CM Patch 1.60 Hotfix

I did some more tests with fightingdistance = 20, 35 and 65 and my character always finished his attack (possibly after running around for a short time, but never in circles ...).

I start to doubt my former observations of the bug. Maybe I just saw my character running around and took that for an occurrence of the bug, because I expected the weird pathfinding to be fixed. I really don't know. I'm sorry that I couldn't help, but I'll keep an eye an the matter while I continue playing.

Edited by winston
typo
  • Thanks! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Just to be sure that I didn't miss something, a quick recap:

- install anywhere but \program files\

- create a shortcut and add -nocpubinding -skipopenal as parameters and [x] run as admin

- install the (hotfixed) CM patch from 

- Back up original graphics20 - graphics24.zip, then paste zips from the archive to the pak folder of the game

- finally, adjust options.txt

d_gpuSync = 1,
waitForGpuMode = 1,
checkWorldPositions = 1,
dxDetect = 1,
enableMobilitySupport = 0,
usePhysHW = 1,
detail_physx = 0,

Did I get that right? Did I miss something?

Edit: and of course I did miss something. I remember reading something about the pickup radius and of course I can'T find it right now, could someone point me in the right direction please?

Edited by rm3000
22 minutes ago, rm3000 said:

Edit: and of course I did miss something. I remember reading something about the pickup radius and of course I can'T find it right now, could someone point me in the right direction please?

It's in the patch notes:

"Autocollect pickup range increased. To make the graphical circle match the new coded pickup radius, change the line "autoCollectRadius" to a value of "230" in options.txt (not required, but recommended)."

• Thanks! 1

That increased radius doesn't seem to be working on my side. First I tried the patch (with Enchanced Edition) without editing options.txt and tried to pickup items just outside the pickup circle, didn't work. Then I edited autocollectradius to 230 and circle didn't seem any bigger...

Everything else has been working just fine. I doubt I made any mistakes but will test some more when I get my better computer back, it's a pain to test anything with my laptop as restarting the game is slow.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

1526011983-sacred2-2018-05-11-03-44-39-6

I didn't really have the occasion to play with cm0160hf but I have to say it's a great improvement! This Dragon mount is awesome, epic battle.

Great job again guys and many thanks!

• 1 year later...
38 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Im looking for the file(s) responsible of removing the yellow shimmer on elites, so I can reinstate them. Am I right in the assumption that it is surface.txt ?

It was a code change in one of the dll's I believe.

38 minutes ago, Charon117 said:

Am I right in the assumption that it is surface.txt ?

Negative, a specific code section in s2logic.dll. And the shimmer is not only a texture, but a preset shader(yes, it's that ugly).

Also I'm not sure if the justification for removing it was ever provided publicly.  The elite shader fx was overriding other shaders on enemies, namely any type of hair/fur and likely others as well.

The reasoning was there were three other good indicators of elite status: the stylized circles around the enemy feet, the different name plate with gold text, and (often) different appearance (larger models, different textures).

1 hour ago, Flix said:

Also I'm not sure if the justification for removing it was ever provided publicly.

Yes, its in the changelog.

Well, when 20 mobs are coming at you than ..

1. you cant see the stylized circles around their feet
2. gold text is only useful when you can check 20 mobs in one second, can accurately point your mouse towards the right enemy, and the nameplate accurately updates to what you are hovering over at the moment.
3. its only useful when the models are different. I can name 2 elites I know by visuals, the ice oger, and the alphawolf. The former because of his completely different armour set, and the latter because he is white, while other wolfs are black. Most other elites are indistuingishable visually from their normal counterparts.

I understand why it was removed on the normal difficulties, because it pleases the eye and the the game wasnt difficult enough to make a difference. Good point there. But on EE Challenge mode with Super Spawn I need to tell at a glance how many elites are coming at me, and their position at any time. The golden shimmer was exactly there for this reason. It most likely got implemented for exactly that reason by Ascaron Entertainment.

I dont have the trimmed elite textures though. Maybe that makes a difference.

Anyway, I dont think the textures will be enough, and I really need to tell by a glance how many elites are in a pack. I will look for a way to change the models. Ideally, I would like to add a a subtle aura around the model to make them distinguishable at all times like this or this.

468px-Portl.140623.191202.pngblueaurafeature.jpg

Just ... less intense.

It just really helps the tactical decision making.

Edited by Charon117
3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

As a proper Community Patch, yes. All further fixes and additions are and will be part of either Diablo Fallen, or the Addendum mods. 

Why though? I thought some of those features were missing from the Community Patch only because of lack of time.

11 hours ago, Caledor said:

only because of lack of time

Unfortunately, that was not the only reason. As things progressed, so did the division of opinions on what should be part of the release and what should not. Since both opinions had their objective merits, the decision was to split further development. As of now, I'm convinced the decision was a correct one. While I maintain the Diablo Fallen compatible set of files for further prospective use, I surely don't expect everything I introduce non-codewise to be accepted. For example:

dZV2JIl.jpg

• Like! 1

Of course it was the right decision. But as time passes and mods develop separately there's a chance to find agreement on new stuff. So what I'm asking is: how about looking back once in a while and see if among the new changes, there's some common ground that could be ported in CM?

There was some talk about it in the "making ancaria great again" thread, but again there was no general consensus. Even players and general users had too many different opinions, so it's complicated.

A new patch would have to be built from scratch to be as close to vanilla as possible and with only the code fixing, which is a huge task already. Then all the remainder of cosmetic changes, community created gear, etc. would have to be pooled as there's no general agreement as to that. Some asked about modularity on extra content but again theres was no consensus.

So you see, easier said than done. And I'm an apologist for making a newer version mind you.

19 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

All further fixes and additions are and will be part of either Diablo Fallen, or the Addendum mods. 

Is this true of the `Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition`? Or can the current version of `Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition` be considered final?