Blade Runner 2049

I'm really not a fan of reading reviews, much prefer to go into media these days with no expectations, and no fore-glimpses...but a few lines from a review done locally caught my eye and it's last few lines made my heart beat so excitedly ...  "blah blah blah good, blah blah blah, unforgettable... blah blah blah , watch this movie in the most biggest, expensive theather you can find... “

And so we did

This last Saturday was one of the most memorable movie experiences I've yet to experience in a theater... chalk it up to the THX, a three story tall massive IMAX and the loud, enveloping, thunderous boom sound that shaked my seat, bones and sweater everytime that Hans Zimmer score would play, as well as to the delightful, muted clicks of Ridley Scott style sonic  treats (Hello, Alien et al! :bounce: )... this was the movie I'd been waiting to see for years. 

Even though I'd never actually gotten to see Blade Runner in the theater, my later repeated viewings of it had etched into both my heart and mind a tenebrous vision of a spooky, rainy world, full of the latest tech and the deepest of terrors.  

I dont want to give away spoilers, (who knows maybe we'll chat it up with this new spoiler functionality we now have on forum if anyone here watches it ? :D ) But this movie still has me excited, and when it ended almost THREE HOURS later ( that was a lot of pop that had to be drunk) it was in a mesmerized state of being, feeling still attached to this sensiitive very tactile world that Denix Vileneuve (Hello Sicario and Prisoners!) had put together in such sumptuous and lavish fashion, that I felt myself not wanting to leave and still reeling over from the assault on senses and needing to process.  It's funny how this addition to a piece of work done more than 25 years ago has been released with so much more class, sympathy stellar vision that any other reboot, remake than I've seen yet from anything like Star Wars.  And while I'm often loathe to see Harrisson Ford act these days, he was directed so well that I couldn't help but empathize with his plight over all these years...

Recoemmended viewing?

Hell yes

:gogo:

gogo