The new FireFox ... so fast?!!

gogoblender

Thanks gogo     Did you run the ookla test?      The new Firefox  54 Mbps and Google 65 Mbps    :starwars:      

The new FF sounds like it has some nice new features tho...    Plus, when my cable co came out to fix their broken modem, they charged me $45 for using Google instead of FF.   Said that's why their lines were so slow.   :nono:

• Like! 1
37 minutes ago, purringcat said:

Thanks gogo     Did you run the ookla test?      The new Firefox  54 Mbps and Google 65 Mbps    :starwars:      

The new FF sounds like it has some nice new features tho...    Plus, when my cable co came out to fix their broken modem, they charged me $45 for using Google instead of FF.   Said that's why their lines were so slow.   :nono:

Sounds like they saw you coming ... If it were me, I'd complain up the line to their bosses. The speed of software on your computer has no effect on the speed bits travel down the line to your computer.

BTW, I use FF all the time and have noticed a small speed increase with the new version. Trouble is, everything is different now. :( Things don't work the way I want them to or don't work at all.

• Like! 1
51 minutes ago, purringcat said:

I haven't yet...but I have noticed that for sites like DarkMaters, wiki and other forums, the rendering is different..."seems" faster but I dont have specific personal numbers yet... am just putting in all my book marks to see how I like the feel...LOVE how FF allows us to choose to instantly change to the window of whatever tab I open up by depressing the mouse wheel...one of my absolute favorite browser tricks of all time

:)

gogo

• Like! 1
12 minutes ago, Spock said:

Sounds like they saw you coming ... If it were me, I'd complain up the line to their bosses. The speed of software on your computer has no effect on the speed bits travel down the line to your computer.

BTW, I use FF all the time and have noticed a small speed increase with the new version. Trouble is, everything is different now. :( Things don't work the way I want them to or don't work at all.

It's certainly different from when I remebered it as well.. Schot has never switched (sold as he crows :P) out to google... for a developer like him, the FF tools are indespensible

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

I haven't yet...but I have noticed that for sites like DarkMaters, wiki and other forums, the rendering is different..."seems" faster but I dont have specific personal numbers yet... am just putting in all my book marks to see how I like the feel...LOVE how FF allows us to choose to instantly change to the window of whatever tab I open up by depressing the mouse wheel...one of my absolute favorite browser tricks of all time

gogo

Oooooooo   I didn't know that trick.    tks  :drool:

FF doesn't have that delay that Chrome has before jumping to a new topic.   It does seem faster.

Edited by purringcat
add stuff
17 minutes ago, Flix said:

The update broke all my add-ons and extensions.  Spent a full day trying to figure out best way to downgrade before giving up.

oh, no... are you able to use FF at all now?

:o

gogo

ps.s. did you have tab manager add on (asks Schot )

2 hours ago, Augmint said:

Thanks for the heads up gogo. I might give it a try. My PC and O/S is kinda archaic though. 

Mine's suffering as well...but... this Friday  is Black Friday...gird up get ready folks!!

:dance:

gogo