So hey guys, I recently installed sacred 2 because I played both  1 and 2 and it was, like the best gaming memories in life and since there is no real open world rpg that is better than Sacred 2, I ask you guys is it possible to play on some kind of opened server like it was back in the Sacred times?

Indeed, if not

how is it possible that this awesome game that could easily beat the FECAL MATTER! out of both diablo 3 ( im an active D3 player but this is true) and path of exile is not recovered? Im like 100% sure that if it was, with some patches and stuff, people would choose sacred 2 instead of these games, because holy hell, the world, the freedom in sacred 2 and all the things and its so underrated it makes me sad its "dead" if it is, :) so im really happy I found this fan page

• Like! 1

Hi Fury, firstly, welcome to the forums :)

Now, to answer your question; while technically it is possible to play Sacred 2 in multiplayer still, it requires services like tunngle to create a virtual LAN over the internet with other players. There has been some mention of users doing just that here in the past, but it was never something as popular as when the Ascaron / Deep Silver servers were online. Unfortunately, from a multiplayer perspective, for all intents and purposes this game is dead with only the CM patch, Diablo Fallen mod and other work done by the great modders who post here still generating interest for those satisfied in playing the game in singleplayer.

• Like! 1
14 hours ago, Fury69 said:

So hey guys, I recently installed sacred 2 because I played both  1 and 2 and it was, like the best gaming memories in life and since there is no real open world rpg that is better than Sacred 2, I ask you guys is it possible to play on some kind of opened server like it was back in the Sacred times?

Indeed, if not

how is it possible that this awesome game that could easily beat the FECAL MATTER! out of both diablo 3 ( im an active D3 player but this is true) and path of exile is not recovered? Im like 100% sure that if it was, with some patches and stuff, people would choose sacred 2 instead of these games, because holy hell, the world, the freedom in sacred 2 and all the things and its so underrated it makes me sad its "dead" if it is, :) so im really happy I found this fan page

Hi, Fury69!  Welcome to DarkMatters!  You'll love it here.

Yeah, it's really sad that Sacred isn't more popular than it is... but I'm glad we have this community.  It doesn't look like DarkMatters is going to end anytime soon, so there'll always be a Sacred 2 community on the web.

Anyway, if people would just give Sacred 2 a chance, I'm sure they'd love it :)

• Like! 1
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, SlaserX said:

It's just too bad no one has ascaron/DS's server software :( It would be trivial to bring up a new pub server.

That would be insanely cool... easy to use private servers for the fans?

welcome to Darkmatters slaserX !

?

Gogo

Hah I'm not exactly new. It's just been a while since I was around. I randomly bumped into r00ster on Path of Exile and thought I'd go play some Sacred 2 while I wait for the new league, but thank you :)

• Like! 1