Seraphim Sword and Shield Build

Rogue256

Im looking to put together a sword and shield build for a seraphin to got to niobium difficulty and would welcome any tips on improving her.

My focus is to make a strong char that rolls with a sword and shield, slow but steady wins the race.

The skills

Tactics lore [75]

Exalted warrior focus

Sword lore

Armor lore [75]

Constitution [75] 

Toughness

Combat reflex

Spell resistance

Shield lore

Enhanced perception

the ones with the brackets are to be 75 on lv75 ?

The battle arts

Battle Stance mods Aggression  Flexibility  Retaliation / Soul hammer mods Aim Battering Coup de Grace / Pelting Strikes mods Succession Focus Precision 

Assailing Somersault mods Athletic Brawn Concussion / Dashing Alacrity mods Bloodlust Delay Impatience

if this build seems ok should I pick Expert touch because of one focus ?

I would welcome any tips on anything thats does not work for some reason. I have played this exact build without expert touch up to lv 30 so up to toughness and it's fun to play, a bit slow but thats ok not looking to one shot everything. im also keeping regan times low for pelting strike only 1 rune but plan to build battle stance up a bit. playing without cm patch till 1.6o releases.

swapping toughness with shield lore I think I'll do that, and I took a closer look at combat discipline and I think you have a good point there. I was always thinking it lacked attack and the combat discipline should help with that. thanks for the input.

• Like! 1
8 hours ago, Androdion said:

Toughness is a skill that is best for the long run, that's when it really shines.

I like what you said here about this skill.  I never had enough patience to last it through in HC servers to actually "feel" what this kind of invulnerability would feel like... though when I look at some videos that some of the advanced players were putting up at the time, I shoulda stuck it out

:D

gogo

It's actually kind of easy to see it in the long run though, when you consider that an early choice of Toughness with a low value of Armour Lore will give little return, as opposed to having Armour Lore mastered and Toughness with even just a few points in it. ;) Some skills are just tailored for the endgame more so than the pre-mastery levels.

Edited by Androdion

When yer in HC and struggling to get through to higher levels, its hard to sometimes "believe" or "feel" that a long range skill choice will actually come through. 

Hats off to those that pulled it off when the game came out

:)

gogo

This may just be me, but I feel the Toughness skill comes out swinging and kicking butt right from the get-go, and just gets better as it levels up.

It gives not just flat armor, which admittedly does take time to synergize with Armor Lore, but it also gives Damage Mitigation, that beloved modifier that stacks with other sources from gear and skills (without diminishing returns) and can make you nigh-invulnerable.  :paladin:

I have another question, I was thinking for my attributes I would go first 1 vit for first 50 levels then 1 vit/1 dex and finally 2 vit/1 dex. so about 70% vit and about 30% dex.

dex seems really good for this build or would another stat be better ?

Note. watching a shamen with 10 arrows in him running from a skeleton archer just made my day.

from the wiki Increases Attack Value slightly and Defense Value significantly. the part about defence I ike a lot,  looking for the first time at attributes in the wiki not just in game str seems like a good choice to because dex adds to short swords where str adds to sword weapons as a hole,  oh god 2 words has made me rethink my strategy.  WHY DEX...

will think on it while killing orcs

I always played HC, so it was always VIT (or WIL for shield builds).  I wouldn't think DEX would be a good damage boost for a sword build, but honestly I've never really looked.

Revised build so far lv 21, /def 778 weapon dmg 106 to 164. 

The skills

Tactics lore 

Exalted warrior focus

Sword lore [75]

Armor lore [75]

Constitution [75] 

Shield lore

Combat reflex - keeping this one

Spell resistance

Toughness

Enhanced perception

the ones with the brackets are to be 75 on lv75.

Attributes  1 vit, then 1 vit/1 str, and finally 2 vit/1 str

will add Combat arts and their modifications in a later update.

Just on a personal level this build is just a playstyle I like playing in all my arpg and exclusively softcore lol. having everyones input has help me tweak and modify it to perfection, well not really but I like it. so anyone who feels that they can contribute in some way to improve it I welcome it, thanks again 

Edited by Rogue256
  • Like! 1
4 hours ago, Rogue256 said:

Revised build so far lv 21, /def 778 weapon dmg 106 to 164. 

The skills

Tactics lore 

Exalted warrior focus

Sword lore [75]

Armor lore [75]

Constitution [75] 

Shield lore

Combat reflex - keeping this one

Spell resistance

Toughness

Enhanced perception

the ones with the brackets are to be 75 on lv75.

Attributes  1 vit, then 1 vit/1 str, and finally 2 vit/1 str

will add Combat arts and their modifications in a later update.

Just on a personal level this build is just a playstyle I like playing in all my arpg and exclusively softcore lol. having everyones input has help me tweak and modify it to perfection, well not really but I like it. so anyone who feels that they can contribute in some way to improve it I welcome it, thanks again 

Got any videos of your new build in Action up on youtube?

:)

gogo

I remember back on the ps3 tho orc cave was a good place to grind out some loot and experience. I tried a bit on this build and it seem ok still 4 champions in there.

now with ice and blood is still ok for some sweet loot or is there a new spot,

I'm currently at the marsh just before the desert run in bronze. silver is owning me, oh and why is the bfg seraphim so op lol.....

11 hours ago, Rogue256 said:

I remember back on the ps3 tho orc cave was a good place to grind out some loot and experience. I tried a bit on this build and it seem ok still 4 champions in there.

now with ice and blood is still ok for some sweet loot or is there a new spot,

I'm currently at the marsh just before the desert run in bronze. silver is owning me, oh and why is the bfg seraphim so op lol.....

I seem to recall the Blood Forest was popular. Run the first half of the chain quest, rinse and repeat.

• Like! 1

The build so far lv 37 bronze

The skills

Tactics lore [75]

Exalted warrior focus

Sword lore

Armor lore [75]

Constitution [75] 

Toughness

Combat reflex

Spell resistance

Shield lore

Enhanced perception

the ones with the brackets are to be 75 on lv75 

Battle Stance mods Premonition  Drill  Retaliation / Soul hammer mods Aim Battering Coup de Grace / Pelting Strikes mods Succession Focus Precision 

Assailing Somersault mods Athletic Brawn Concussion / Dashing Alacrity mods Bloodlust Delay Impatience

The combat arts are all lv 1 at the moment and been using a 2h sword to change it up while killing normal mobs.  the bosses are a war of attrition and is a lot of fun. will level up a few more levels then continue on in silver. ill keep this updated, if anyone is following this build a find things get tough just go and get a few levels while adding more dps and you will be fine. 

20171206110909_1.thumb.jpg.b144267c8627b6ffcbb2c21087499b72.jpg

The build so far lv 43 silver

The skills

Tactics lore [75]

Exalted warrior focus

Sword lore

Armor lore [75]

Constitution [75] 

Toughness

Combat reflex

Spell resistance

Shield lore

Enhanced perception

Battle Stance mods Premonition  Drill  Retaliation / Soul hammer mods Aim Battering Coup de Grace / Pelting Strikes mods Succession Focus Precision 

finally went to the new area in ice and blood expansion with my build, it's good to see some new zones with new enemy types. though in silver enemy are a little tough there im lv 43 there lv 49.  will continue to finnish silver and then move on to gold. the world of ancaria is such a nice place to explore and find some nice loot. 

20171208174914_1.thumb.jpg.0fcdc7904dd70e242dcfbd081f19d954.jpg

• Like! 1

The build so far lv 31 silver, cm patch 1.60

The skills

Tactics lore [75]

Exalted warrior focus -extra points here to boost battle stance.

Sword lore

Armor lore [75]

Constitution [75] 

Toughness

Combat reflex

Spell resistance

Shield lore

Enhanced perception

This is a continue of my sword and shield build but with 1.60 patch. what I have noticed up till now feels the same with progression with is good, a lot of new gear and stuff to. will continue to improve the build.  def about 800 and dps about 400

20171213202645_1.thumb.jpg.2906244dfd58aff3d753e21b0c98bf9e.jpg

The build so far lv 40 Bronze, cm patch 1.60

The skills

Tactics lore [75]

Sword lore

Armor lore [75]

Constitution [75] 

Toughness

Combat reflex

Spell resistance

Shield lore

Enhanced perception

Just killed the 4 guardians to complete bronze, also got the scrooge trophy for not using the merchant. now onto silver will be looking to boost my dps and def. this is a complete self found with only the new 1.60 cm patch. might be a bit longer to get to niobium difficulty but it's the journey not the destination,

20171216184437_1.thumb.jpg.6db854b5d57d8f9d9600839189232e73.jpg

The build so far lv 57 gold, cm patch 1.60

The skills

Tactics lore [75]

Sword lore -extra points here

Armor lore [75]

Constitution [75] 

Toughness

Combat reflex

Spell resistance

Shield lore

Enhanced perception

Attributs 1 to 50 all vit then 1/1 vit str. then 1/2 vit str

ok I just done silver which was easy, my def is 2500 and my dps is 1,200. will keep on trying to improve the build.  still no stallworth safeguard drop. I shall pray to lady luck tonight...

20171220135847_1.thumb.jpg.7de39da95d65ad75d9caf3da96553b7e.jpg

I have never seen a build that works with so many defensive skills. I think that its too much and that you will get problems with dmg on plat and niob. I would have swapped combat reflexes for combat discipline and maybe spell resistance for damage lore.

But I´m really courios how it will work out, so keep it updated :)

Edit: Can you post a picture of your bonus list as well? I´d like to see what kind of boni you use in your armor

Edited by xcessive