Bitcoin... anyone?

9 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Yes, at the time of this post it's at $17,680.60 US Dollars per unit. It could be just a huge bubble, however.

One of my friends and his wife were miners years ago...back in those days the coins were twenty each... they did sell when they were around a k each and finally put the down payment for a house.

I dont really know anything at all about bitcoin but last month november 16th cuz I just was in a gambling mood bought a hundred bux worth from coinbase with my credit card and am having fun watching it go up and down once a day when I get back from work.

:)

gogo

24 minutes ago, gogoblender said:

One of my friends and his wife were miners years ago...back in those days the coins were twenty each... they did sell when they were around a k each and finally put the down payment for a house.

I dont really know anything at all about bitcoin but last month november 16th cuz I just was in a gambling mood bought a hundred bux worth from coinbase with my credit card and am having fun watching it go up and down once a day when I get back from work.

gogo

It's most regrettable that you did not make that purchase in November last year, you would be quite wealthy, indeed.

• Like! 1
1 minute ago, Hooyaah said:

It's most regrettable that you did not make that purchase in November last year, you would be quite wealthy, indeed.

I know... I see the value now..it's crazy...still...for a hundred bux down, I get to come home and pull the "slot machine" every night after work just to see the worth.

216 now...so at least I doubled my money if I push that sell button

gogo

• 1 year later...

If you are the only one who does a Bitcoin transaction in 5 minutes, do you know that this single transaction consumes 869 kilowatthours. In germany this would be around 200Euro for electricity, for a single transaction. In difference to credit cards Bitcoin has a network where every computer has to receive the data for the transaction. So as long millions of people use it there is some profit. But as soon the number of people using it drops there will be problems.

21 minutes ago, chattius said:

If you are the only one who does a Bitcoin transaction in 5 minutes, do you know that this single transaction consumes 869 kilowatthours. In germany this would be around 200Euro for electricity, for a single transaction. In difference to credit cards Bitcoin has a network where every computer has to receive the data for the transaction. So as long millions of people use it there is some profit. But as soon the number of people using it drops there will be problems.

One of my friends was/(is?) REALLY into it... and made enough in the early days to put a down payment down on his house (wow!) Course, me when I tried, it was a lacklustre experience...but I did manage to double my bit coins (though only invested a hundred bux) and got it...never to be seen in it again :D

I think that FaceBook is bringing out or "leading" an attempt at a new global currency which espouses much greater utlitlisation for the masses and uses some kind of block chain tech... I'm not sure of anywhere in my own dealings that use bitcoin for like lets say the pizza dude down the street or groceries... I do ADORE using my phone or watch for payments though and hate taking my wallet out...its much slimmed down...only four cards and pocket for the rare bills at places that perhaps wont take cash

gogo