Trimmed Elite Textures

Unfortunately it seems Google had cut off my download when I got back to it, Google has done this with quite a few downloads and refuses any kind of download resuming.

I tried to extract anyway and the last file "graphics24.zip" was the damaged portion.

So I tried getting graphics24.zip from Anathriel's download links but unfortunately it seems the graphics24.zip file was damaged before uploading as both the Google and Mega links gave the same file (MD5=2FCF765E7DDE8B74AD644035344BC058) and can't extract the files..

hq\maps\weapons\2h\l_axt2h-b1_n.dds
hq\maps\weapons\2h\l_hammer2h-c1_n.dds

Would someone happen to have a link for an undamaged graphics24.zip, or even willing to upload those two damaged .dds files from within it so I can make a new working archive, as my internet is slow and would take a long time trying to download the full archive again and might even end up with Google cutting it off yet again. Would really appreciate either, thanks.

Also a suggestion when using hosting sites that don't show the file hash it's a good idea to provide it, that way it's easy to find out if the file has been damaged during download or upload. Something like ModDB is a good example as it's very reliable and provides file hashes and would make it easier for more people to find such nice things for their games which is always a good thing for keeping old games alive.

Edited by Sacroo

Hi Sacroo, sorry, that my provided file is broken, I'll see, whether I can re-upload them. Until then, here you'll have your requested files:

l_axt2h-b1_n.dds: https://mega.nz/#!494ERYbD!ENkwgi80fpc5JHaJqfdhxWw9biq0JjrFApy9wCIQfec or https://drive.google.com/file/d/1h0MGik9ttGCIdhLprFwMdZLlR9_Y12OM/view?usp=sharing
l_hammer2h-c1_n.dds: https://mega.nz/#!E54AnYZJ!TALhgGFqW99nSxVtwH0C4Fvw_aRX3gsLnGWAb840Nlw or https://drive.google.com/open?id=1KPI_H3siDLwPgygmuLH6fQnlXRkLJrAH

Hope, that works now! :)

Thanks Anathriel, appreciate it.

I tried the first Google link again and after a couple of hours it cut me off again, Google seems like a really bad host for larger files, at least for people who don't have fast connections.

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 1:29 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Back when original Sacred 2 Fallen Angel was released, a set of high-resolution textures was separately sold, dubbed "Elite Textures". It added extra detail to many items, NPCs, monsters, landscapes, architecture and misc. objects in the game. It also added, sometimes unbearable, lags in crowded places, like cities.

The mechanics of said lags is as follows: when "Default" texture option is on, the RAM cache assigned to the game is 210MB by default, when "Elite" texture option is on the RAM cache assigned is 420MB maximum. Yet every large town contains enough units, using hi-res textures from the package, that actual RAM usage shoot up to 465MB. The game's memory manager start returning it to the limit value, it overflows again, the memory manager optimizes it again, ad infinitum. All this causes constant heavy HDD I/O load, causing incessant lags.

An attempt has been made to remedy that situation - hi-res normal maps(the true reason behind the problem) have been selectively cut out. Judging by the feedback, the outcome was positive.

Therefore:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5yMxfzmPZ4_R2J2eFZxc2wzeGc

Back up original graphics20 - graphics24.zip, then paste zips from the archive to the pak folder of the game(alternatively, use Generic Mod Enabler).

Hi Dimitri

I just installed the Steam version of the game and also run the CM Patch 1.60.

I checked the pak folder. I only have Graphics01 - Graphics19 and Graphics25.

So I cant backup the original Graphics20 - Graphics24 file because its not there.

Shall I just copy the new Graphics20 - Graphics24 file to the PAK folder?

Is this correct?

In short, yes.

Longer answer is that there's an oficial ISO file which installs graphics20-24, hence the talk about backing up and replacing them. In the absence of the "original ones" you can just place the new "trimmed ones" in the PAK folder and the game will recognise them.

7 hours ago, James7830 said:

Shall I just copy the new Graphics20 - Graphics24 file to the PAK folder?

Is this correct?

Greetings!

Right, the game code checks for presence of graphics%d 20 - 24 in the "pak" folder as the condition for "Elite" texture option availability in the game's graphics menu options.  

• 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...

muchas gracias por subir lo aunque yo había descargado graphics 20, 21, 22,23 solo necesitaba era el 24 pero si usted subio los originales estoy agradecido lo descargare

( Большое спасибо за загрузку, хотя я загрузил графику 20, 21, 22,23, мне нужно было только 24, но если вы загрузили оригиналы, я благодарен, я скачаю это )

( Thank you very much for uploading it, although I had downloaded graphics 20, 21, 22,23 I only needed it was 24 but if you uploaded the originals I am grateful I will download it )

1 hour ago, Rexur said:

muchas gracias por subir lo aunque yo había descargado graphics 20, 21, 22,23 solo necesitaba era el 24 pero si usted subio los originales estoy agradecido lo descargare

( Большое спасибо за загрузку, хотя я загрузил графику 20, 21, 22,23, мне нужно было только 24, но если вы загрузили оригиналы, я благодарен, я скачаю это )

( Thank you very much for uploading it, although I had downloaded graphics 20, 21, 22,23 I only needed it was 24 but if you uploaded the originals I am grateful I will download it )

Just here to offer you a hearty welcome to the forums Rexur... awesome to see you're having as much enjoyment with Dimitrius' as his many fans !

:bounce:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 7 months later...
14 hours ago, Sarifalis said:

Usually Maelstrom is see-through, but not with the Elite textures.

An unfortunate side effect of some peculiar dds misinterpretaion by photoshop. Remove graphics24.zip\hq\maps\spells\mahlstrom\t_dm-mahlstrom_do.dds.

• Thanks! 1
11 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

An unfortunate side effect of some peculiar dds misinterpretaion by photoshop. Remove graphics24.zip\hq\maps\spells\mahlstrom\t_dm-mahlstrom_do.dds.

Thank you very much, that helped me.:thumbsup:

• 5 months later...
On 8/16/2020 at 10:18 PM, dimitrius154 said:

The original archive has always been hosted on Google Disk(https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5yMxfzmPZ4_R2J2eFZxc2wzeGc/view?usp=sharing), all Elite Texture zip files present. 

Thanks for the link, the original drive link at the first page of this forum post is stuck at "please request access to this file" 
However it seems like some user called "Golden Girl" also hosts the files as 2.8 gb .zip on the German fan site Sacred-Legends .de ;
had already started said Download before I got to see your original archive file link.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/20/2021 at 8:10 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Google is playing tricks. Should be fine now.

Hi dimitrius!

Can this file be directly uploaded here to DarkMatters? Will this  help?

😍

gogo

I've also had issues recently with Google Drive, which I use to host the D2F music mod.  I get email requests all the time to "allow access" which I don't understand since I already updated the links as Google instructed.  In next release of D2F I shall upload the music portion to the NexusMods network along with the main mod.

@dimitrius154 Shall I upload the Elite Textures Trimmed to the Sacred 2 Nexus, since it seems to be in a finalized state?

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Also some alterations.

Is this going to become linked to the Addendum then?  It will be nice to maintain an all-purpose pack for those who might not have any particular mods installed.