Does the Community Patch Disable Physx?

I don't know if this is a bug or a "feature," otherwise I'd submit it as a bug report.  With the community patch installed, my game works great.  Runs well, never crashes. . . and all the awesome phys-x leaves and pebbles are gone, despite phys-x being checked as on in my options.  I've googled it and haven't found an answer.  Is the community patch supposed to disable PhysX?  If it does, why?  And can I re-enable phys-x somehow without throwing out the rest of the patch?

To be clear I'm using CM patch 1.6 beta.  With 1.6 disabled, just using 1.5, the phys-x works perfectly.  But as soon as I use the mod enabler to activate 1.6, the phys-x and all its related particles vanish as if they were never there.  It really kind of sucks, because I had memory related crashing every 10 minutes with vanilla and/or 1.5.  With 1.6 Ive been playing for days with full Elite textures enabled, everything maxed, and not a single crash.  I can't really go back to unplayable crashing.

Edited by Aegrus
  • Like! 1

Hey, thanks for testing the 1.6 beta.

Yes, the swirling trash on the ground is removed, a change we implemented about a month ago.  You can read about it the beta patch thread.

It's no coincidence that there's better stability and performance now because of that.  PhysX is not disabled, just trimmed to remove the junk that caused problems.   All other environmental and spell fx PhysX particles are still present in the game.

• Like! 1

Thanks for replying.  I'm sure removing it does improve performance and stability, and thanks for developing the patch, it's really improved the game a lot, but Id like to test how my game works with the leaves and stuff enabled.  Is there a way I can re-enable it?  If it crashes for me I can always revert the change.

There's a file in the PAK directory called physxExt. The vanilla version is around 10MB and contains all the leaves and stuff, and that file is replaced in 1.60 with one that's around 60 KB in size. You can just manually replace the file with the original one and see the results for yourself.

I reverted that file back to vanilla and tested it for 7+ hours, LAN game with my brother (who reverted it to vanilla too), played through a significant portion of the Ice and Blood expansion areas and ran from one side of the core game to the other.  Teleported all over the map too.  No crashes in that time, so I'd say it works for me.  Thanks friend.

Glad to hear that. What did you and your brother think of the differences in frame rate between the vanilla physxExt and the 1.60 version? I remember that there was a big difference in the fluidity of the graphic engine (and I run it with a GTX 960). Tell us more about your experience please.

• 2 months later...
On 24.11.2017 at 1:17 PM, Aegrus said:

I reverted that file back to vanilla and tested it for 7+ hours, LAN game with my brother (who reverted it to vanilla too), played through a significant portion of the Ice and Blood expansion areas and ran from one side of the core game to the other.  Teleported all over the map too.  No crashes in that time, so I'd say it works for me.  Thanks friend.

How can I do that ı find the file but should ı delete or ............. Edit:  O never mind I did it :)

Edited by Atanamir
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, atreuscurse said:

If you're using Steam, it should be here by default

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Sacred 2 Gold\pak

Thanks for helping out on the boards

and a hearty welcome to DarkMatters!
:)

gogo

• 1 year later...

Hallo bei mir hat alles gekalbt.

Danke für denn Typ mag die Blätter rumfliegen.

Steam Secred 2 Gold + cm1.6 + alte physxExt + Auflösung 3000*2000.

Läuft sehr gut. DANKE Habe am Anfang immer Minimierung Fehler. ESC und Strg. Und er fängt sich.

Versuche jetzt noch Elite Textures

• Like! 1
7 hours ago, Meysor said:

Läuft sehr gut. DANKE Habe am Anfang immer Minimierung Fehler. ESC und Strg. Und er fängt sich.

Hi Meysor , welcome to DarkMatters!

I've run your post through a translator so that more of the community here can read from their mobiles if necessary: 

As we're an English forum, I would just ask you to use translator to make your posts in English, this way all info here is easier to be searched by members and search engines for new players even those using old phones :lol:

Happy to have you here, enjoy the boards!

:hugs:

gogo

Hello with me everything has calved

Thanks for the guy who likes the leaves flying around.

Sacred 2 Gold(on Steam) + cm-patch0160.zip + Old file physxExt.  + resolution 3000 * 2000 + Elite Textures Trimmed.rar

That's all I've changed

Works very well. THANK YOU Always got minimization errors in the beginning. ESC and Ctrl. And he lies down.

• Appreciation 1