Community Patch 160 Bug Reports

On ‎3‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 11:43 PM, jwiz said:

why does Viperish Disease show diminishing damage values for higher levels?

8 hours ago, jwiz said:

Why does the 'Thoughness' skill still roll on Dryad gear, even though she can't use/skill it? (sry, lost the inventory pic here)

I'll be collecting notes on the bug issues for now. Unfortunately, I can't get promoted to St. Ignatius, so I can't split in two. Accessing and implementing mount trinkets takes the priority for now.

• Appreciation 1

As I recall there was a similar issue of "Absorption Of Warding" on gear of characters without that as an available skill. I believe that was to be corrected as well. I would like to also point out that for the High Elf, all too often modifiers that involve weapons-based damage appear on armor, while only Delphic Arcania would benefit from a Combat Art/Weapons hybrid. Therefore, a Mystic Stormite or Arrant Pyromancer too often have selections of armor which possess modifiers such as "Chance For Critical Hits" and "Chance To Disregard Armor" which cannot benefit their play-style.

Just now, Hooyaah said:

similar issue of "Absorption Of Warding" on gear of characters without that as an available skill. I believe that was to be corrected as well

It was, did it myself. It's all about character mask being applied to the bonus in question.

6 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

"Chance For Critical Hits" and "Chance To Disregard Armor" which cannot benefit their play-style.

That's not true. Critical Hits are effectively random increases in damage, while a chance to disregard armor is a chance for a non-mitigated damage against an opponent. Both boni work for spell-based damage.

6 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

That's not true. Critical Hits are effectively random increases in damage, while a chance to disregard armor is a chance for a non-mitigated damage against an opponent. Both boni work for spell-based damage.

Thanks for the fix! Could you elaborate further on your clarification, as a previous discussion here indicated the opposite. I have spent countless weekends collecting rare "yellow" Diamond armor sets for the High Elf in all three color designs. I intend to upload them, as it is almost impossible to get a set of such armor otherwise. What makes the job extra difficult is that I am attempting to have the armor separated for characters who specialize as a Mystic Stormite, Arrant Pyromancer, and Delphic Arcania. The problem is finding armor for the former two without weapons-based modifiers.

3 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Could you elaborate further on your clarification,

Hmm, I see, 3rd post, right. I've changed so much, I no longer recall, what's in the 1.60 Patch, and what's in the Addendum(should've been the Patch, but we quarreled). The issue should be most certainly not be present in the Addendum.

8 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

The problem is finding armor for the former two without weapons-based modifiers

You can expect all kinds of issues, IMHO. I'm still discovering bits, here and there, that can only lead to one conclusion. There was NO coherent team management in Ascaron. Total chaos... That they've been able to release a playable game is a, for a lack of a better word, miracle.

• Like! 1
On 4/7/2019 at 7:41 PM, dimitrius154 said:

Hmm, I see, 3rd post, right. I've changed so much, I no longer recall, what's in the 1.60 Patch, and what's in the Addendum(should've been the Patch, but we quarreled). The issue should be most certainly not be present in the Addendum.

You can expect all kinds of issues, IMHO. I'm still discovering bits, here and there, that can only lead to one conclusion. There was NO coherent team management in Ascaron. Total chaos... That they've been able to release a playable game is a, for a lack of a better word, miracle.

Yes, like how I am still trying to figure out how and why several of the exact same item can, and often does, drop when you kill an NPC. Or why you can randomly run up onto the top of tents OR spawn on top of the "save towers". Or how some glowing, clickable boxes don't actually open when you click on them and then have no locked icon (Seraphim Island comes to mind here). We won't go into the weirdness of NPC AI.

5 hours ago, thejynxed said:

Or why you can randomly run up onto the top of tents ...

Yeah, even NPCs do that. Encountered it the other day in 'Schwarzeichen' in the human area where an NPC calmly walked up the side of a trader tent and down the other side again.

IMO that's typical for some polygon border line having just more than 1 pixel width, so it becomes an (unnoticable) area that wasn't blocked for entry. 

14 hours ago, jwiz said:

Or why you can randomly run up onto the top of tents …

Does not seem to be a logic issue, but rather a world editing issue(some sectors have been erroneously left walkable), just like floating items in Blood Forest. This can't be fixed unless our colleague Pesmontis manages to release the world editor he's been working on.

Well, you see it quite a bit in caves too, enemies spawn on top of the cavern walls or even up in the "black" border area and then run in to attack when you pass (mostly, sometimes they are stuck where they spawn). Pillar of Light and similar spells can take them out still. Warning: Assaulting Somersault will get you stuck in the wall sometimes if you try getting them that way.

As for NPC logic weirdness: The red dragon in the desert area will sometimes (very rarely) fly away off of the screen, never to return if you are killing it too fast. Over the course of many fights I have come to believe it is scripted to fly to the edge of the hotsprings area (the entrance path) at a certain percentage of health lost, where it turns and fights you. This does not always happen as I think it'supposed to, and if you have tweaked your zoom settings to go way out like I did, it's sort of funny to watch it fly away over the mountains and despawn (I have killed this particular dragon using Soul Hammer in less than five seconds and if I don't get it dead before it is supposed to land is when I see it just keep on flying). 

Edited by thejynxed
On 1/19/2019 at 11:32 AM, desm said:

I have a weird behaviour with my Seraph when she attacks while mounted. Is there a way (file modification, ...) to prevent this please Dimitrius or Flix if you pass by there. Thanks.

1547919054-mount-bug02.jpg

I can reproduce this.  It happens when using Soul Hammer with 2h swords while mounted on the Tiger.  Either an animation is missing, or the definition is wrong, or both.  Will see about fixing it.

When doing  the Seraphim Class quest, it turns out the quest "Children and Demons 2" already shows the Demons before even talking to the bad father or bad mother.

After you killed those two and talk to the "child" (portraited as a demon), you see the cloud and hear the sound of the transfiguration, however, since the demons are already showing as demons, nothing changes.

It sort of kills the quest, as the entire quest was set up as the Seraphim coming to rescue children being punished by the two bad parents. Showing demons instead of children, is taking away the surprise and the entire clue of the quest.

Can this be fixed so we have the children again before the transformation, please?

Thorin :) 

On 4/18/2019 at 9:20 PM, Flix said:

I can reproduce this.  It happens when using Soul Hammer with 2h swords while mounted on the Tiger.  Either an animation is missing, or the definition is wrong, or both.  Will see about fixing it.

That looks like a death animation is being applied instead of the mounted attack animation.

9 hours ago, thejynxed said:

That looks like a death animation is being applied instead of the mounted attack animation.

I tested it and strangely enough, the animation is "correct": she leans forward and swings her sword.  The animation must be oriented wrong or something though because she flips onto her side while performing it.  I've just replaced it with a different sword swing animation.

9 hours ago, Flix said:

The animation must be oriented wrong or something though because she flips onto her side while performing it.

Since I'm reworking the "_zw" animations for the restored "Fist Weapons" skill anyway, this issue will be fixed. Seems like one of the dual-wield unmounted Seraphim animations is broken as well. The right hand weapon gets disconnected and floats away.

Hmm, they DID have a testing crew at Ascaron, didn't they?  

19 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

Since I'm reworking the "_zw" animations for the restored "Fist Weapons" skill anyway, this issue will be fixed. Seems like one of the dual-wield unmounted Seraphim animations is broken as well. The right hand weapon gets disconnected and floats away.

Hmm, they DID have a testing crew at Ascaron, didn't they?  

That's something I have not noticed, what I have noticed however, is that lightsabers absolutely will eventually lose their blade textures and animation and regress to using the same sounds as Ancrid's Blade and Smoking Demon if you play a very long play session, say 6+ hrs. It fixes itself if you swap weaponsets a few times.

Possibly related: Sometimes during long play sessions characters can and will cease to perform either manual attacks or non-spell CAs, solving this requires a restart because this is absolutely a sign that something has gone wrong in memory allocation and you're heading for a CTD. Temporarily you can remedy it by again, swapping between weaponsets a few times (5 or 6 times), and if it happens you should get out of any combat you're in ASAP, save and restart.

Edited by thejynxed
44 minutes ago, thejynxed said:

That's something I have not noticed, what I have noticed however, is that lightsabers absolutely will eventually lose their blade textures and animation and regress to using the same sounds as Ancrid's Blade and Smoking Demon if you play a very long play session, say 6+ hrs. It fixes itself if you swap weaponsets a few times.

I've also noticed some generic longswords making lightsaber sounds when picked up or moved around the inventory.  I've also heard some breastplates making potion sounds in the same situations.  I never noticed this before CM 1.60.

4 minutes ago, Flix said:

I've also noticed some generic longswords making lightsaber sounds when picked up or moved around the inventory.  I've also heard some breastplates making potion sounds in the same situations.  I never noticed this before CM 1.60.

Some throwing potions also will make the lightsaber sound if you pick them up and move them around in your inventory. Some staffs also do it, with certain others using the same sound as energy guns.

50 minutes ago, thejynxed said:

Some throwing potions also will make the lightsaber sound if you pick them up and move them around in your inventory. Some staffs also do it, with certain others using the same sound as energy guns.

I remember dealing with the issue. Some items(and item Subfams) don't have entries in soundprofiles.txt, and by some digital logic quirk are assigned some random item sound group. 

@dimitrius154  Do you have insight in the formula that makes Damage Mitigation stack without diminishing returns?  It seems like an oversight given that it's not that hard to find the bonus (often for all channels on a single piece) and stack it up to 100%, effectively granting damage immunity.  If it had diminishing returns like most other percentage modifiers it might be much easier to balance the game.

I had a similar thought about Leech Life from Opponents %.  It's designed in such a way that even a tiny amount takes great big chunks of health off of even bosses, killing them with a fraction of the hits and time that it would take without that one modifier.  I don't know if it's scaling with enemy hitpoints or what.

1 hour ago, Flix said:

I had a similar thought about Leech Life from Opponents %.  It's designed in such a way that even a tiny amount takes great big chunks of health off of even bosses, killing them with a fraction of the hits and time that it would take without that one modifier.  I don't know if it's scaling with enemy hitpoints or what.

Well, if you're hitting for 1% of the total HP and it's 100k you're leeching 1k, but if it's a million HP then you're leeching 10k. That's per hit, and if you happen to have a multi-hit CA then the boss goes down really fast indeed. Given that by later Platinum the Nameless Guardians are already verging on 1 million HP and that the strongest one goes a bit over that value then even 1% can make a huge difference. For what is worth though, against regular mobs the modifier isn't very helpful because their HP is much lower. From experience it only gives benefits in later Platinum/early Niobium, and even then it depends on what you're hitting since many mobs still have low HP in those difficulties.

I really don't see a way to balance it without effectively changing the modifier's original purpose. I do like the idea of damage mitigation stacking with diminishing returns in terms of balance.

Hey

I have a question. Now the runes stack up to 99 how can I change them at the runemaster?

He will not take the stacked ones. How can I re-stack them to change the runes:)

Thanks and good work to keep Sacred alive

• Like! 1
11 hours ago, Flix said:

Do you have insight in the formula that makes Damage Mitigation stack without diminishing returns?

The final damage calculation apples the modifier in a (1 - mitigation/100) * 100 * final_damage form. Can't really see, why a diminishing return needs to be applied. The modifier rarity and values should be adjusted instead. I mean, a cumulative 100% Physical damage mitigation shouldn't even be reachable by any combination of items.

11 hours ago, Flix said:

It's designed in such a way that even a tiny amount takes great big chunks of health off of even bosses

It's damage dealing part works just like Viperish Disease. There's a reason, why it's considered a Unique/Legendary level modifier.

• Thanks! 1