Sacred 2 CM Patch 1.60 - How to screenshot ?

since 1.60 it seems there is no more steam overlay so I can't get a screenshot, though it does count my hrs played so there is some connection there, using print screen I get  a 8mb .tga file that when I open it there is no menu in the pic, is there a easy way to take a screen shot ?

note, my seraphin has a lightsaber, and thanks for the patch 8hrs no freeze's

Long ago for me... I think the steam printscreen key is overwritten by the teleport key (F12) from sacred 2? You had to press either ctrl, shift or alt and the screenshot key to print a shot including the interface. Don#t know which of the 3 it was.

Another option was to use the command line interface for a screenshot. Was it 'sys ss 8' for a screenshot in full intern resolution (might be bigger than the monitor resolution). With the sys commands in the console you could also just print the character without surroundings real big.

• Like! 1

The screenshot key on Steam only works if Steam overlay is turned on. ;)

It is advisable in stability terms to have it off, but you can just alt-tab out of the game and turn it on for a few moments to take your screenshots without the game crashing. Just remember to turn it off again. It consumes less than a minute but the increase in stability is noticeable.

so are you saying you have the option turn on steam overlay with patch 1.60 , mine is always on but not with new patch. I always start it through steam but with new 1.60 patch it might of broke something on my end.  thanks anyway

It hasn't anything to do with the patch, it's just a matter of checking the box for the overlay on the game's property window on Steam. Though as Chattius said it's probably best to assign a screenshot key that isn't being used in-game. I use Keypad 0 for instance.

doing a bit of checking about why it might not be working and what I found from other post it was something to do with admin right not working together with steam, anyway all good now.

fixed 

20171213000800_1.thumb.jpg.fb32580256a46b48bbf6cad5c3c81153.jpg

Edited by Rogue256
  • Like! 1