We are going to lose our Internet soon ... all of it!

Lol

If this happened, 500 million teens would actually look up and see where they are walking to. And they would use their smart phone as a phone probably for the first time ever. I swear my daughters phone is permanently attached to her hands now

Didn't it happened already?

You may or may have not wondered where I have been. A storm damaged the antenna mast for our radio link down to the village. So no we had no internet for some weeks at home. Was very funny, the old citizen band radio was used again to talk to other CB users we didn't know before ;)

No cellular phone and the cable phone was reserved for my wife for medical emergency calls. All in all it wasn't this bad. The house was way fuller than normal because the friends of the kids had to appear to talk and play ;)

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, chattius said:

You may or may have not wondered where I have been. A storm damaged the antenna mast for our radio link down to the village. So no we had no internet for some weeks at home. Was very funny, the old citizen band radio was used again to talk to other CB users we didn't know before ;)

No cellular phone and the cable phone was reserved for my wife for medical emergency calls. All in all it wasn't this bad. The house was way fuller than normal because the friends of the kids had to appear to talk and play ;)

holee molee WONDERFUL seeing you back chattius!! I was thinking to have to find you but happy to hear that you're safe and healthy off from an internet free diet

*gasp*... you must feel awful!

:4rofl:

Cool though how the family house filled up, old school community style 

:heart:

gogo

Also realized Chattius, your net was lost when we upgraded everything here at Darkmatters, hope you're navigating is going okay, the view new post buttons have been replaced with one button at the top right ( All Activity)  and the What's new at the top left...

top right button  you can choose your filters to make it so that you get a view that is closes to what we had on last forum and you can also rename it, just remember to save choices after and it will replicate way last forum worked.  Left butt, What's New is super granular and will give you a feed of EVERYTHING that's happened in forum, going backwards etc... 

:)

gogo

13 hours ago, chattius said:

Oh god, the horror!! No internet!!!

Hehe...I think I might struggle without internet for that long, but maybe not as badly as my initial reaction would suggest. Not at least for the first day or two.

• Haha 1

I actually have a box of condles and a few lighters in it.  Used to smoke for years during the original Sacred years, and all thats behind me now WOOT  *bounce*  If it were warm enough, I could probably hunker down and catch up wth a few thousand books

:D

gogo

• 2 weeks later...

If I lost internet for a week or two, that would be fine with me.  Besides, there are other things one can do on electronic devices besides browse the Internet.  If it was for an extended period of time, though...

:nono: