Community Patch 1.60 Beta Test Release

OK FOLKS!  We've crawled out of our deep dark coding dungeon with a new version to be released!  First post has updated download link, new changelog, and new instructions.

Download the (hopefully) final test version of Community Patch 1.60

This is the FULL installer version.  No more installing with the mod enabler on top of 1.50.

What I'm mainly interested is installation/uninstallation.  Let me know how the process goes.  I'll be updating the various threads with some of the newer changes from the last two months.

• Thanks! 1
24 minutes ago, Androdion said:

It's almost the final version, as it's (hopefully) the last test version. And you can just install it, no need for enabling it as a mod. ;)

You don't get me , in first page you said,  "play it with other mod enable" it not recommended since it still a beta test ; so now can we  use other mod along side 1.60 ? Like Enhanced spell ?

Edited by Lony

I just installed 1.60 with the cm enabler , firstly I got a litle error  "registery key doesn't exist"  but the patcher worked anyway and now I'm in game and all seem ok, for now ^^

Edited by Lony

Hi dear Sacred 2 fans, I installed the v0160f on a new install of Sacred 2 Gold and all was ok. I've added the nocpubinding and skipopenal, put the Elite texture trimmed on and kept the original physxExt and changed these options as said (not the checkworldpositions 1 and detail_physx 0):

d_gpuSync = 1,

waitForGpuMode = 1,

dxDetect = 1,

enableMobilitySupport = 0,

usePhysHW = 1

I've also tweaked the camera for a big zoom out and the game runs very very smooth, no stuttering, amazing, great job.

One thing is that every time I launch the game and arrive on the main screen, I have to alt+tab because it is non-responsive to left-clicks. Other than that, for now, it seems great. (btw I've reinstalled the game on my Win 7 64-bit partition and installed latest PhysX drivers). The game never ran so smooth. Thank you very much.

Edited by desm
  • Like! 1

addition: one little bug I've just encountered: I've been able to (ctrl?+) right-click a rune (Sinister Predator) 4 times before it vanishes (and of course it increased my SP max level).

Edited by desm
3 hours ago, desm said:

addition: one little bug I've just encountered: I've been able to (ctrl?+) right-click a rune (Sinister Predator) 4 times before it vanishes (and of course it increased my SP max level).

It was probably a stack of runes.

7 hours ago, Lony said:

You don't get me , in first page you said,  "play it with other mod enable" it not recommended since it still a beta test ; so now can we  use other mod along side 1.60 ? Like Enhanced spell ?

No.  Other mods have to be updated for CM Patch 1.60, and that hasn't happened yet.

Hey Desm, are you on Steam by any chance? If you have Steam overlay on try turning it off.

7 hours ago, Lony said:

I just installed 1.60 with the cm enabler , firstly I got a litle error  "registery key doesn't exist"  but the patcher worked anyway and now I'm in game and all seem ok, for now ^^

The installer flags s2gs.exe and sacred2.exe to be ran as administrator via a registry key. The error you got was probably because of that, but you can see for yourself if the option was checked or not. Right click on the exe files, properties, compatibility tab, last option on the bottom of the page.

30 minutes ago, Flix said:

No.  Other mods have to be updated for CM Patch 1.60, and that hasn't happened yet.

Any plan to update them ?

18 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Hey Desm, are you on Steam by any chance? If you have Steam overlay on try turning it off.

The installer flags s2gs.exe and sacred2.exe to be ran as administrator via a registry key. The error you got was probably because of that, but you can see for yourself if the option was checked or not. Right click on the exe files, properties, compatibility tab, last option on the bottom of the page.

I checked and admin compatibilty was not checked, so do I need to check ?

42 minutes ago, Flix said:

It was probably a stack of runes

Yes surely indeed, haven't payed attention to that new feature.

30 minutes ago, Androdion said:

Hey Desm, are you on Steam by any chance?

Hey Androdion, I'm on GOG and the overlay is turned off but it's ok now thanks to having checked the "Run as admin" box for sacred2.exe as proposed. Thanks mate.

1 minute ago, Androdion said:

Glad you made it here. :)

No need for 1.50 installed. If you do have it installed disable it and then enable 1.60 and that's it.

Oh nice! It's you again. lol. Thanks again. :D So excited to try it out. Just finished doing that. Time for some gaming. :)

4 hours ago, Androdion said:

Yes, after final release. ;)

And yeah, check those flags for running as admin. I'm not sure if it's still 100% needed but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Thank you !

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was pinned