Trimmed Elite Textures

9 hours ago, Owl said:

Will this work without Elite Textures?

Dmitriy said

"Technically, it should be enough to have the graphics20 - graphics24.zip in the pak folder. The game scans these archives, detects the "hq" folders and the "Elite" texture option becomes visible."

13 hours ago, WallsOfJericho said:

Dmitriy said

"Technically, it should be enough to have the graphics20 - graphics24.zip in the pak folder. The game scans these archives, detects the "hq" folders and the "Elite" texture option becomes visible."

Thanks.

• 2 months later...

Большое спасибо, удивительно, что люди до сих пор работают над этой старушкой)

To Russian non-speakers : I have  just expressed my thanks, nothing intriguing))

• Like! 1
20 minutes ago, lacr said:

To Russian non-speakers : I have  just expressed my thanks, nothing intriguing))

^ "Thank you very much, I'm surprised that people are still working on this old lady."

Но эта дама бессмертна и прекрасна, уважаемый господин. (But this lady is immortal and beautiful, dear sir.)

8 hours ago, lacr said:

Thanks for posting your translation, lacr

and great having you here on the the glorious boards of Sacred

Welcome to DarkMatters!

:)

gogo

On 12/12/2017 at 3:18 PM, gogoblender said:

Thanks for posting your translation, lacr

and great having you here on the the glorious boards of Sacred

Welcome to DarkMatters!

gogo

Thanks, but, sadly, it's crashing broads for me : I have only started to play this game and I've already a memory of about 7 freezes in Thylysium and 2 in Artamark's Gate port.

Good news, with these trimmed textures(blessed be  it's creator) I am able to play comfortably without those constant pesky stutterings and not intended to turn elite textures off from now on!

I've created for testing purposed a new shadow warrior character and played for about 6 hours so far. No crashes at all. Surely, he has not reached Thylysium as of yet - well a gim future for the gim warrior, I guess)

Anyways, glad to make your acquaintance! As I see, this game requires some tweaking, and I hope to find help here in the future, cheers!

• Like! 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Joogie said:

hi flo,

link funktioniert aber

registrierung bei mega nicht - erhalte keine aktivierungs e-mail ...

dann noch eine private frage ...

gruz joogie

Hi Joogie, welcome to DarkMatters!

I've translated your post so that our community can share it

link works but registration at mega not - do not receive an activation e-mail ... then a private question ..

gogo

4 hours ago, Joogie said:

registrierung bei mega nicht - erhalte keine aktivierungs e-mail ...

Since I'm in no way affiliated with mega, I can't help you there.

I'm sorry that this doesn't work as I thought, but now I'm all out of options.

Is there way to encrease range at wich textures of some objects become blurry due to dynamic scaling? or it just is due to game engine memory limit?

Example - ice&blood main menu tower, wich is actually detailed. You can see it after alt-+tab to game window. Suddenly texture become blurry, as seen below behind Carrier Imp:

Spoiler

5a5de6de31be7_Sacred2Screenshot2018_01.16-13_45_12_88.thumb.png.7bc6ebadf706db99efff3b543ff177bc.png5a5de6e8e5d73_Sacred2Screenshot2018_01.16-13_45_42_57.thumb.png.b6af4ce80f0353fdd47ae64cadd65482.png

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for the uploads, for me from the mega.nz link I got a corrupt graphics21.zip, so I downloaded the files from the Google docs link and ... well, there the graphics22.zip was corrupt :o - so in total, I got it to work with both downloads, but maybe there's a better way? I can try upload the files seperately at mega or/and google drive, if wanted. And btw I didn't need a login for mega.nz to download the file.

For my part: go ahead, do whatever you like. I just wanted to help Joogie, so I uploaded those files. Didn't check either, so it's of course possible something went wrong. One would think they check for that, especially on mega with their annoying interface, but it seems they don't.

Anyways, I'm not going to maintain my files, so they're going to expire one day. In light of this, another mirror won't hurt, I think. You could ask @Flix (I think) if it's alright, but I didn't either. My bad.

Best thing to do in case of a direct upload is to unpack the Trimmed Elite Textures zip and upload the five graphic.zip files separately, no matter the means used to share it. Splitting it even ways between contiguous files if you will. But if there's a corrupt zip in the Google Drive link it's probably better to notify Flix anyway. Maybe it's possible to host the same file somewhere else, like Sacred Legends or something. I've got no idea about the bandwidth there but I know they are hosting the CM Patch so it's worth a shot.

• 2 weeks later...