Black Friday is here, what are you getting!!

What are you guys getting?
We just ordered this for home, one here and one for my cousin/s family... 

down from 79.99 to 39.99 here in Canada  29.99 in states!!

google-home-mini1-980x637.jpg, even

:dance:

gogo

3 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Is Beyond Dividnity mp? We picked up divinine divnitiy originial sin 2

:)

gogo

Sorry Gogo but Larian says it is not multiplayer and can't be modded for it. Mind you I don't know that much about the game, it was an impulse buy because I like Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity was on sale for 69c US. Who could refuse a bargain like that?

Edited by podgie_bear

Beyond Divinity was kind of the embryo of Divinity Original Sin.  It was the game where they first tried out the idea of having two soul-bonded characters that you controlled, each with their personality and opinions on how things should be carried out.  No multiplayer though.

It's considered the weakest of the entire franchise but I'm very fond of it because I remember following its development step by step on the forums back in 2004.

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Great find! Guess yer not leaving the proximity of your newest member of the family  for a few days :whistle:Are you practicing seriously ever day Ben, or this for relax and hobby?

:)

gogo

I play pretty much every day, yep.

10 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

I haven't bought anything, but I also think Black Friday isn't quite the same spectacle in Australia as it is in the US - things just don't get discounted as much here, but it is becoming bigger over the last few years.

Black Friday has become even larger than Boxing day here in Canada.  At  my work, the queues were three to four hours long for people waiting to get hands on prices... (which of course they could order themeslves online, but of course want to hear it from the company first :blini:) 

There are loads of specials in al the flyers here and I was waiting waiting waiting for a drop in google's entry to smart home...and for 39.99 ...this is it!!

:dance:

gogo

16 hours ago, lujate said:

Some buns, a few cans of beans and a block of cheese. :D

The grocery store is the only store I'll go to on Black Friday.

awww, noooooooo, nooooooooo, lujate...just...just pull back ever so slowly on that flyer, that flyer that lets you make a purchase line online... and the crystal ball sees....

:D

gogo

17 hours ago, Flix said:

Beyond Divinity was kind of the embryo of Divinity Original Sin.  It was the game where they first tried out the idea of having two soul-bonded characters that you controlled, each with their personality and opinions on how things should be carried out.  No multiplayer though.

It's considered the weakest of the entire franchise but I'm very fond of it because I remember following its development step by step on the forums back in 2004.

Do you have original sin 2?

:devil:

gogo

I did not buy it because of black friday, but I did buy 2 cookbooks and a pc game that I have been looking for, for a long time. The lord of the rings, the battle for middle earth 1 + 2 and the rise of the witchking expansion on Amazon. My first amazon purchase. 

Not because of Black Friday (not really a thing here): Bought today a set of 4  WINBAG pump wedges. A plastic bag which can be filled with air to lift 300 pounds of weight. I needed it to repair some old roof doors (stopping cold air below the doors) where there is no room for a second person to help. You can put them in a gap of 2 millimetres and pump them up. Needed 4: two to lift in a straight way and two to the sides to make a 90 degree mount ;)

My wife watched it and asked for them for glueing some self made decorations for the winter time.

20798_10.JPG

@Flix

Yesterday: a Waldzither (forest cither) for our third. Not many people were interested in it at a garage sale. Bet most weren't knewing what it is. Some said a strange banjo ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldzither

if you want to know how it sounds:

https://www.youtube.ru/watch?v=rWhRtBrU0hc

• Like! 1
18 minutes ago, chattius said:

Not because of Black Friday (not really a thing here): Bought today a set of 4  WINBAG pump wedges. A plastic bag which can be filled with air to lift 300 pounds of weight. I needed it to repair some old roof doors (stopping cold air below the doors) where there is no room for a second person to help. You can put them in a gap of 2 millimetres and pump them up. Needed 4: two to lift in a straight way and two to the sides to make a 90 degree mount ;)

My wife watched it and asked for them for glueing some self made decorations for the winter time.

20798_10.JPG

Yesterday: a Waldzither (forest cither) for our third. Not many people were interested in it at a garage sale. Bet most weren't knewing what it is. Some said a strange banjo ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldzither

https://www.youtube.ru/watch?v=rWhRtBrU0hc

Zomgid chattius hold on black Friday ... come here for a hug ? so happy to see you!!

???

gogo

:4rofl:gogo

In my mind, Black Friday shopping means:

• Loonies sleeping on the sidewalk in front of Best Buy in near freezing temperatures hoping to get one of the while supplies last, limited quantity, no raincheck, first-come first-served deals.
  • Idiots getting in fist fights over the last Tickle-Me Elmo, or whatever fad it is this year.

I was thinking about trying to get a bigger TV this holiday season, but it seems like too big a hassle. My current receiver doesn't do 4k. A new TV would prob need an external tuner. My VCR only supports RCA.

I did order a classic computer science book online on Friday.

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, lujate said:

I was thinking about trying to get a bigger TV this holiday season, but it seems like too big a hassle. My current receiver doesn't do 4k. A new TV would prob need an external tuner. My VCR only supports RCA.

Not to try and talk you into spending money or anything, but pretty much all TV's have built in tuners these days (admittedly this is my experience in Australia so I will be the first to admit this may not be true in the US). Also, while your receiver may not do 4k passthrough, a new TV may have apps built in for 4k streaming (e.g. Netflix) which will output audio to your receiver and some of the first 4k bluray players come with two HDMI out connections - one for video to the TV and a second for audio to older receivers like yours which are not capable of 4k passthough.

Not sure about the VCR though - if it doesn't connect to your receiver then a new TV may come with RCA connections, but it's definitely a legacy connector at this point so maybe (probably?) not. Although if you kept the old TV you could leave the VCR with it?

Haha don't let me talk you into anything, I'm a fan of my big TV's so I'm probably a little bias on this topic!

• Like! 1
20 minutes ago, lujate said:

I guess if the new TV could output audio to my receiver, I'd be set for my PS4 and Blu Ray player.

I wonder if they make an RCA-HDMI cable?

Hmm...

Oh yes, yes they do...you can either go with a cable or with an adapter box. Amazon has many to choose from.

I don't mind Black Fridays as much as I used to. My daughter's birthday is on Nov 30th and I always had some last minute shopping to do. The aggravation is mostly from lack of parking, because I refuse to camp out for several hours before the stores open to find a spot. But now that my local mall has reserved parking spots for veterans, I went and got a 'Veterans license plate'. And I think only one time all the spots were filled when I went there. I was told I could qualify for a handicapped plate with my back issues I have, but if I can climb up to the top of water tanks, I think I can handle walking into the mall from any parking spot so I have never got one.

• Like! 1
1 hour ago, lujate said:

I guess if the new TV could output audio to my receiver, I'd be set for my PS4 and Blu Ray player.

I wonder if they make an RCA-HDMI cable?

Hmm...

The only question would be what quality sound you'll get. Your setup would be video device => TV => receiver and the last step I think (would need to double check this) needs to be over optical audio cable which is limited in the audio formats it can transmit - it can do multichannel audio formats, just not lossless formats or Dolby Atmos / DTS X if they're a must have for you although if your receiver cant do 4k it likely can't do the latter?

• Like! 1
On 11/26/2017 at 0:20 PM, Delta! said:

I did not buy it because of black friday, but I did buy 2 cookbooks and a pc game that I have been looking for, for a long time. The lord of the rings, the battle for middle earth 1 + 2 and the rise of the witchking expansion on Amazon. My first amazon purchase. 

What were teh cookbooks? Theuns you must have quite a library by now... of cousre the Joy of Cooking is its backbone?

gogo

9 hours ago, gogoblender said:

What were teh cookbooks? Theuns you must have quite a library by now... of cousre the Joy of Cooking is its backbone?

gogo

The two cookbooks are both Valrhona based. The recipe were developed in their chocolate laboratory and the main author is the head pastry chef of Valrhona. Valrhona is my favourite brand of chocolate to use. The first one is named cooking with chocolate essential. More basics and how to use their chocolate and lots of recipes. And the second one is called chocolate masterclass.

Looking forward to trying them a out