Black Friday is here, what are you getting!!

5 hours ago, Lord of the North said:

This year was a first for me in 17 plus years. This year I changed jobs and no longer work in retail, so for me it was the first time in 17 years that I did not step into a store of any kind during any part of Black Friday weekend.

:hugs:

gogo

2 hours ago, gogoblender said:

:hugs:

gogo

Well Gogo, The new job I have is at the same hospital that Dawn works at (she has been there 18 years and now we are co-workers as well as Hubby and Wife) and the store I use to work at was the local J.C. Penneys, I was with them for 17 years and 9 months .

On 11/29/2017 at 0:29 AM, Lord of the North said:

Well Gogo, The new job I have is at the same hospital that Dawn works at (she has been there 18 years and now we are co-workers as well as Hubby and Wife) and the store I use to work at was the local J.C. Penneys, I was with them for 17 years and 9 months .

Is JC Penny's still holding out>? I know that live retail has been taking a hit with the growth of Amazon putting it's tendrils into everything... heck even my own grocery store beside me has lately been sending out flyers asking us order online

:4rofl:

gogo

In the near future Amazon supplies the whole wide world at x-mas. The whole world?

Stone age

Mr. Yanomami wielding a blowpipe to Mrs. Yanomami: No meat at home. I'll hunt for an ape at the Amazonas.

Information age:

Mr. Sexy to Mrs. Sexy: Phone reports no wine in the fridge, should I order something more than wine at Amazon ?

Information age 2:

Mr. Yanomami to Mrs. Yanomami: No meat at home. I'll take my blowpipe and search for an ape at the Amazonas.

Information age 3:

Mr. Chattius with a gun on his shoulder to Mrs. Chattius: Da*n drones. One chased of the goose I was looking for for our x-mas dinner. But I shot  the drone - all we need for a candlelight, inclusive sexy underwear...

Yes, Amazon will supply the whole wideld world, except Mr. and Mrs. Sexy who spend whole x-mas trying to reach the Amazon hotline.

• Haha 1
20 hours ago, chattius said:

In the near future Amazon supplies the whole wide world at x-mas. The whole world?

Stone age

Mr. Yanomami wielding a blowpipe to Mrs. Yanomami: No meat at home. I'll hunt for an ape at the Amazonas.

Information age:

Mr. Sexy to Mrs. Sexy: Phone reports no wine in the fridge, should I order something more than wine at Amazon ?

Information age 2:

Mr. Yanomami to Mrs. Yanomami: No meat at home. I'll take my blowpipe and search for an ape at the Amazonas.

Information age 3:

Mr. Chattius with a gun on his shoulder to Mrs. Chattius: Da*n drones. One chased of the goose I was looking for for our x-mas dinner. But I shot  the drone - all we need for a candlelight, inclusive sexy underwear...

Yes, Amazon will supply the whole wideld world, except Mr. and Mrs. Sexy who spend whole x-mas trying to reach the Amazon hotline.

???

gosh.. I don’t think any of the three ghosts of Christmas could have thought of a more wretched and terrifying future... 

?

gogo

My college age Grandkids never buy from Amazon so who's to say if Amazon will rule the future shopping world.    JC Penny's was poorly managed as was Sears.   Stores like Costco, TJ Maxx and Apple are thriving.   And around here, Mom and Pop stores are doing well.   

As for grocery stores offering online shopping with delivery (or drive thru pickup), that's a convenience that's long overdue.    With commute times stretching into hours rather than minutes, there just isn't time left for shopping.      

• Like! 1
On 12/1/2017 at 10:01 AM, purringcat said:

My college age Grandkids never buy from Amazon so who's to say if Amazon will rule the future shopping world.    JC Penny's was poorly managed as was Sears.   Stores like Costco, TJ Maxx and Apple are thriving.   And around here, Mom and Pop stores are doing well.   

As for grocery stores offering online shopping with delivery (or drive thru pickup), that's a convenience that's long overdue.    With commute times stretching into hours rather than minutes, there just isn't time left for shopping.      

I feel that on the ridiculous grocery lines after work.  so many folks in line, and so few grocers...and for some reason the Metro near me doesn't seem to want to put in self check out which all the bigger stores have.  It is kind of scary though how Amazon seems to be gett ing their hands into everything, and while I find it expensive to order from them online because of mom and pops near me and a Dollarama with ridiciulously low prices (how do they do that!! :o ), it'll be a while for me before I'm converted as Amazon fan ... or at least till they have remote drones droppingn stuff off?

ooooh, natty

:D

gogo

On 12/1/2017 at 9:01 AM, purringcat said:

No Amazon, huh?  Is it a "damn the Man" kind of thing, or what?

I probably order from Amazon once a month or so. Usually stuff that's not easily obtained locally.

• Like! 1

We got the Google Mini's... and they are amazing!.  For that small background noise you want in the kitchen while everyone's asleep, this cant be beat.  Still getting used to the command/controls...but slowly getting the hang of it.  Love how it can drill down to podcasts... and this for me was a deal breaker... Radio's are a cool concept... live broadcasts are meaningful... but when we say "hey googlel good morning" the AI can differentiate between different voices, and depending on if each unique voice has connected their google id to the system, you can get personalized feedback on your calendar(much used!) to do lists, grocery lists, and ... dom dom dom... place phone calls and have kitchen chats... all this without me having to track down my phone anymore.   I'm also a big fan of steam/boiling chinese dumplings as a kind of fast food, and nothing beats out how easy it to start "hey google set timer for ten minutes" than to a AI that seems to have found its way into the kitchen.  

We got one more for my family in Alexandria who we'll be spending Christmas with, can hardly wait till their 7 year old sees this@!

:christmastree:

gogo

• Like! 1
  • 2 years later...

This year I did some serious black Friday shopping. 

Got a Kenwood professional chef stand mixer with most attachments. (Blender, food procesor with blades, mincer and sausage maker, spice grinder) all we need to buy extra is a pasta roller.

Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner. We named him Hal.

Catan board games and expansions.

5 Le Creuset pieces. 2 pans, one with two short handles on the side, one with a long frying pan handle, large caserole pot, smaller pot for sauces or a bit of soup and a grill pan. (My fiance and I bought it together)

He also bought a washing machine. The new apartment did not have one.

20 hours ago, Delta! said:

This year I did some serious black Friday shopping. 

Got a Kenwood professional chef stand mixer with most attachments. (Blender, food procesor with blades, mincer and sausage maker, spice grinder) all we need to buy extra is a pasta roller.

Xiaomi robot vacuum cleaner. We named him Hal.

Catan board games and expansions.

5 Le Creuset pieces. 2 pans, one with two short handles on the side, one with a long frying pan handle, large caserole pot, smaller pot for sauces or a bit of soup and a grill pan. (My fiance and I bought it together)

He also bought a washing machine. The new apartment did not have one.

a robo vacuum cleaner... peak!

:dance:

gogo

I missed black friday?!?!?!?!

Our last and only robot vacuum cleaner was very depressive and suicided. Rumours say he pushed open a not locked door and tried to vacuum clean 3 day old puppies. Big mistake because Mama Leonberger was lactating them at this moment...

Never bought a new one, because most time cleaning is spend on stairs and ladders, places a robot can't clean yet anyway.

Funnily the main reason to buy one were dog and cat hairs

Video about Leonberger dogs. In difference to the video: our dogs average in 11 years life span, never had hip problems and are trained water rescue dogs. Living in a lonely house mid in forest the guard dogs for our daughters couldn'r be big enough. With fish ponds around we trained them to pull people out of the water. Actually 3 of the robot killer puppies were sold to rescue swimmers. We used to have 5 of them now it are only 2. Kids are getting older and the oldest are out of house.

• Haha 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Well, this year i picked up another Google Mini for a friend, and we bought the nest mini hub for my 9 year old nephew. His mom asked us to get him an alarm clock or something that plays music... and the next hub fits the bill perfectly.  And the quality of images on it is fantastic

Was a hundred bux for Black Friday this year... yee haw

:)

gogo