Jump to content

Flix

Community Patch 1.60 Beta Test Release

Recommended Posts

Just a quick Thank you.

Lately I was scratching my h&s itch and after playing dozen characters in Torchlight 2, buying Titan Quest 3rd time, trying to enjoy Diablo3 (pretty game, f*cked up difficulty system) I've dusted off my Sacred 2 disks. Large part of the weekend I was trying to run the game (no physXloader.dll for you mortal!). It was pretty much crashing/freezing every n minutes. Mostly in moments it had to load something:) I know that's pretty much all the time, but entering/exiting caves, teleports were the most common. After buying Sacred 2 gold on Steam and applying 1.50+1.60 game crashed 1 (one) time in 7 hours! When I've upgraded axe with smith art, magic pearl and a ring and tried to put in in the equip slot. 

Overall it's huge improvement and mapping Esc to additional quick save is ingenious (but while the game is stable it's not THAT useful).

I found a sound mixing slightly "less juicy" than in original version but Sacred 2 still has the best low health sound out there:)

I'm not a huge fan of black UI background. I believe it needs better (maybe bolder) font. But I don't want to use Torchlight one because it makes the game looks tooney:) 

Right now I'm looking for a more zoom in, but that's camera customization thread is for:). I always wondered why chars in title menu are so small.

 

Sacred 2 for me is a sentimental journey. It was released just after some surgery I've had to go through so I spent most of the months off with he Shadow Warrior guy and Anubis the Temple Guardian. Now I can jump on the same train and thanks to you guys, the travel is enjoyable:) 

  • Like! 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hello, first I'd like to thank everyone who is working on this wonderfull project for one of my favorite game.

Now, im reading on forum that all the mods will need to be updated in order to work with cm 1.60, currently im using surival mod with cm 1.50, any plans on updating Survival Mod, or will the Challenge Mod(the one that comes and is compatible with enchanced spells) replace it, and be part of the new and upcoming Sacred 2 Enchanced Edition? Thanks
 

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, flymar said:

When I've upgraded axe with smith art, magic pearl and a ring and tried to put in in the equip slot.

Very interesting. If you have the time, would you, please, post the crash log for sacred2.exe? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
45 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Very interesting. If you have the time, would you, please, post the crash log for sacred2.exe? 

That was freeze. So no log I'm affraid. Where can I found one if it's created?

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Should be in "Run"->"eventvwr"->Applications.

Still, I wonder, if you could repeat the occurrence. Whether the game would freeze, if you equip a weapon, slotted with a blacksmith art, a damage converter and a ring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Hello to everyone, first post here ;) 

Just a couple of things before you release the final patch:

- High Elf's graphics have some glitch around the neck, look at the attached image.

- Since previous patch 1.50, if you have Bargaining skill it's really easy to find double handed Swordstaff Lightsabers at the merchants, but the possibility to find a single hand Lightsaber seems close to zero. Has anyone else notice the thing? 

- After teleporting to Sloeford from the initial island using the small portal, the city appears empty, without npc for some seconds (see attached image).

 

Thank you and sorry for my broken english.

highelf neck.png

big_0081.png

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
15 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Should be in "Run"->"eventvwr"->Applications.

Still, I wonder, if you could repeat the occurrence. Whether the game would freeze, if you equip a weapon, slotted with a blacksmith art, a damage converter and a ring.

Allright. I'll keep an eye on such situations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
14 minutes ago, autumnblaze said:

- High Elf's graphics have some glitch around the neck, look at the attached image.

:lol:So, the original model was not that well weighted at some places, either, I see.

14 minutes ago, autumnblaze said:

After teleporting to Sloeford from the initial island using the small portal, the city appears empty, without npc for some seconds (see attached image).

You are reporting a behavior, that, for some bizarre reason, no one has ever mentioned before, although it's quite a common one. The game does not activate objects at a new location after teleport from another surface level was performed, until the player moves a bit. Sometimes, that procedure glitches, it can be up to 5 minutes before objects and creatures activate. 

Edited by dimitrius154
  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
1 hour ago, AstralLord said:

Hello, first I'd like to thank everyone who is working on this wonderfull project for one of my favorite game.

Now, im reading on forum that all the mods will need to be updated in order to work with cm 1.60, currently im using surival mod with cm 1.50, any plans on updating Survival Mod, or will the Challenge Mod(the one that comes and is compatible with enchanced spells) replace it, and be part of the new and upcoming Sacred 2 Enchanced Edition? Thanks
 

Hello!  My plan is update all of MY mods, and to expand their scope to make them a one-stop shop (but still somewhat modular).  So the player doesn't have to manage 20 mods and all their compatibility patches and fret about load orders in the Generic Mod Enabler.

Survival Mod is being supplanted by my own Challenge Mode (part of Enhanced Edition forthcoming) or Diablo 2 Fallen's Inferno Edition.  I may update the easy to handle stuff from other authors like Tiny Items or Boss Arena, but that's it.  Wardust's mods, Age of Heroes, Llama Mod, Nude Mod, I will need some serious requests and encouragement from fans, otherwise I'm letting those go.  Those require lots of editing, they're not compatible with anything else, it's just a pain.

Once CM 1.60 is finalized and released, I will lay out a roadmap of where I plan to take Sacred 2 modding from here.  I can't get too far ahead of myself though, as everything depends on using CM 1.60 as a base.

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
48 minutes ago, Flix said:

Hello!  My plan is update all of MY mods, and to expand their scope to make them a one-stop shop (but still somewhat modular).  So the player doesn't have to manage 20 mods and all their compatibility patches and fret about load orders in the Generic Mod Enabler.

Survival Mod is being supplanted by my own Challenge Mode (part of Enhanced Edition forthcoming) or Diablo 2 Fallen's Inferno Edition.  I may update the easy to handle stuff from other authors like Tiny Items or Boss Arena, but that's it.  Wardust's mods, Age of Heroes, Llama Mod, Nude Mod, I will need some serious requests and encouragement from fans, otherwise I'm letting those go.  Those require lots of editing, they're not compatible with anything else, it's just a pain.

Once CM 1.60 is finalized and released, I will lay out a roadmap of where I plan to take Sacred 2 modding from here.  I can't get too far ahead of myself though, as everything depends on using CM 1.60 as a base.

Thank you for replying, I needed to know which mod should I use for higher difficulty, since without any its a bit too easy, reading the info for challenge mod, looks good, looking forward trying it when it becomes available for cm 1.60 along with enchanced spells.

All the best! :)
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

I don't have any problems with forging items at NPC blacksmiths or buying from merchant NPCs.

Pawnzer and Flymar, are your installations of the game recent or have they been in your HDDs for some time now? Sometimes a clean install with nothing but the patch on top makes a big difference. ;)

Other than that only the code wizards can give a proper answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
16 hours ago, flymar said:

Just a quick Thank you.

Lately I was scratching my h&s itch and after playing dozen characters in Torchlight 2, buying Titan Quest 3rd time, trying to enjoy Diablo3 (pretty game, f*cked up difficulty system) I've dusted off my Sacred 2 disks. Large part of the weekend I was trying to run the game (no physXloader.dll for you mortal!). It was pretty much crashing/freezing every n minutes. Mostly in moments it had to load something:) I know that's pretty much all the time, but entering/exiting caves, teleports were the most common. After buying Sacred 2 gold on Steam and applying 1.50+1.60 game crashed 1 (one) time in 7 hours! When I've upgraded axe with smith art, magic pearl and a ring and tried to put in in the equip slot. 

Overall it's huge improvement and mapping Esc to additional quick save is ingenious (but while the game is stable it's not THAT useful).

I found a sound mixing slightly "less juicy" than in original version but Sacred 2 still has the best low health sound out there:)

I'm not a huge fan of black UI background. I believe it needs better (maybe bolder) font. But I don't want to use Torchlight one because it makes the game looks tooney:) 

Right now I'm looking for a more zoom in, but that's camera customization thread is for:). I always wondered why chars in title menu are so small.

 

Sacred 2 for me is a sentimental journey. It was released just after some surgery I've had to go through so I spent most of the months off with he Shadow Warrior guy and Anubis the Temple Guardian. Now I can jump on the same train and thanks to you guys, the travel is enjoyable:) 

Happy meeting you flymar, Sacred's always been sentimental for me as well, ground breaking at the time, huge world, and lots of laughter.  Great that you found your way over to us, welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

 

gpgp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
14 hours ago, AstralLord said:

Hello, first I'd like to thank everyone who is working on this wonderfull project for one of my favorite game.

Now, im reading on forum that all the mods will need to be updated in order to work with cm 1.60, currently im using surival mod with cm 1.50, any plans on updating Survival Mod, or will the Challenge Mod(the one that comes and is compatible with enchanced spells) replace it, and be part of the new and upcoming Sacred 2 Enchanced Edition? Thanks
 

And a hearty welcome as well to you here at DarkMatters, astrallord, enjoy the boards!

:)

 

gogo

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

That's good news) Really good news)

But Russian Community have only one prob)

I tried to install new version yesterday.

We have an old global.res file from old version of CM-Patch v.1.60 (ru_RU CM-Patch 0160beta sign at start gamescreen) - RU_ru folder was in locale folder (we install it with GME)

Pre-final version have only EN_uk folder..

So We use old global.res file and we have old sign on start gamescreen.

Dear Devs:)can you give us new RU_ru global res (without "beta" sign on gamescreen)? Or...any program to change old global.res

Thanks))

1st screen - new patch with old global.res

2nd screen - old version of patch with all languages

3rd screen - new version only with EN_uk folder

20171013165553_1.jpg

Безымянный.jpg

12.jpg

Edited by WallsOfJericho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
 

There should only be one language installed, you shouldn't get all of them in the final patch.

However, the language the patcher chooses should match the language of your game install, which doesn't seem to be the case here.  We'll get it sorted out.

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
2 minutes ago, Flix said:

There should only be one language installed

You mean, if we have rus version - we reveive rus 1.60 & if we have eng - we will receive eng 1.60 after installation?

That's bad...steam version is on eng by default...ok...I'll try another variant of installation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I've checked and the Steam version of Sacred 2 only has five languages available, those being English, German, French, Italian and Spanish. And of those five only English and German are available for voice-over. It seems that with GOG the situation is also the same.

How where you able to have your game running in Russian by the way? I mean, what's the source of all of those languages in the locale folder?

Edited by Androdion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
27 minutes ago, Androdion said:

How where you able to have your game running in Russian by the way? I mean, what's the source of all of those languages in the locale folder?

The CM Beta made for the Mod Enabler just had all the languages included.  What I'm interested to learn is if he had Russian language before.  If he didn't, then just using the Russian folder from the CM Patch wouldn't be enough; it only contains the changed files, not the complete folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
6 hours ago, Androdion said:

I mean, what's the source of all of those languages in the locale folder?

It's well possible, that Steam version localizations are region based and distributions are located on dedicated regional servers.The contents of EN_UK folder vary, while names and, so as it appears, registry values, remain the same.

Edited by dimitrius154

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
21 hours ago, Flix said:

final patch

Flix, tell me please

Will The Enhanced Edition contain Wardust's Serious Textures as optional mod? Ty)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
On 11/29/2017 at 1:06 PM, flymar said:

I'm not a huge fan of black UI background. I believe it needs better (maybe bolder) font. But I don't want to use Torchlight one because it makes the game looks tooney:) 

You can try the Diablo fonts that I have (attached).  Extract the archive into your game's install folder.

You check out this post to see what it looks like.  Obviously not the entire interface will be changed like in those gifs, just the fonts.  :)

Diablo Font.7z

  • Like! 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

I got my 1st crash since long time. Shadow Warrior with his pals got in the fight with group of skeletons. I accuse Win10 update for it 'cause it's definitely changed something in the installation [I see loading screens now and haven't before]

sacred2.exe
2.65.2.0
4be45a9b
mss32.dll
7.2.6.0
49efbdd2
c0000005
00039821
2798
01d36b8809b9ea6b
D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe
D:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\system\mss32.dll
d9a22b66-d336-48e8-8ac6-bc045217454d

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 

Mss32.dll - Miles Sound System. Check the default sound device, driver fault possible, or some kind of software 3D sound emulator is working in your system, causing interference.

Also, add the Sacred 2 directory to the exceptions list of your antivirus, if it's not there already.

Edited by dimitrius154

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.