once in place, your tweaks are unneeded, I think. That applies to Lichtbringer as well.

Edited by dimitrius154

Ok so I got an update from Dmitriy but it will be several hours before I get home to upload it. There was a problem with one of our dll files.  If anybody needs it in the next 7 hours maybe Dmitriy can upload just that file. 

Confirming: the dll file works on my end, thanks dimitri

Edit: just as I say that the game crashes again:

The file can not be accessed because of any of the following: There is a problem with the network connection, with the disk where the file is stored, or with the storage drivers installed on this computer, or the disk is not available.
The error caused Windows to close the Sacred 2 - Game Client software

P4: StackHash_0a9e
P5: 0.0.0.0
P6: 00000000
P7: c0000096
P8: 0cc9d01f

I tabbed out the game and it crashed  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

New edit: game crashes on upstart again

P4: s2render.dll
P5: 2.65.2.0
P6: 4b27a363
P7: c0000005
P8: 0025183d

Edit: the game launches the 3:rd time around after long wait, it's fullscreen in the options, but when I click outside the game on my second screen the game stays up, the game is not really in fullscreen. I probably put the dll in the wrong location 

Edited by Recath
2 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, try the same link again.

I tried it again and it worked BUT fullscreen is no longer fullscreen, it's borderless windowed now and that means I can't access anything underneath the game because it won't let anything display above it.

I tried to go windowed then back to fullscreen but I got a bug (an old one) that throws your cursor off center, so I tried to change the resolution, and the game minimizes itself everytime I launch it. I've had this exact issue before that when you change back from windowed it will throw your cursor off center, change resolution and you have to delete options.txt, otherwise minimize hell. 

After I deleted options.txt it worked

Edited by Recath
being clearer

I just had time for a quick try, so I redownloaded and installed patch 160 and changed the dll with the new one on my girlfriends pc ...

I tryed to change gfx-settings, made a game server and alt-tabbed out of the game without crash - so it seems to work now.

Thank you Dmitriy!

9 minutes ago, Lichtbringer said:

Thank you Dmitriy!

You are welcome:) The crash was a result of an unfortunate miscalculation during spell VFX trimming attempt. 

You probably would be interested in the optimized versions of the Elite Textures and PhysX extension. Links can be found in my previous posts in this topic.

I think Dmitriy is the catalyst to all this. This is just so awesome I could pee myself! I know there are a lot of stuff from the past that you guys tried to get working. Would be cool to maybe revisit those old ideas and see if Dmitriy can get them working. :) Major thanks to Dmitriy and the patch team and keeping sacred 2 fresh <3

Дмитрий. (не знаю, можно ли здесь писать по-русски, но всё же попробую, только зарегистрировался). 

Приветствую Вас от лица всего русского Steam-Community этой замечательной игры Sacred 2.

Я являюсь автором руководства по локализации и фиксам игры, включая установку Вашего патча (ссылка на руководство: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332302146)

На протяжении продолжительного времени мы с ребятами боролись с вылетами и нестабильностью игры как могли, каждый подсказывал что-либо новое.

Но настал момент, когда один из комментаторов предоставил ссылку на Ваш новый патч 0160 бета версии.

Спешу поделиться.

Игра действительно стала стабильнее, но всё же вылеты имеют место быть. В основном это рандомные вылеты при открытии карты/инвентаря. Вылеты ловил в основном в окрестностях одного из первых городов Слоуфорд.

Подразумеваю, что игра чертовски кушает память, кэш не очищается. Сначала фризится картинка, звук при этом остается на фоне, и игра вылетает с ошибкой. Всем сообществом надеемся на дальнейшие фиксы и выход финальной версии патча.

Так же у меня есть желание вступить в Вашу службу поддержки (английским владею на базовом уровне, прочитал все 8 страниц форума, выбрал некоторые фиксы).

Спасибо большое за этот патч, мы, по правде, уже и не надеялись ни на что хорошее.

1 hour ago, WallsOfJericho said:

Приветствую Вас от лица всего русского Steam-Community этой замечательной игры Sacred 2.

Приветствую!

В основном это рандомные вылеты при открытии карты/инвентаря. Вылеты ловил в основном в окрестностях одного из первых городов Слоуфорд.

Эти симптомы подозрительно похожи на описанные ранее Recath'ом. Результат промашки с инструкцией в s2render.dll. Закачайте последнюю версию из шапки темы. Все библиотеки и экзешники в папке system игры - обязательны. Совместимость экзешников выставлять не следует. Если вылеты продолжатся, прошу прислать текст ошибки из лога приложений винды.

Подразумеваю, что игра чертовски кушает память, кэш не очищается.

Цимес в том, что никакой утечки походу нет. Зажор памяти идет до 2 с копейками ГБ, затем объем взятой памяти уменьшается и держится в пределах 1.5 - 1.7. Но, чтобы не было фризов и вылетов на 1.5 пришлось патчить все библиотеки. Также сторонние библиотеки заменены на максимально свежие совместимые.

Показатели менеджера памяти в options.txt:

if not manager then
manager = {
 animMem = 33554432,
 grannyMem = 67108864,
 pmsMem = 8388608,
 secMem = 33554432,
 sptMem = 8388608,
 texMem = 209715200, - не менять
}
end

Обратите внимание на "улучшенные" Элитные Текстуры(суть - убрано большинство нормальных текстур ландшафта, архитектуры, объектов на сцене. Итог - качество то же, а зажора памяти и соотв. богомерзких лагов в городах нет.) и порезанный physxext.zip(убраны идиотские мусорные кучи листьев, веток, итд., частицы от заклов не остаются на земле)

2 hours ago, WallsOfJericho said:

каждый подсказывал что-либо новое.

Среди первых советов на форумах было:

"Удалите, или переименуйте библиотеки LaptopGaming_xp.dll и LaptopGaming_vista.dll" - есть обоснованное мнение, что это приводит к вылетам в оконном режиме, при зажоре памяти ~1.5ГБ.

• Thanks! 1

As English is the official language on this forum, please do the rest of us the courtesy of running your post through Google translate at the very least .:)

I'll repeat my previous post in two languages:

3 hours ago, WallsOfJericho said:

Приветствую!

Hello!

В основном это рандомные вылеты при открытии карты/инвентаря. Вылеты ловил в основном в окрестностях одного из первых городов Слоуфорд.

Эти симптомы подозрительно похожи на описанные ранее Recath'ом. Результат промашки с инструкцией в s2render.dll. Закачайте последнюю версию из шапки темы. Все библиотеки и экзешники в папке system игры - обязательны. Совместимость экзешников выставлять не следует. Если вылеты продолжатся, прошу прислать текст ошибки из лога приложений винды.

Those symptoms look suspiciously like the ones, described by Recath ealier. Result of a mismatched instruction in s2render.dll. Download the latest version from TS post links. All dll and executables must be present in the game's "system" folder. No compatible mode for executables. If CTDs persist, please post the error message from Windows application event log. 

Подразумеваю, что игра чертовски кушает память, кэш не очищается.

Цимес в том, что никакой утечки походу нет. Зажор памяти идет до 2 с копейками ГБ, затем объем взятой памяти уменьшается и держится в пределах 1.5 - 1.7. Но, чтобы не было фризов и вылетов на 1.5 пришлось патчить все библиотеки и исполнительные файлы. Также сторонние библиотеки заменены на максимально свежие совместимые.

The hilarious thing is, there seems to be no memory leak at all. The game eats RAM up to ~2GB, then  memory usage is reduced and is kept within 1.5 - 1.7 GB interval. To avoid freezes and CTDs at 1.5 GB threshold I had to patch all the libraries and executables. Also, libraries not developed by Ascaron were replaced by the latest compatible versions.

Показатели менеджера памяти в options.txt:

if not manager then
manager = {
 animMem = 33554432,
 grannyMem = 67108864,
 pmsMem = 8388608,
 secMem = 33554432,
 sptMem = 8388608,
 texMem = 209715200, - не менять
}
end

Memory manager values in options.txt:

if not manager then
manager = {
 animMem = 33554432,
 grannyMem = 67108864,
 pmsMem = 8388608,
 secMem = 33554432,
 sptMem = 8388608,
 texMem = 209715200, - do not touch
}
end

Обратите внимание на "улучшенные" Элитные Текстуры(суть - убрано большинство нормальных текстур ландшафта, архитектуры, объектов на сцене. Итог - качество то же, а зажора памяти и соотв. богомерзких лагов в городах нет.) и порезанный physxext.zip(убраны идиотские мусорные кучи листьев, веток, итд., частицы от заклов не остаются на земле)

Try the "improved" Elite Textures(in essence - most normal maps for landscape, architecture and misc. objects have been cut out. Result is - same visual quality, no extra high memory usage, or hard lags in towns) and trimmed physxext.zip(idiotic garbage dumps of leaves, branches, etc. removed, spell particles no longer persist on the ground)

каждый подсказывал что-либо новое.

Среди первых советов на форумах было:

"Удалите, или переименуйте библиотеки LaptopGaming_xp.dll и LaptopGaming_vista.dll" - есть обоснованное мнение, что это приводит к вылетам в оконном режиме, при зажоре памяти ~1.5ГБ.

One of the first advices from the forums was:

"Rename  or remove LaptopGaming_xp.dll and LaptopGaming_vista.dll" - I have an educated opinion, that this advice leads to crashes in windowed mode, once memory usage reaches ~1.5GB.

Edited by dimitrius154

Did some testing today and everything works really smooth. I played for 6 hours, no crashes, no freezes. Amazing work, that you did here. Made a fresh char (seraphim) and did some leveling. Finally lightsabers are usable, this annoying humming-sound was driving me insane. Also a great plus, that Jaftar is now a boss. It was odd everytime, that he was a normal enemy, no boss or at least some elite. Really great stuff.

So, there is just one question: is there any chance of open up the shadow  path for seraphim and the light path for inquisitor? Since you enabled all Genaral skilla for all chars, I'm curious if this has any chance of coming to the light of day. It would bring this great game - in my eyes - close to perfection.

• Like! 1
  • The topic was locked
  • The topic was pinned