I am sadly disappointed in DarkMatters !

What happened to the Halloween theme this year?  :pump:

I feel totally let down this year and am so sad at the loss of what I always thought was a wonderful tradition on this forum. :dntknw: I especially thought that THIS forum would remember Halloween since it is DARKMATTERS :diablo:

I expect better than this for the Christmas period  :christmastree:  or else I shall have to become Ebeneezer Scrooge and label every thread as total Humbug!

23 minutes ago, podgie_bear said:

What happened to the Halloween theme this year?  :pump:

I feel totally let down this year and am so sad at the loss of what I always thought was a wonderful tradition on this forum. :dntknw: I especially thought that THIS forum would remember Halloween since it is DARKMATTERS :diablo:

I expect better than this for the Christmas period  :christmastree:  or else I shall have to become Ebeneezer Scrooge and label every thread as total Humbug!

noooooooooooooo, you're right! So sorry Podgie... I just realized that we'd actually had a discusson to get a new skin for the forum as our old ones dont work anymore with the new update.  Old forum had the sesaonal skins that we'd purchased from the creators, but we're at the beginning again with this new updates.  

Promise to have something up for Christmas and when I get back from work, we'll have a look at available skins and see if something is avaiable that meets Schot's standards for our inner Ghoulie Whoulies!

:hugs:

gogo

7 hours ago, gogoblender said:

noooooooooooooo, you're right! So sorry Podgie... I just realized that we'd actually had a discusson to get a new skin for the forum as our old ones dont work anymore with the new update.  Old forum had the sesaonal skins that we'd purchased from the creators, but we're at the beginning again with this new updates.  

Promise to have something up for Christmas and when I get back from work, we'll have a look at available skins and see if something is avaiable that meets Schot's standards for our inner Ghoulie Whoulies!

gogo

Baaa Humbug!

• Like! 1
18 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

Baaa Humbug!

It looks like we're going to be a little late with this years pumpking festivities, I'm a little heart broken because we love having the forum festive, but it just slipped our minds this year.  Our sincere apologies to everyone who keeps coming here and is nothing less than our family

now... here comes Christmas!

:heart:

gogo

Oh dear Gogo, that backdrop is it? That is pretty sad after what we had before. I assume that it is because it was a "rush job" to get a Halloween theme going. Will the Christmas one be any better?

Edited by podgie_bear
  • Like! 1

+++ PUBLIC + SERVICE + ANNOUNCEMENT +++

Ladies, gentlemen and other denizens of Dark Matters!

It would seem that we have a rather cranky

bear-cranky.jpg

bear on our hands. For now, we haven't been able to exactly determine the cause of this state. It might have something to do with his stuffing, 

bear-stuffing.jpg

since everything else seems to be absent already. However, investigations are ongoing.

Dear Mr. Podgie Bear, it might help a lot with your sewing

bear-sewing.jpg

if you weren't as drunk

bear-drunk.jpg

all the time. Say no to drugs!

+ THANK + YOU + FOR + YOUR + ATTENTION +

You may now continue with your regular program.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

Alright it's already November, but screw it, I'm busting out the Halloween costume.

Excellent! 

I figger we can use tis background least till mid november?

And...thanks for getting in the spirit, I then don the apparel as well

:pump:

gogo

7 hours ago, lujate said:

The old forum software, I didn't get themes on mobile so I'm pysch'd for the theme we got.

I've noticed how good the themes now look on mobile

do you mostly read DarkMatters on mobile?

:)

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

I've noticed how good the themes now look on mobile

do you mostly read DarkMatters on mobile?

:)

gogo

Yes, I'm virtually always here on mobile.

• Like! 1

I mostly use my laptop, but sometimes my mobile... have links for them so that I can easily access it and have it saved on auto open pages...

• Like! 1
17 hours ago, Schot said:

Sorry for the missing theme this year.  Our forum software, IPB, went through major code changes and the theme designers out on the net are having a hard time keeping up.  The designer we always buy the halloween theme from is going through life troubles which means she's practically awol.  Normally we would have bought the Halloween theme months in advance but sadly it just wasn't possible.  We love it as much as you do podgie!  One of her co-designers did make their own Halloween theme.  Me and gogo were juuuust about to buy it.  And then I discovered all kinds of unfinished areas of the theme in their sample shop.  So we had to pass on it.  As for anywhere else.  No one is making seasonal theme's for ipb 4.2 yet. 

Hopefully next Halloween they'll have our fave theme ready.  Until then, at least we know the xmas theme is ready.  :)

oooh, your avatar's got your Halloween teeth in... ^^

:spider:

gogo