Community Patch 160 Bug Reports

It is best to completely remove the game and make certain to delete the entire Sacred 2 Folder. Use CCleaner to clean the cache and check the registry for errors. Fix the errors then clean the cache again. Now you may install Sacred 2 2.65 performing an integrity check and then run the CM Patch 160.

Go into the Sacred 2 Gold root folder and find the Launch Sacred 2 application. Right click on the icon and go to properties. Have the program checked under Shortcut/Advanced to "Run As Administrator." Also, in the Shortcut Target Field, after "D:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe" add: -nocpubbinding -skipopenal. It should then read:  "D:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe" -nocpubbinding -skipopenal

Then, also in the root folder, find s2gs.exe and have it set to "Run As Administrator" just as you did for the Sacred 2 Launch application.

Additionally, be sure that any firewall/antivirus/anti-malware programs allow Sacred 2 an exception and are not impeding its functionality. Check Windows Defender for any messages regarding blocked features or services related to Sacred 2.

3 hours ago, JollyRogers said:

The only anti virus is win defender.

The patcher terminats with the message attached.

In fact, the physxExt.zip is not changed ... after the (not completed) patch procedure 10.210KB
...it should be after install the v160it 57KB
During deinstall v160 the message below appeares...not found graphic25.zip
Maybe this file will be installed with v160

That's why I think the patch is not completely installed.

cm160_ patch error.jpg

cm160_ patch deinstall error.jpg

Uninstall the game, remove all registry entries. Than reinstall the game, but this time to a folder NOT located C:\Program Files (x86). If you have another hd (or ssd), install to this drive. You can use an external drive, if you like. The reason is, that in the $path-directory (erverything system-related, including programs and such), windows is pretty strict. Follow this rule: NEVER install games within C:\Program Files (both x86 and x64 variant). After that, apply the CM Patch.

3 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

It is best to completely remove the game and make certain to delete the entire Sacred 2 Folder. Use CCleaner to clean the cache and check the registry for errors. Fix the errors then clean the cache again. Now you may install Sacred 2 2.65 performing an integrity check and then run the CM Patch 160.

Go into the Sacred 2 Gold root folder and find the Launch Sacred 2 application. Right click on the icon and go to properties. Have the program checked under Shortcut/Advanced to "Run As Administrator." Also, in the Shortcut Target Field, after "D:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe" add: -nocpubbinding -skipopenal. It should then read:  "D:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe" -nocpubbinding -skipopenal

Then, also in the root folder, find s2gs.exe and have it set to "Run As Administrator" just as you did for the Sacred 2 Launch application.

Additionally, be sure that any firewall/antivirus/anti-malware programs allow Sacred 2 an exception and are not impeding its functionality. Check Windows Defender for any messages regarding blocked features or services related to Sacred 2.

Then you are using Windows 10, it is not necassary to set the "sacred2.exe" and "s2gs.exe" to "Run as Administrator". Windows 10 itself sets this on first launch. There is a compatibility check done and Windows applied these changes itself. At least in the german version of Windows 10 and I don't think, it differs in other languages.

So..after some testing and complete new installation of Win10

Sacred2 I&B 2.65.1 installed and playable

Start the cm-enable will show the same error message as befor, but the installer runs through and don't interrupt with an error!!
Sacred 2 run now with the CM160 :)

One question to all the hints and tricks mentioned in the post above:
What does it happend for the cm-enable if the s2gs.exe or sacred2.exe run as admin? The installer shows an issue ... Sacred2 itself run as expected.

thx to all :bow:

BR
Herbert

Good morning!

Just found a tiny "bug". 

The skill "Spell Resistance" has Spell Resistance +X%. Since the CM, the value of Spell Resistance is shown in the inventory screen. The shown value is changed correctly when changing items which have Resistance +X%. However, the value doesn't change when the skill "Spell Resistance" gets rised, despite providing higher Resistance +X%.

All in all, I think it is just a bug in the displayed value, so I believe it is working, though.

have a nice day!

On 28.12.2017 at 2:55 PM, JollyRogers said:

So..after some testing and complete new installation of Win10

Sacred2 I&B 2.65.1 installed and playable

Start the cm-enable will show the same error message as befor, but the installer runs through and don't interrupt with an error!!
Sacred 2 run now with the CM160 :)

One question to all the hints and tricks mentioned in the post above:
What does it happend for the cm-enable if the s2gs.exe or sacred2.exe run as admin? The installer shows an issue ... Sacred2 itself run as expected.

thx to all :bow:

BR
Herbert

Great to hear, that it is working now.

Older software should NEVER installed within the path C:\prgram files or C:\program files (x86), because there are some limitations on read/write permissions, even if the user account has full admin rights. Why? Simple, the username is not Administrator:) Sounds silly, but it is the case. At setup, there is a hidden admin account created (not usable, you can not log in to that account), that is always called, if an action requiers full admin rights (via UAC). Most older software can not work within this environment. But if you install the Software somethere else (say C:\Games), the limitations mentioned above do not interfere.

The installer sets "Run as Administrator" flags for the files s2gs.exe and sacred2.exe. This is due to compatibility issues, as the the game was originally designed for Windows XP. In XP, every software installed has full admin-rights, because the default account on the pc was always an account with full admin rights. Vista changed this with the UAC (User Account Control - this PopUp with "Are you sure to allow this" for everything). So, to let the game run smoothly, it needs full admin rights. As Sacred 2 was NEVER designed as a single player game, but has an offline single player, there is a server emulated everytime you start the game. The sg2.exe IS in fact the gameserver engine. Therefor, to let the game run at first and let it run smoothly at second, the gameserver itself needs full admin rights.

So, the installer tries to set the needed flags for the files but Windows 10 itself set these flags at first start of Sacred 2. If the installer finds the flags set already, there goes a call to windows to inform the user "Flags already set, nothing to do here". Why Windows 10 tells you this in the way it does? I don't know :dntknw: Maybe the gyus from redmond can tell you, but I doubt that. It is possibly, that this "error" comes due to some legacy compatibility back to good old Windows 95 or even DOS. Maybe it is some other thing. Maybe it is... a file with bad karma or high sun activity :4rofl:Ok, seroius, I just don't know, why Windows acts like this. Only thing I can tell you: It acts like it does.

4 hours ago, Roderick said:

Good morning!

Just found a tiny "bug". 

The skill "Spell Resistance" has Spell Resistance +X%. Since the CM, the value of Spell Resistance is shown in the inventory screen. The shown value is changed correctly when changing items which have Resistance +X%. However, the value doesn't change when the skill "Spell Resistance" gets rised, despite providing higher Resistance +X%.

All in all, I think it is just a bug in the displayed value, so I believe it is working, though.

have a nice day!

I just tested this with a level 75 blank toon and I can confirm it. There are no changes in the tooltip with the increasing points in the skill, nor is any change with skill mastery, and there's no value shown in the sigma list either. So basically having it or not doesn't show any alterations, which makes me ask if the skill is actually working or not.

Also, not sure if bug or feature: 

Good day, gentlemen.

Yesterday, me and my friend were playing tha game for straight 12 hours, so the following happened, while we were enjoying ourselves:

1. The entire HUD randomly disappeared. To fix this I switched off to the big map and back. But again, it only worked sometimes.

2. The mini-map, if selected with the wheel button in the big map, is stuck in the place in certain locations. So far, I encountered this bug near the High Elf Tower and near Tylisium. The bug is, you can't move it with the mouse.

3. The character becomes self-aware. My Shadow Warrior executed his combos himself and moved also by himself, without me pressing any button.

4. Sometimes the game stops recognizing the mouse all together. It definitely is not the mouse's problem, we checked it.

5. Encountered a freeze during teleport.

6. The combos are still wonky. SOmetimes, SW will just chase the archers, completely ignoring everything around him, and the dragon's fireball will hit the wrong place alltogether. Sometimes, he will stop attacking mid-combo.

9 hours ago, Androdion said:

So basically having it or not doesn't show any alterations, which makes me ask if the skill is actually working or not.

I think the skill is working.

The confusion is caused by an improper term selection in property names and value descriptions. The "Spell Resistance" stat, the "Spell Intensity" stat, the "Spell Resistance" value from the  "Spell Resistance "skill and the "Damage" value from the "Ancient Magic" skill are all used in the same convoluted final Spell-based CA attack success formulae:

v11 = sCreatureCalc::recalcSpellResistance(v26);
          v12 = sCreatureCalc::recalcSpellIntensity(v27);
          v13 = cBalanceMgr::getBaseCrossCheckChance(v12, v11);

v14 = (**(int (__thiscall ***)(_DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD))v27)(v27, 97, 19, 0, 0); - Ancient Magic Skill
          v15 = (**(int (__thiscall ***)(_DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD))v27)(v27, 97, v24, 0, 0);
          v16 = (**(int (__thiscall ***)(_DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD, _DWORD))v26)(v26, 97, 23, 0, 0); -  Spell Resistance Skill

v17 = v13 * (v14 + v15 + 1000) / (unsigned int)(v16 + 1000); - final success chance

9 hours ago, Androdion said:

Also, not sure if bug or feature: 

I'd think, it's more like 50%-50%, when dual wielding.

55 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I'd think, it's more like 50%-50%, when dual wielding.

No, it's not 50-50. I have tried killing champions by spamming single combat art, there is a very noticeable and significat difference : if you put in right hand the weapon of your level and in left hand a 1st level gray weapon, then flip weapons - at 30 level it's 3 hits to kill champ vs 7-8 hits.

Hey D, so what you're saying is that both the "breaking resistances" bonus of Ancient Magic as well as the "resistance to spells" from the Spell Resistance skill are calculated during combat damage calculation, and aren't presented in a fixed manner at the character's screen? Makes sense, and I'll take your word for it on those game code functions.

Regarding dual-wielding, it's not 50-50 not 75-25 nor anything else. Damage of the weapon-based Combat Art is calculated based solely on the primary weapon, as are the damage types. Try dual wielding two weapons with two different damage converters and it's immediately noticeable. Now my question is just this, is this the vanilla behaviour or has something changed with 1.60 in that respect?

PS: I answered my own question.

So I rolled back the CM Patch and tried the same configuration in plain old I&B, and the results are the same. I could've done it from the get go, maybe some wires got burnt during the holidays or something. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Edited by Androdion

Another thing we found today...

Not sure if bug, though. When in multiplayer, my friend can teleport to new captains' teleports from any point of the map, while I, the host, can't do this, unless I'm speaking directly to the other captain.

UPDATE:

Sorry, people, false alarm. The problem was on my side, I fixed it now.

Edited by SiegfriedCalibur

2 minor bugs that I've encountered in game:

a) small(weak) health potions do not stack moving between silver / gold (drop & pickup does not work)

b) the grand inquisitor Nimonuil still does not show up in the last enemy list after kill.

Edited by jwiz
On 9.1.2018 at 10:17 AM, jwiz said:

b) the grand inquisitor Nimonuil still does not show up in the last enemy list after kill.

I can confirm this, also holds for the Arch Mage at Celioth's Tower (when defeated with a High Elf at the beginning of the Shadow Campaign). The reason for this may be that you have to talk to them before they actually die.

Yes the reason its because they don't count as a kill.  You defeat them, but then the quest "kills" them.  I guess this is the only way they could script "final words" for a character that's killed in a quest.

Xanthiar stopped fighting for me too when he reached 50% of his hp. I think it has been reported but not sure if redid/fixed.

Dryad level 25 Light Path Silver

Edited by desm

The Carnach either hasn't shown much resistance. He only gave a couple staff attack at melee, one new spell I think, (fire cloud?), but other than that he did nothing for all the combat, not even summoning a minion

On ‎11‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 4:47 AM, Flix said:

I guess this is the only way they could script "final words" for a character that's killed in a quest.

They could have turned the taskcreature attackable after those though, just like Hegiman. There was absolutely no need to kill them scriptwise, save for some melodramatic effect.

On ‎11‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 9:11 PM, SiegfriedCalibur said:

Two bosses locations - General Terus and Gahanka both caused crashes every time they are killed. Gahanka was killed three times, every time the game crashed, until I managed to sneak a Quicksave.

Terus crashed immediately after his defeat.

Windows App Log entries, please.

3 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Windows App Log entries, please.

These two are the most common ones. My friend encountered three in 15 minutes yesterday:

Spoiler

Имя журнала:   Application
Источник:      Application Error
Дата:          11.01.2018 21:01:46
Код события:   1000
Категория задачи:(100)
Уровень:       Ошибка
Ключевые слова:Классический
Пользователь:  Н/Д
Компьютер:     Tsunderella
Описание:
Имя сбойного приложения: sacred2.exe, версия: 2.65.2.0, отметка времени: 0x4be45a9b
Имя сбойного модуля: s2logic.dll, версия: 2.65.2.0, отметка времени 0x4b27a305
Код исключения: 0xc0000005
Смещение ошибки: 0x001eba2d
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0xdf8
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d38af0a563c962
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Games\West\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: D:\Games\West\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2logic.dll
Код отчета: 7c8c931b-f6f9-11e7-a051-e8b555ad1fcb

Spoiler

Имя журнала:   Application
Источник:      Application Error
Дата:          11.01.2018 18:06:44
Код события:   1000
Категория задачи:(100)
Уровень:       Ошибка
Ключевые слова:Классический
Пользователь:  Н/Д
Компьютер:     Tsunderella
Описание:
Имя сбойного приложения: sacred2.exe, версия: 2.65.2.0, отметка времени: 0x4be45a9b
Имя сбойного модуля: s2render.dll, версия: 2.65.2.0, отметка времени 0x4b27a363
Код исключения: 0xc0000005
Смещение ошибки: 0x0027f154
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0xe2c
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d38accb2c36ba9
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Games\West\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: D:\Games\West\Sacred 2 Gold\system\s2render.dll
Код отчета: 08e1cc10-f6e1-11e7-a051-e8b555ad1fcb

Also, on the next bug topic.

- Characters, who rely on CTRL button to stand still and fight, like Dryad, seem to have a huge problem with the controls. The game abruptly stops recognizing any input from either mouse or keyboard alltogether. I tested it without pressing CTRL - it was working fine.

Update on previous bugs:

- Unable to teleport manually from any point of the map to new teleport captains. Not in single nor in multiplayer. My friend, however, can do it flawlessly. From my previous experience, you was able to teleport only through other ship captains, so... it does seem like a bug.

- About character self-awareness and dissappearing HUD - FIXED, the problem was on my end.

- The combos are indeed VERY wonky. Dragon Mage's dragon strike sometimes doesn't work at all, or disappears off screen or doesn't hit the target. Shadow Warrior, while executing his Frenzy-Sweep-Blow combo, ingnores targets and again goes for archers or stops attacking mid-combo.

4 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Interesting - looks like bonus state application function. Do you actually use the patch as is, or did you try merging it with EE v1.50? 

I did a complete clean install from the scratch, then installed the patch, then merged it with EE mod, like Flix instructed in his thread. EE is Enhanced Edition, right? If so, it was the newest, 1.60 version.

I've just killed Gahanka. No crash. The s2render.dll CTD looks memory management specific. Did you use multiple craracters, or just the Dragon Mage? Did you utilize a specific set of CAs?

[EDIT] Killed Gahanka with a Dragon Mage - Dragon Strike attack. No crash. 

[EDIT] So, it's the EE after all. It is my educated suspicion, that the EE drop tables for these two fellows, contain some non-existent blueprint.

Edited by dimitrius154