Community Patch 160 Bug Reports

• 3 months later...

Thank you very much for your work. Sacred 2 is much more enjoyable thanks to this patch.

The Dragon Mage is able to stack buffs indefinitely. You do this by activating the buffs while in Berserker or Dragonform and either cancel the form yourself or just wait till it runs out.

The buffs activated during the Berserker/Dragonform are not disabled this way.  I messed around for a few hours stacking the Familiar buff for the +intelligence +experience +castspeed and +cd reduction which made Gust of Wind pretty powerful as you can imagine.

If you sell a stack of runes you are only able to buy back a single rune. All other runes in the stack are lost.

These are just some wishes of mine.

Is it possible to add a key combination to move items quickly between the inventory and the stash?

It would be nice if the game actually told you when you missed an attack. Like a simple "Miss" instead of a damage number so that you know that you missed because of your stats and not due to the enemy not being in range or lag or something.

The last one is a bit stupid but whatever...

There is a statue of a dual wielding High Elf ingame :) ... But the playable High Elf does not have access to the Dual wield skill. I want this skill for my Magic Coup High Elf.

As awesome as it would be I do not actually expect you to take this request seriously haha.

( Please do it!!! Just add it as a primary offensive skill next to Sword Weapons, Magic Staves and Tactics Lore. I'll keep a skill slot free in the meantime. )

Edited by Lienhard
3 hours ago, Lienhard said:

The Dragon Mage is able to stack buffs indefinitely.

Yes, that issue had only been resolved during the Addendum development.

If you sell a stack of runes you are only able to buy back a single rune. All other runes in the stack are lost.

Same as with any other stackable item ingame. Not really a bug, just the way the original devs programmed the trading interface.

But the playable High Elf does not have access to the Dual wield skill.

It's because they never included dual-wield animations for the High Elf. Those from the Dryad almost fit, but there're mesh distortions, and I was not inclined to invest time into fixing those animations. So, unless some person proficient in 3DSMax animation editing shows up, this item is not being entertained.  

6 hours ago, Lienhard said:

I found another thing playing the High Elf.

If I use Showstep with the Vanish modification while in Cascading Shroud the character stays transparent as if the invisibility were still active.

Sometimes it happens that when mounted your mount gets semitransparent as well. Try going back and forth on a portal and you should be back to your visible self, as far as I can recall that was enough.

As for it being a bug, I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

31 minutes ago, Androdion said:

As for it being a bug, I have no idea how to troubleshoot it.

The invisibility property deactivation has a peculiar check(kind of incorrect, IMHO). Anyway, I've just had that issue fixed in the Addendum, hopefully.

18 hours ago, Androdion said:

CM Patch 1.60 is final, it won't undergo any further changes. As there were differences of opinions during development Dmitriy continued his work in the form of his Addendum, which features further fixes and personal alterations. So in short, no. If in the future some agreement is reached there could be a CM Patch v1.70, but that's something that isn't guaranteed to happen. Still, the amount of work made on 1.60 has made it the (in my opinion) most complete iteration of the CM Patch so far.

Who knows what the future reserves though...

Oh I see. Thanks for your explanation.

Just getting back to Sacred 2 after a long absence; did not have a decent gaming pc until a couple of months ago. After a lot of hair pulling, I finally have it installed with latest CM patch. The patch would not install over the Steam version; kept getting a "Unable to delete XXX dll" message (something Steam related). Tried installing the GOG Galaxy version and got a similar "unable to delete such and such dll" (something Galaxy related). I finally installed the offline version from GOG, and the CM patch then worked.

The game worked well for quite a few hours, but am now starting to get the infamous old CTDs again.  I can sometimes  play for several hours without one, and sometimes get them every few minutes.

I have the physx box checked, and am running on Windows 10 with an nVidia GTX 1070 with latest 398 drivers.  Are we supposed to be able to run physx with the latest drivers, or is some kind of workaround with ancient physx drivers required? It's kind of frustrating; this is the same thing that happened back on my old Windows 7 machine. Constant creep saving because you never know when the game will crash.

I'm going to try and see how long I can play with the physx box unchecked, and see if that makes any difference. Back in the day that only helped a little bit, I hope that is not still the case.. :(

2 hours ago, CapnTucker said:

The game worked well for quite a few hours, but am now starting to get the infamous old CTDs again.

Would you, please, post the sacred2.exe error log from Windows Logs -> Applications?

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

Would you, please, post the sacred2.exe error log from Windows Logs -> Applications?

I have no idea how to do that in W10. I tried going to the event log and applications, but nothing happened when I typed in sacred2.exe.  

Edited by CapnTucker

2 little things (among other ones to see if it can be reported and if you have in mind guys maybe a CM Patch 0170...):

*Edited A little bug with the Dralkcib Protection shield: the shield I have in hands doesn't match the icon Dralkcib Protection on Wiki )

1534167266-sacred2-2018-08-13-14-56-51-0

*Although sometimes (more annoying), when I farm the Nameless Guardians, the 2 last ones doesn't activate and therefore can't be defeated, happened often, don't know if someone else has this problem.

Edited by desm

The itemtype.txt from the Addendum(which is based on CM 1.60) has the correct entry from the item model - "models/shields/d_demonshield01.GR2". Which means the patch itself should be fine. Not sure about EE.

Can't say anything about NG's. Looks like an AI + quest stage problem. Is anyone else encountering that?

Edited by dimitrius154

no sorry, my bad, I had the wrong shield equiped in fact, just switched it temporaly, had forgotten. It looks good. But the Nameless Guardians bug remains of actuality.

12 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

That's strange. Right Click on My Computer Icon -> Computer Management -> Event Viewer -> Windows Logs -> Applications -> Find "sacred2".

There is no My Computer icon. In Windows 10 you have to right click on the Windows logo in lower left corner of screen. Find comes up with nothing. I did finally locate the errors by scrolling down through the application list. Here is the latest one:

sacred2.exe

4be45a9b

sacred2.exe

4be45a9b

c0000005

00026ede

1e18

01d432d6f87f27a4

E:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe

E:\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe

60bc0999-8357-49a8-ba49-1ab61666b4d4

Here's another version of it:

Application: sacred2.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: exception code c0000005, exception address 00426EDE Stack:

I looked at all the sacred2 errors at the different times the game has crashed, and the exception code and address are always the same.  

Edited by CapnTucker
9 minutes ago, CapnTucker said:

There is no My Computer icon.

Ahh, yes. I keep forgetting it's not enabled by default and has to be enabled in Personalization. Anyway, I suggest a complete uninstallation of the game as well as removing options.txt. This is no typical dll error, but a general issue memory allocation fault. Shouldn't be happening.

5 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Ahh, yes. I keep forgetting it's not enabled by default and has to be enabled in Personalization. Anyway, I suggest a complete uninstallation of the game as well as removing options.txt. This is no typical dll error, but a general issue memory allocation fault. Shouldn't be happening.

Figures. An error that shouldn't be happening. What is options.txt, and where is that located? Also, if I uninstall/reinstall and continue to get the same error, what then? 

Just now, CapnTucker said:

What is options.txt, and where is that located?

It's a game options file in text form. Located at C:\Users\"your_username"\AppData\Local\Ascaron Entertainment\Sacred 2.

3 minutes ago, CapnTucker said:

Also, if I uninstall/reinstall and continue to get the same error, what then? 

We'll see. Complete uninstallation implies game folder deletion as well.

By the way, were you playing with a  fresh, or a legacy character?

2 hours ago, CapnTucker said:

Figures. An error that shouldn't be happening. What is options.txt, and where is that located? Also, if I uninstall/reinstall and continue to get the same error, what then? 

You'd be surprised at how many times users have reported "bugs" with CM Patch 1.60 just because they didn't do a clean reinstall or haven't bothered to start a new character. I've played a few hundred hours with it and even then I could barely reproduce a CTD, so yeah grab all the help the folks here are willing to hand you ok?! 

@desm @dimitrius154 - I've never been stuck with the Nameless Guardians not activating, though once or twice they didn't. Nothing a reload couldn't fix though. And I'm the guy doing Guardian runs for loot! :D Probably some remnant of a file misbehaving mates.