Diablo 2 Fallen Classes: The Sorceress

Flix

@Flix Thank you for this wonderful mod. I searched for something to shorten the wait for D2 Resurrected and this is more than that. 

Sometimes I have the problem that when I load the game that when I click on the ground my toon doesnt do anything. Another time it was that when I click on a item in the inventory nothing happens (cant take it), that happened out of nowhere after 1hour or so playing. I had to load new and then these problems were gone. Any idea?

And to be on topic. At first I tried ice and fire sorc. But I was a little disappointed by the skills. Blizzard doesnt hit a thing. Meteor has a warm up I can make a coffe in :). Only ice nova I could work with. BUT I have an absolute blast with the arcane spells. I built Lightning for Area of Effect (4 chains), when they come close Nova and for single targets I mod Telekinesis this way. That works like a charm.

• Like! 1
  • 1 year later...

Oh boy, that is on another level! Inferno looks like TG Furious Emblazer VFX? And nova casting like FX_FROSTSCHOCK_C? But nova spell FX, never seen this before (though it maybe has already been in the previous version, never played d2f sorceress before). Like a modded version of FX_ENEMY_TENERGY_EXPLOSION? Or smth completely different?

And the Arachnus Mechanica design, Dmitriy being a model&texture god again! I mean look at the visor. Wish I could design that well haha.

Really cool!

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Inferno looks like TG Furious Emblazer VFX?

Yep, with changes to the particle scripts to change the emission rate and make the flame jet much longer.

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

And nova casting like FX_FROSTSCHOCK_C

Yep, I wouldn't have even known about this one but I kept going back to your threads countless times for references.  There's no SFX but the main spell has its own SFX that suits it just fine.

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

Like a modded version of FX_ENEMY_TENERGY_EXPLOSION? Or smth completely different?

This is actually just the stock standard Flaring Nova (FX_SE_SCHOCKWELLE) with new SFX.  Without PhysX it's just a blue ring on the ground, but PhysX adds that nice "crystal donut."

1 hour ago, Lindor said:

And the Arachnus Mechanica design, Dmitriy being a model&texture god again! I mean look at the visor.

There's so much more monsters and item models he contributed to this next release. It's mind boggling the sheer amount of improvements he made to D2F models, not to mention lots of new ones.  I'll be posting about them in the Creatures thread.

• Like! 1
16 hours ago, Flix said:

There's so much more monsters and item models he contributed to this next release. It's mind boggling the sheer amount of improvements he made to D2F models, not to mention lots of new ones.  I'll be posting about them in the Creatures thread.

Can't wait to use his models and make my dryads summon an army of jungle creatures :D

16 hours ago, Flix said:

I wouldn't have even known about this one but I kept going back to your threads countless times for references.

yee I really should keep working on the big list you've sent me to include them in the threads, shouldn't I? Just sad that I haven't been quick enough to do it before you started working on the next d2f release. Well, at least the's room for more content on the second next release ^^

16 hours ago, Flix said:

This is actually just the stock standard Flaring Nova (FX_SE_SCHOCKWELLE) with new SFX.  Without PhysX it's just a blue ring on the ground, but PhysX adds that nice "crystal donut."

Ahh I see, I wasn't aware of that :3lmao:

2 hours ago, Lindor said:

yee I really should keep working on the big list you've sent me to include them in the threads, shouldn't I? Just sad that I haven't been quick enough to do it before you started working on the next d2f release. Well, at least the's room for more content on the second next release

It's fine, once I exported the list from the dll I went through and tested them all myself.  There were some good results in there.

On 6/10/2022 at 10:59 AM, Lindor said:

Ah perfect. One question if I'm allowed: Do you remember having seen the icy skull explosion on-death FX from the crystal region's creatures?

I have no recollection of that.  Bear in mind a lot of tests had no visual results, likely due to the fact that I generally only a tested a couple spellclasses (generally I tried all FX as a buff/casting and a fireball/casting).

I'd like to share something my friend Pesmontis sent me today.  Seems he's been working on the same thing, although his emphasis is on which FX could be attached to models like weapons.  He made an extensive list with notes based on the exported FX list from the dll file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12a3h9DxEwO_S7fzDMo79VLFBoWu0LArj/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=115434481639991783774&rtpof=true&sd=true

• Like! 1
On 6/13/2022 at 4:59 AM, Flix said:

have no recollection of that.  Bear in mind a lot of tests had no visual results, likely due to the fact that I generally only a tested a couple spellclasses (generally I tried all FX as a buff/casting and a fireball/casting).

I found it, it's FX_GEN_FRAG_CRYSTAL. Now you know what I'm doing atm :D

Bear in mind a lot of tests had no visual results, likely due to the fact that I generally only a tested a couple spellclasses (generally I tried all FX as a buff/casting and a fireball/casting).

I haven't found any FX yet which don't work with spellclass "cSpellHeFeuerball", though one has to keep in mind that some spells produce false negatives (I am yet to find out why, might be hardcoded into aspect+sorting_rank or into spell name) and some FX only work with a target. Also one should preserve the originall fireball spell's other attributes like EiStateName etc, only differing in name, FX, aspect and sorting rank.

I'd like to share something my friend Pesmontis sent me today.  Seems he's been working on the same thing, although his emphasis is on which FX could be attached to models like weapons.  He made an extensive list with notes based on the exported FX list from the dll file.

Impressive indeed, might be possible to merge his findings into the notes of my FX list, though such a mssive project will be delayed for after I've finished my mod's beta.

• Like! 1
  • 4 months later...

Question on Sorceress Cold Nova modifications,

does the silver mod 'Glacial' only increase the direct/on hit ice spell damage or also the ice damage over time? I put on a few rings with +% cold damage and that appeared to increase the ice DoT damage so I was wondering if the mod would do the same but I'm not sure anymore after taking it.

Cheers

• Like! 1
  • 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 11:05 PM, ameaeth said:

Question on Sorceress Cold Nova modifications,

does the silver mod 'Glacial' only increase the direct/on hit ice spell damage or also the ice damage over time? I put on a few rings with +% cold damage and that appeared to increase the ice DoT damage so I was wondering if the mod would do the same but I'm not sure anymore after taking it.

Cheers

Uhhh quoting myself :blush2: Does anyone know or test this by chance? Or is there a way to read this information out of the spells.txt?