Community Patch 1.60 Beta Test Release

I found micromanagement for rune stack annoying; the idea is very good but we can't ctrl + left click them for autoplacement from player inventory to stash , it is possible to get a fix for this ?

31 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Mss32.dll - Miles Sound System. Check the default sound device, driver fault possible, or some kind of software 3D sound emulator is working in your system, causing interference.

Also, add the Sacred 2 directory to the exceptions list of your antivirus, if it's not there already.

I'va aded the exception and replaced dll with a 9.3f version. Thanks.

Hello there.

After all this time I got finally time to test this beta. Maybe to late to be of any value for the team, but there isn't much I have to point out, though. ^^

I played five hours straight until it crashed. Normally I can't play this long, so nothing to complain here. xD
Most things are just working fine. Ship ports, Air Balloon port and Travel Agent NPCs working fine.
Running around in circles for horses and with meele combos really works fine (means, is fixed) (a big point for me since I mostly play meele).
Camera in boss battles is fixed, that always bothered me especially in the final battle.

"Percents, not flat numbers, are now correctly shown in tooltips for Combat Discipline and Speed Lore. "
Thanks thousand times for that! 

Stackable runes are great for saving space. Is there a way to lay a rune from a stack into the Rune Masters slots? Having to seperate them to do so is a bit boring... but a small price for the bigger benefit. ^^

"Ogre clan Champion designs: Grurag (blue) and Ore-Thag (red) are activated and added to Nor Plat. "
I can confirm this. But I have to say, the blue one doesn't do anything. He has the symbol to speak with him, doesn't attack and isn't attackable.

"All characters now have voiced comments when accepting new quests. "
Where do you get those from? Some of them are really cool! xD

Onliest seen bug: 

I only posted the links to the pictures... don't know how to post here without spamming you with pictures, sorry!
anWA6bR.png
N0VkmOp.png

At some point, those two in Nor-Plat have been doubled. They have been normal at first, aber after some quests they have been doubled. Not really copies of each other, since they had different items to sell.

Thanks for all the work, I will greatly enjoy meele Shadow Warrior for a while. ^^

Edited by Roderick
  • Thanks! 1
59 minutes ago, Roderick said:

I can confirm this. But I have to say, the blue one doesn't do anything. He has the symbol to speak with him, doesn't attack and isn't attackable.

Grurag clan is friendly to light path characters.  They're patrolling like the other blue orcs around Entruag.  Only the red ones would be hostile.  The opposite would be true on the shadow path. 

1 hour ago, Roderick said:

Where do you get those from? Some of them are really cool! xD

The developers made them.  They were active in the demo.  For some reason they got broken at some point.

7 minutes ago, Flix said:

For some reason they got broken at some point.

They were explicitly disable in the code. There are signs of rushing things everywhere, as well as fragments of explicit comments, in English, mind you, stating that avoiding CTDs was the only priority in the end. "Haulin' ar.., gettin' paid", so to speak.

Edited by dimitrius154
11 minutes ago, Flix said:

Grurag clan is friendly to light path characters.  They're patrolling like the other blue orcs around Entruag.  Only the red ones would be hostile.  The opposite would be true on the shadow path. 

Ahhhhh, of course! I didn't think of that. Thank you!

4 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

They were explicitly disable in the code. There are signs of rushing things everywhere, as well as fragments of explicit comments, in English, mind you, stating that avoiding CTDs was the only priority in the end. "Haulin' ar.., gettin' paid", so to speak.

I can undestand having unfinished code somewhere disabled because of rushing things... but disabling finished sounds? Must have been really tight in the end.

Thank you for great work on so old but great game. Patch 1.60 works on my notebook (upgraded from 1.50) but it does not on my main computer. There is error: Security module cant be activated. Program cant be executed (error code 8016). More information "some webpage of securom.com". If I disable cm-patch I cant play anymore. But I can play after reinstallation of the game (Sacred 2 Gold from gog.com) and I can also use patch 1.50. I tried install patch 1.60 alone or after 1.50 but no success.

4 hours ago, alcedoj said:

Thank you for great work on so old but great game. Patch 1.60 works on my notebook (upgraded from 1.50) but it does not on my main computer. There is error: Security module cant be activated. Program cant be executed (error code 8016). More information "some webpage of securom.com". If I disable cm-patch I cant play anymore. But I can play after reinstallation of the game (Sacred 2 Gold from gog.com) and I can also use patch 1.50. I tried install patch 1.60 alone or after 1.50 but no success.

Hello.  What's the directory you have the game installed in?  Program Files can give permissions problems sometimes.  Are you an administrator on your computer?

10 hours ago, Roderick said:

At some point, those two in Nor-Plat have been doubled. They have been normal at first, aber after some quests they have been doubled. Not really copies of each other, since they had different items to sell.

Did this happen within a single game session?  I mean, did they get cloned for the first time without saving/exiting?  And are they still cloned after reloading?

13 hours ago, Flix said:

Hello.  What's the directory you have the game installed in?  Program Files can give permissions problems sometimes.  Are you an administrator on your computer?

Hello. Game is located in f:/Hry/Sacred 2 Gold and I am administrator. I have tried to run it as admin but no improvement.

19 hours ago, alcedoj said:

There is error: Security module cant be activated. Program cant be executed (error code 8016). More information "some webpage of securom.com"

This error is displayed, if some of the game dlls or the executable itself is determined to be open in some other program. At least, that's the only way, I could trigger it.

What are the OS and the antivirus?

[EDIT] Although no, the error ID is different. Perhaps this article can be of use, if you have similar hardware(it might be a CPU issue):

https://sims3.crinrict.com/en/2015/10/windows-10-and-securom.html

The usual advice has been to update motherboard BIOS.

Edited by dimitrius154

Wow- So many changes! :) Very Awesome!  I will have to get this installed at some point! Many things happen when away for awhile and or sick... and other new shiny things!

Whats the compatibility with current characters or should we start over? (Yes I will back up my saves)

After a reinstall I take it the trimmed textures will have to be reinstalled as well?

Should we delete options.txt  or can we leave it?

For steam I assume a reinstall would suffice to do an uninstall GME after deactivating mod, and then verify local files in steam? or use the old 150-disabler?

Keep up the great work!

• Like! 1

Hello Magemaster.  New characters are best, especially Dragon Mages (so you can benefit from the new combo bugfix).  Also, many random items have their stats "re-rolled" due to some bug fixes, so your current characters rare rings might be changed up a little, for example.  

Trimmed Elite textures should not be affected by the patch install/uninstall procedure.  Once in place, you're all set.  :)

Options.txt won't be touched by the patcher.  If you have it how you like, you should be fine.

If you have the 1.60 beta patch (made for GME) installed, then disable it with the GME.  Then you should be able to just use the new 1.60 installer - it should be able to upgrade from 1.50 to 1.60 without needing to disable 1.50 first.

3 hours ago, MageMaster said:

Wow- So many changes! :) Very Awesome!  I will have to get this installed at some point! Many things happen when away for awhile and or sick... and other new shiny things!

Whats the compatibility with current characters or should we start over? (Yes I will back up my saves)

After a reinstall I take it the trimmed textures will have to be reinstalled as well?

Should we delete options.txt  or can we leave it?

For steam I assume a reinstall would suffice to do an uninstall GME after deactivating mod, and then verify local files in steam? or use the old 150-disabler?

Keep up the great work!

Good seeing you back, love reading hiw much you’re loving their mod!

?

gogo

I've read the changelog and can't say how grateful I am for these changes.

Especially this one

Using weapon-based combat arts in melee should no longer make the character run around in circles trying
to reach a target that's already in range.

Thank you so much Flix!

• Like! 1

HI all

Just installed 1.60 and plan to run my sword and shield seraphin new char from the start to end in bronze. I testesd it with my current build lv 37 and I can safely say that I have noticed a smoother game and few little touches like new info on the splash screens on so on,and christmas island for the first time. so if I see bugs or something ill let you know.

note: clean instal from steam and no mods only the 1.60 patch. 

It binds the "Esc" key to the first shortkey command. The cmd_shortcut0 = "sys savehero", string is also required to complete the combination. Essentially, once you call the game menu, the game is saved along with the current hero gameworld position.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was pinned