Community Patch 160 Bug Reports

Not sure if it's a bug or not, though it seems to be.

The special mount of the Mentalism branch on the Dragon Mage, Ethereal Draconicon if I'm not missing the proper naming, is improving the regen time on the CAs even more than when I'm on foot. It has a penalty to all CAs of around +52% and a boost to the Mentalism branch of -40%, so while riding it my CAs should take longer to regen whereas they take lesser time than on foot. I had a different Draconicon before and it was working correctly so maybe that one is bugged? Worth taking a look I guess.

3 hours ago, Androdion said:

It has a penalty to all CAs of around +52%

The penalty to all CAs should be 33%, the bonus to Mentalism is 40%. Therefore, Mentalism CAs would regenerate faster.

Edited by dimitrius154

20180318203641_1.thumb.jpg.0651f286440df1860c88e56266ca64c6.jpg

Both Draconicons I used, the other being the one with all channel armour bonus, have the same tooltip. The other one works like on the tooltip whereas this one doesn't, and if it's supposed to be "+33% to all CAs" then more than one thing is wrong.

40 minutes ago, Androdion said:

if it's supposed to be "+33% to all CAs" then more than one thing is wrong.

Nah, I was mistaken about that. On the other hand - the Mentalism bonus should supposedly be 66,9%, not 40% judging by the bonus entry.... A cap would not produce a round number. I think, there's an incorrect static description value in place.

Edited by dimitrius154
5 hours ago, Androdion said:

I had a different Draconicon before and it was working correctly so maybe that one is bugged? Worth taking a look I guess.

In the end, the GUI representation is correct, as is the diminishing return curve. The exemplary calculation steps are as follows:

1. A CA takes 100 seconds to reload on foot.

2. The Draconicon "+ All CA Regen Time" value of +53,2% yields 153,2 seconds.

3. The Draconicon Mentalism bonus of -40% regen time applies as (100 - 40) * 153,2 = 91,92 seconds. That's lower than on foot.

No bugs at all.

I don't think I'll ever understand the math in this game! :D

I was under the impression that it was a simple adding system (CA regen time + penalty1 - penalty2) and that only when the Riding skill was high enough that both penalties would equate, but I guess I've been wrong all this time. The other Draconicon I've used is the Savage Draconicon which has a much lower regen time bonus and according to that formula the numbers do make sense, so yes no bug then.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ladies and gentlemen, I don't know if I have a bug but it's strange: I did a fresh toon with cm0160 (SW Light Silver) and in Sloeford I'm missing two quest givers (at least, haven't checked more).

Maybe I'm just badly awaken. What do you think? Also a french forumer asked me if drop rate was increased in cm0160 because he was full gold/legendaries at level 10 (that's why I did my SW, to test). Impossible isn't it?

sacred2 2018-04-13 09-21-35-19.jpg

sacred2 2018-04-13 09-26-44-73.jpg

Hey Desm. I've played the same exact alignment over the past few months and never noticed those quest givers missing. Those are the ones for Ancaria Airline and the quest where you rescue the women and children from the Kobold (Happy Farm or something like that). They've been always there in my runs so I'm not sure what's happening there.

As for the drop rate, I don't think so. Full gold/legendaries at level 10 makes it seem like something is off.

Yes I totally agree, I don't understand what's going on indeed. I noticed too that my Sacred 2 Gold shortcut hadn't anymore the compatibilty boxes chacked ("execute as admin" for example) and I had a crash of Sacred 2 game client at game launch too. These are very rare indeed (never happened practically) :wacko:

I tried an Inquisitor, the same. And I noticed too that the Sloeford runemaster doesn't give me any runes as reward now for freeing his son Zaman. My installation hasn't changed but I'll try to reinstall the game to see if it fixes something..

edit: crap, don't want to reinstall it, will see that later...

Edited by desm
1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

All these symptoms mean that quest.txt, or(and) questscripts.txt are modified, badly(HDD corruption, perhaps).

hmmm, you frighten me Dimitrius, I'll check my HDD because the files haven't been modified, by me at least.

1 hour ago, Androdion said:

Curiously enough I've started an Inquisitor recently, hopped into Gold just yesterday and had no issues like that. It's a weird thing indeed...

Never saw that either, I'll see what I can do and let you know guys, thanks.

Well, I've reinstalled cm0160hf (on top of the currently installed one because the uninstaller didn't work, just saying that Sacred 2 is already installed and closing). Hopefully it fixed the problem. Don't know what happened. Anyway thank you guys and you Dimitrius for pointing me the faulty files.

All is ok now thanks.