Happy Christmas ! - Celebrating 12 years here on Planet Earth!

4 hours ago, Dragon Brother said:

Festive looking skin indeed!

We've just put up our Christmas tree so it's definitely starting to feel like that time of the year. Looks like I'll have to go hunting a more festive avatar...

Thanks for the feedback DB, it's a beautiful skin, unique, crafted by Ascaron, and perfectly suited for DarkMatters' Sacred Christmas.

And bravo on your tree up!!

Ornaments from your old family tree or new stuff?  Gluck with your new Christmas Avatar!

:)

gogo

19 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

And bravo on your tree up!!

Ornaments from your old family tree or new stuff?  Gluck with your new Christmas Avatar!

There are a few old baubles from somewhere, but it's a new tree, tinsel and some new ornaments.

• Like! 1
2 hours ago, Flix said:

Loving the Christmas look guys.  Our tree just went up at my grandfather's.  We had white lights and frilly white and pink bows for years (a "Victorian" tree) but this year we went back to the classic colored lights and shiny balls.

oGAMwhh.jpg

I love your Christmas Tree Flix...the entire setup is so classic!! What a great place to celebrate in with your family

gogo

• Like! 1

"Sorry for the missing theme this year.  Our forum software, IPB, went through major code changes and the theme designers out on the net are having a hard time keeping up.  The designer we always buy the halloween theme from is going through life troubles which means she's practically awol.  Normally we would have bought the Halloween theme months in advance but sadly it just wasn't possible.  We love it as much as you do podgie!  One of her co-designers did make their own Halloween theme.  Me and gogo were juuuust about to buy it.  And then I discovered all kinds of unfinished areas of the theme in their sample shop.  So we had to pass on it.  As for anywhere else.  No one is making seasonal theme's for ipb 4.2 yet. 

Hopefully next Halloween they'll have our fave theme ready.  Until then, at least we know the xmas theme is ready. "

So when do we get our Christmas Theme on the forum? :christmastree: Please tell me that the current background is not all we get! :dntknw: I am hoping for at least some of what we used to have, cheerful Candy canes, wrapped presents, frosting and other Christmas decorations and Yuletide celebrations :drunkards:. Not just a rather cold and boring postcard style picture in the background with "Merry Christmas" at the bottom! :o Compared to our previous themes we seem to have reverted to something hardly worth calling a 'theme' :cry: or is IPB 4.2 less capable of hosting themes than what we were using previously?

Edited by podgie_bear
13 hours ago, Schot said:

Best quest ever!  I think the Christmas quest will always be my fave quest of any game.  A fitting background.  Thanks for the last minute help Flix.  :christmas:

ooooh, nice  christmas Avatar...

can we plug you in as a Christmas Ornament?

:4rofl:

gogo

8 hours ago, gogoblender said:

ooooh, nice  christmas Avatar...

can we plug you in as a Christmas Ornament?

:4rofl:

gogo

Aww gogo, give the poor fella a break. It seems like the first time you've let Schot out of the dungeon we've seen Schot in ages and you're already trying to turn him into a Christmas tree decoration!!

10 hours ago, podgie_bear said:

"No one is making seasonal theme's for ipb 4.2 yet."

I think you've quoted all the info you need to answer your question Podgie. This version of the software they use for the board is new and there isn't anything fancy for them to use. Give it some time and I'm sure we'll see more elaborate themes available, but for now we'll have to make up for it with lots of Christmas cheer! So to all reading this, dust off your seasonal avatars, polish up your good will, and here's to a wonderful festive season for all with their family and friends.

And eggnog, here's to lots of eggnog... ;)

• Thanks! 1
7 hours ago, Steerpike1 said:

Love the Christmas look to the site, but haven't had any presents from a Seraphim for a long time...

Thanks for the post, steerpike, and a happy Christmas to you, keep that writing going!

gogo