Sacred 2 DLC can’t install due to .dll files that can’t be deleted

Ey guys! 

New to this forum. I recently bought both Sacred 2 and the Ice & Blood dlc, but I can’t install the dlc. An error keeps popping up saying it “can’t delete various .dll files”. My Sacred game is patched up to version 2.40 and runs perfectly, I just can’t install the dlc. Please help! I really want to play the game!

Edited by Aedan
I’ve been playing around with it and seems like the dlc files can’t replace the base game files for some odd reason. Both the base game .dlls and the .exe.

You bought them separately?  I didn't even know they sold them like that anymore.  Ice & Blood expansion can only be installed on the UK version of Sacred 2.

If you're getting it through a digital vendor it should be Sacred 2 Gold with the expansion already installed.

I bought the disc versions for both Sacred 2 and I&B. Saw them marked down at a ridiculous price and had to get them. I’ve been playing Sacred 2 for about a week now and I’m in love with it! 

• Like! 1
3 hours ago, Aedan said:

I bought the disc versions for both Sacred 2 and I&B. Saw them marked down at a ridiculous price and had to get them. I’ve been playing Sacred 2 for about a week now and I’m in love with it! 

It’s a brilliant game, Happy you found it and us, though I had thought as well the two cane together for recent purchasing.. super cheap on steam and gog

welcome to DarkMatters!

?

gogo

Thanks lujate! I also saw the 2.43 patch after posting this. My copy of I&B said I needed Sacred 2 to be at least at v 2.40 before I can install the dlc. But I’ve updated it to 2.43 and still no luck. Going to try and tweak the folder it installs to, maybe that’ll work. Thanks Androdion for the tip.? 

I’m so surprised to see the speedy feedback on this site and the game.! Good to know this amazing game hasn’t been forgotten!!!?✌???

• Like! 1

Thanks lujate! I also saw the 2.43 patch after posting this. My copy of I&B said I needed Sacred 2 to be at least at v 2.40 before I can install the dlc. But I’ve updated it to 2.43 and still no luck. Going to try and tweak the folder it installs to, maybe that’ll work. Thanks Androdion for the tip.? 

I’m so surprised to see the speedy feedback on this site and the game.! Good to know this amazing game hasn’t been forgotten!!!?✌???

Ey guys! 

Finally got the damn thing to work! I installed the game in a different directory. (Thanks Androdian)! So it’s updated and I’m going to withdraw myself from society for a couple of weeks! ✌???

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, Aedan said:

Loving reading about your great time with the game, the work the modding team has put in with the update has been non stop... happy you found us Aedan, welcome to DarkMatters!
:)

gogo