Hello Again to everybody!

I recently started playing this game again, after nearly a decade of so since abandoning it, I thought that I could say hello again! 

I was (am?) an already registered user here, but I could not recall the password nor restore it due to loosing access to its associated email address. Go figures! 

I was wondering if you guys are still playing Sacred UW and, in such a case, what do you usually use to connect with one another.

Here in Italy we are currently using a mix of Steam + Tunngle, but it appears that this approach is rather unstable and not everyone can join the network. Do you have any better ideas?

---

ETA: I see there is still my post advertising my (old) clan here!

Edited by Patroclo Picchiaduro
16 minutes ago, Patroclo Picchiaduro said:

Hello Again to everybody!

I recently started playing this game again, after nearly a decade of so since abandoning it, I thought that I could say hello again! 

I was (am?) an already registered user here, but I could not recall the password nor restore it due to loosing access to its associated email address. Go figures! 

I was wondering if you guys are still playing Sacred UW and, in such a case, what do you usually use to connect with one another.

Here in Italy we are currently using a mix of Steam + Tunngle, but it appears that this approach is rather unstable and not everyone can join the network. Do you have any better ideas?

---

ETA: I see there is still my post advertising my (old) clan here!

Hi Patrick and welcome back ! I as able to hunt down your old account and merge it with tis new one... alas about losing the passwords to your old email, but your new once will work as well :)  I've sent a message to your new email with the new password for your renewed account, you should be able to log in and join up with us again.

yes, I see your old clan with us, such nostalgia Monsieur...

Welcome back Patrick!

:hugs:

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Hi Patrick and welcome back ! I as able to hunt down your old account and merge it with tis new one... alas about losing the passwords to your old email, but your new once will work as well :)  I've sent a message to your new email with the new password for your renewed account, you should be able to log in and join up with us again.

yes, I see your old clan with us, such nostalgia Monsieur...

Welcome back Patrick!

:hugs:

gogo

Thank you very much! :)

My old clan has only two survivors, unfortunately.. not that it matters anymore, since the servers closed..

..but hey, there's still hope for a new Sacred Gold Remastered HD Platinum Collection Edition!

13 hours ago, Patroclo Picchiaduro said:

Thank you very much! :)

My old clan has only two survivors, unfortunately.. not that it matters anymore, since the servers closed..

..but hey, there's still hope for a new Sacred Gold Remastered HD Platinum Collection Edition!

I think I read a post back here that someone was saying that all we'd need would be the Ascaron server software and we could play online again in groups?

:devil:

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

I think I read a post back here that someone was saying that all we'd need would be the Ascaron server software and we could play online again in groups?

:devil:

gogo

well, we are playing online in groups, but VPNs are not really the same thing..

• TUNNGLE can be unstable for some players, and sometimes one cannot join and one has to reset the server..
  • EVOLVE suffers from too much lag
  • HAMACHI is just too much limited

We didn't really try any more options here in Italy, so for now we are stuck like this.. the record on TUNNGLE is 20 players that I have seen, but most of the time they don't appear to play the same version of the Game or are not visible for some other reasons. 

I also never saw anyone from this community playing the game over one of those VPNs.. so that's why I thought maybe you guys found a better approach than us.. but perhaps it's just that, no one is playing it anymore. :lol:

8 hours ago, Patroclo Picchiaduro said:

well, we are playing online in groups, but VPNs are not really the same thing..

• TUNNGLE can be unstable for some players, and sometimes one cannot join and one has to reset the server..
  • EVOLVE suffers from too much lag
  • HAMACHI is just too much limited

We didn't really try any more options here in Italy, so for now we are stuck like this.. the record on TUNNGLE is 20 players that I have seen, but most of the time they don't appear to play the same version of the Game or are not visible for some other reasons. 

I also never saw anyone from this community playing the game over one of those VPNs.. so that's why I thought maybe you guys found a better approach than us.. but perhaps it's just that, no one is playing it anymore. :lol:

You talkinga bout the the unstability of Tuungle... do you think I'ts comparable to the stability of at least Ascaron servers or worse?  I remember Ascaron servers being pretty awful sometimes...but then maybe only when there were a lot of us on?

:)

gogo

5 hours ago, gogoblender said:

You talkinga bout the the unstability of Tuungle... do you think I'ts comparable to the stability of at least Ascaron servers or worse?  I remember Ascaron servers being pretty awful sometimes...but then maybe only when there were a lot of us on?

:)

gogo

It's actually worse, at least on my end.

Sometimes it crashes for some of the players, making them loose connection to the server.

Some other times it simply blocks them out of the server or hides it from them.. which means the server must be restarted.

On 12/2/2017 at 4:39 PM, Patroclo Picchiaduro said:

It's actually worse, at least on my end.

Sometimes it crashes for some of the players, making them loose connection to the server.

Some other times it simply blocks them out of the server or hides it from them.. which means the server must be restarted.

I didn't know it was sooooooooo bad... this would explain the lack of its use? It seems like there's enough interest in the game for more people online playing together... who knows, maybe a better Tuungle will arise, or a reverse engineered Ascaron hosting code?

:D

gogo