Community Patch 1.60 Beta Test Release

Well, there shouldn't be an instance of the mod enabler installed inside the mods folder.  If you're running that one, that's probably what the problem is.  Delete that one.  Inside the MODS folder should only be the "CM Patch 1.60 Beta" folder.  Make sure you're running the mod enabler executable that's located in the directory C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold

On second look, it looks like you created an extra folder level.  Please look inside this folder:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\MODS\Community Patch 1.60 Beta

And tell me what folders are directly located in there.

It should be locale, pak, scripts, system

If it's instead "CM Patch 1.60 Beta" then you added an extra folder when you unzipped the archive.  Move the "CM Patch 1.60 Beta" folder so that it's sitting directly in the MODS folder.  

Let me know what the results are.

On 27.10.2017 at 7:49 PM, Ulthwithian said:

Any assistance would be appreciated.

1. Generic Mod Enabler (GME) -> to Sacred 2 Install folder (like F:\Games\Steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold)

2. Run GME.

3. Now You have "MODS" folder (like F:\Games\Steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\MODS)

4. Download CM-Patch v.1.60 archive

5. Extract it to "MODS" folder (like F:\Games\Steam\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\MODS\CM Patch 1.60 Beta)

6. Run GME again (JSGME.exe)

7. Activate "CM Patch 1.60 beta" (from left > to right program window)

P.S. Don't forget about "options.txt"

Thanks, Flix, that did it.  It's now showing 1.6.  I thought it was probably something simple regarding the installation, etc., but I was unsure of what to do that wouldn't perhaps cause other issues.

Thanks so much.

• Like! 1

Hello, I think Kobold Shamans have been changed to shoot their magic attack even when they are in melee range. This makes them shoot their ranged attack quite fast.

Could you check this out, or was this intentional?

By the way, I'm not sure if Skeleton Mages have the same issue, as well...

1 hour ago, mewkang said:

Hello, I think Kobold Shamans have been changed to shoot their magic attack even when they are in melee range. This makes them shoot their ranged attack quite fast.

Could you check this out, or was this intentional?

By the way, I'm not sure if Skeleton Mages have the same issue, as well...

Are these champion enemies or regular ones? Some champions were updated.

On a different note, now magic staves shoot projectiles from the get go when you equip them, so I'm not sure if the same behaviour was passed on to the enemies' behaviour. It's another possibility, Flix will know for sure though.

After playing the 160 patch for quite a few hours I'm very impressed with how everything is working.  It's almost like playing a new game for me!

I do wonder why quest markers sometimes move back and forth on the map when clicked though. But they have always done that.

Keep up the good work!

3 hours ago, MageMaster said:

why quest markers sometimes move back

Agreed. I have such prob too, but it isn't critical)

I can't play Sacred 2 on CM-Patch v.0150. I have instant random crashes....

But now.... I have no words to tell how much I'm loving this remaster)

• Thanks! 1

There seems to be a problem with the Shadow Veil combat art of the Shadow Warior. I used the gold modification Sinister Pact, and now my char stay invisible until I deactivate the buff manually. Even in close combat he stays invisible.

• Thanks! 1
10 minutes ago, Renton60 said:

There seems to be a problem with the Shadow Veil combat art of the Shadow Warior. I used the gold modification Sinister Pact, and now my char stay invisible until I deactivate the buff manually. Even in close combat he stays invisible.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Shadow_Veil

That's the way the Sinister Pact modification works. ;)

PS: It has nothing to do with the CM Patch.

Edited by Androdion
32 minutes ago, Androdion said:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Shadow_Veil

That's the way the Sinister Pact modification works. ;)

PS: It has nothing to do with the CM Patch.

I don't mean fighting with Spectral Hand. In patch 1.50 I cannot hit the enemy with a weapon and stay invisible.

In 1.60 my testchar has level one of shadow veil. And it stays invisible even after castimg a lot of Skeletal Fortifications or direct killing the enemy with a sword.

4 hours ago, Renton60 said:

I don't mean fighting with Spectral Hand. In patch 1.50 I cannot hit the enemy with a weapon and stay invisible.

In 1.60 my testchar has level one of shadow veil. And it stays invisible even after castimg a lot of Skeletal Fortifications or direct killing the enemy with a sword.

Confirmed.  Looking into it.

It's not just Sinister Pact.  Stealth just can't be broken by attacks anymore.

I think Soul Reaver is bugged right now because its attack-boosting effect seems to be permanent, but I'm not quite sure. Let me explain: when I kill mobs my attack value goes up to a certain point, then ends up decreasing for only a bit. In other words, the attack value seems to stay increased in the values of thousands or to a certain point while the buff's original effect of temporary attack and defence boost does work somewhat. What's more, the base attack value (in a high number) seems to keep increasing as I kill more and more mobs with Soul Reaver active. I hope my post can be of help to the Community Patch team.

• Thanks! 1
1 hour ago, mewkang said:

I think Soul Reaver is bugged right now because its attack-boosting effect seems to be permanent

Yes, I think it was. Same reason, as with the Shadow Veil bug. With the last fix values decrease with time to appropriate values, like they should. The Buff FX (the swirling blue animation) still behaves incorrectly, but should be fixable as well.[EDIT] The Buff FX statement was false - it has always been behaving that way, it appears.

Edited by dimitrius154
55 minutes ago, AlexGriffin said:

The exe is in task manager, but I never get a game window

There's a certain annoyance in Win10: the game(both windowed and fullscreen mode) can minimize on launch. The cause is an active Task Manager window.

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was pinned