Community Patch 1.60 Beta Test Release

6 hours ago, Ironwill said:

I've read the changelog and can't say how grateful I am for these changes.

Especially this one

Using weapon-based combat arts in melee should no longer make the character run around in circles trying
to reach a target that's already in range.

Thank you so much Flix!

Ironwill, yer back home here for the hoildays!

Great post of acknowledgement  for the Community Patch team!

:christmastree:

gogo

• Like! 1

Hi all 

I just updated windows 10 with some big update it put people on the task bar , anyway the 1.60 was playing smooth,  now it hiccups a stutters.

also I notice this more when killing  enemys and the timer don't go down when highlighted. also I notice when the game starts or I teleport some the screen goes back a few splash screens. like when I first start the game before I get in the game it goes back to the main screen after a splash screen with text. then the game starts any tips?

reinstall the driver from the redist files fixed the problem.

Edited by Rogue256
problem soved
2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Ironwill, yer back home here for the hoildays!

Great post of acknowledgement  for the Community Patch team!

:christmastree:

gogo

Yeah I am back,I wasn't around for few years.Glad to see you all here again.

17 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Good seeing you back, love reading hiw much you’re loving their mod!

?

gogo

Thanks, I just wish I had more time to play consistently.  I played up my last 160 character to 21..

Sometimes starting over can be a bit of a grind with the way I play I suppose.. Maybe I just need to pick a direction and go that way until I can't, without more clearing/leveling.

Life is Great!

• Like! 1

Hey!  I added an Update! <-- Install this small update with the Generic Mod Enabler, after doing the full install of 1.60.

This has been added to the first post under the main download link as well.  This small update has a fix for 1h magic staves while dual wielding (no more super range with CA's in this scenario), the Epic Office quest fix, another rebalance of Eternal Fire (less range and duration, better killing power), and finally a tweak to the new memory cache flush system we have set up.

Regarding the memory flushing, in this update it is set to flush every 6 teleports/zone changes, instead of every single one.  This should alleviate some micro-stuttering some people with AMD processors apparently experience.  I need some people to test, if they still get any memory leak crashes after playing for a long period of time or changing zones several times!

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Hey!  I added an Update! <-- Install this small update with the Generic Mod Enabler, after doing the full install of 1.60.

This has been added to the first post under the main download link as well.  This small update has a fix for 1h magic staves while dual wielding (no more super range with CA's in this scenario), the Epic Office quest fix, another rebalance of Eternal Fire (less range and duration, better killing power), and finally a tweak to the new memory cache flush system we have set up.

What was the end result here? Did you revert to the vanilla functionality or make some changes?

2 hours ago, Flix said:

I just have to trust he knows what he's doing.

I do:

1. The fix for those, who disagree with the course of action taken has been provided in the topic, as per Podgie_bear's implied request.

2. The availability of markers pointing at developer locations, has been one of the stated features of CM Patch 1.50 per patch notes(If I'm not making things up, that is). It simply was not done correctly and, as such, didn't work properly.

9 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

as per Podgie_bear's implied request.

I don't understand people who wouldn't want the quest markers at all.  If you didn't want that, just turn them off completely.  :dntknw:  The game holds hands with quest markers in all the other quests; there's no reason Office Quest should be any different.

For me, I just want no blue circles appearing if I'm not taking part in the quest.  It's misleading and distracting because it looks like open quests are cluttering the map.  In CM 1.50 the blue circles would only appear if you talked to the employees, so I just learned to never talk to them.  It seems the 1.50 change was an improvement over vanilla only for people like me, who don't play the quest.  :wacko:

11 minutes ago, Flix said:

In CM 1.50 the blue circles would only appear if you talked to the employees, so I just learned to never talk to them

If that's how it was in 1.50, that's how it is now. The "Talk" stages act the same. But I doubt it was the same - the "Talk" stages have no prerequisites and they have trigger sectors defined, both in vanilla and in 1.50.

The "fix" provided reverts that quest behavior to the original, sans rewards part.

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1
On 4.12.2017 at 3:40 AM, Flix said:

Did this happen within a single game session?  I mean, did they get cloned for the first time without saving/exiting?  And are they still cloned after reloading?

Sorry for the late response.

After a reload, the clones disappeared.

1 hour ago, Roderick said:

After a reload, the clones disappeared.

That means they were not present in the save file - they were not persistent. Some kind of a game session glitch, some local session creature IDs lost their connection to the sector file creature definitions.

Hidden at the edge of the mountains, just off of the Sands of 1,000 Antennae, is a bar with an active Merchant and a rune-master. I believe that it was proposed, at one time here, that this desert cantina would be dubbed The Tavern of the Jade Scarab, yet the location is not identified when nearby. Are there any plans to tag this location in the patch? I ask solely acting in the capacity of the Ancarian National Geographer.

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

Hidden at the edge of the mountains, just off of the Sands of 1,000 Antennae, is a bar with an active Merchant and a rune-master. I believe that it was proposed, at one time here, that this desert cantina would be dubbed The Tavern of the Jade Scarab, yet the location is not identified when nearby. Are there any plans to tag this location in the patch? I ask solely acting in the capacity of the Ancarian National Geographer.

May be possible.  The locations with pop-up names are scripted in triggerarea.txt, then it would just be a matter of generating the corresponding text entry.  Probably more suited for a mod such as Enhanced Edition, as this is a fan-created name.  In fact many other area names may be possible, for the sake of flavor if nothing else.

12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

If that's how it was in 1.50, that's how it is now. The "Talk" stages act the same. But I doubt it was the same - the "Talk" stages have no prerequisites and they have trigger sectors defined, both in vanilla and in 1.50.

The "fix" provided reverts that quest behavior to the original, sans rewards part.

If the quest had not yet begun, this was the behavior:

In 1.50, there was only an exclamation point on the map for the employee, and the blue circle appeared only after talking to the employee (and getting the "go away" dialogue).

The new fix has the exclamation and the blue circle, just from coming into the vicinity of the employee.  Player must now talk to the employee to get the blue circle to go away.

I've no problem with this.  I just have to make sure to talk to them if I find them, rather than avoid them.

I was not able to test/compare behavior for the quest when it has actually been started.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

The new fix has the exclamation and the blue circle, just from coming into the vicinity of the employee.

Let's see. Using "S_N_nn-Studio2-Buero-Anett-Talk", as an example:

The original(date modified - 28.07.2009):

quest.createQuest(2257, {
  id = 2257,
  name = "S_N_nn-Studio2-Buero-Anett-Talk",
  questtype = 3, -- Reachingquest
  silent=1,
  reward_exp=0,
  reward_gold=0,
  reward_drop=0,
  reward_attr=0,
  reward_skill=0,
  dangerclass=1,
  stopquestid=2255,
  stopqueststate=9,
  continues_quest_id = 2255,
  mainquestchapter = 0,
  continues_bookentry = 0,
  reservedforgod = 0,
  questbookstrategy = 0,
  releasestage = 30,
  progress = 0,
  ismainquest = 0,
  showdlgonwin = 0,
  author_ready = 0,
  qa_ready = 0,
  report_required = 0,
  forpathnot = 0,
  autostart = 0,
  anyprequest = 0,
  lostondecline = 0,
  precond_area = {
    area_id = 634,
    signalonenter = 1,
    p1 = {
      x = 55100.00,
      y = 101050.00,
      z = 0.00,
      layer = 0,
      orientation = 0.000,
    },
    p2 = {
      x = 57600.00,
      y = 98750.00,
      z = 0.00,
      layer = 0,
      orientation = 0.000,
    },
  },

questReach = {
    stations0 = {
      taskcreature = 6848,
      needsActivation = 0,
    },

},

})

The one you've sent me as a basis for 1.60 beta. I assume you've not tampered with the Office Quest, so it's 1.50:

id = 2257,
name = "S_N_nn-Studio2-Buero-Anett-Talk Classquest",
questtype = 3,
silent=1,
stopquestid=2255,
stopqueststate=9,
ismainquest = 0,
mainquestchapter = 0,
questbookstrategy = 0,
continues_bookentry = 0,
forpathnot = 0,
reservedforpath = 0,
reservedforhero = 0,
reservedforgod = 0,
reward_exp=0,
reward_gold=0,
reward_drop=0,
reward_attr=0,
reward_skill=0,
report_required = 0,
dangerclass=1,
author_ready = 0,
qa_ready = 0,
releasestage = 30,
progress = 0,
autostart = 0,
anyprequest = 0,
showdlgonwin = 0,
lostondecline = 0,
precond_area = {
area_id = 634,
signalonenter = 1,
p1 = { 17,31,0 , 700.000,1850.000,0.000 , 0.000 },
p2 = { 18,30,0 , 0.000,2750.000,0.000 , 0.000 },
},
questReach = {
stations0 = {
taskcreature = 6848,
needsActivation = 0,
},
},
})

The one from the Office Quest change, I've implemented:

id = 2257,
name = "S_N_nn-Studio2-Buero-Anett-Talk Classquest",
questtype = 3,
silent=1,
stopquestid=2255,
stopqueststate=8,
ismainquest = 0,
mainquestchapter = 0,
questbookstrategy = 0,
continues_bookentry = 0,
forpathnot = 0,
reservedforpath = 0,
reservedforhero = 0,
reservedforgod = 0,
reward_exp=0,
reward_gold=0,
reward_drop=0,
reward_attr=0,
reward_skill=0,
report_required = 0,
dangerclass=1,
author_ready = 0,
qa_ready = 0,
releasestage = 30,
progress = 0,
autostart = 0,
anyprequest = 0,
showdlgonwin = 0,
lostondecline = 0,
precond_area = {
area_id = 634,
signalonenter = 1,
p1 = { 17,31,0 , 700.000,1850.000,0.000 , 0.000 },
p2 = { 18,30,0 , 0.000,2750.000,0.000 , 0.000 },
},
questReach = {
stations0 = {
taskcreature = 6848,
needsActivation = 0,
},
},
})

As you can see, the quest activation conditions are the same. The quest has no precondition quests, it should activate, once the PC steps into the "precond_area", and is solved, once the taskcreature is talked to.  As it is within the game currently.

Would someone with 1.50 still active, please, check, whether the dev NPC behavior is, as Flix states? Cause, if so, then, either:

The 1.50 quest.txt contains yet another version of dev "Talk" scripts and I'd like to take a look at them.

or:

1. The behavior was incorrect from the scripting standpoint. 2. Seems like that bug was fixed in 1.60.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was pinned