Community Patch 160 Bug Reports

8 minutes ago, Flix said:

How did you come by 8?

I've deduced the mechanism from our German colleagues old notes and field experimentation. 'releasestage' a binary mask. The 4-th bit to the left has turned out to be the Single Player.

1 hour ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've deduced the mechanism from our German colleagues old notes and field experimentation. 'releasestage' a binary mask. The 4-th bit to the left has turned out to be the Single Player.

Interesting. What does releasestage 11 do then?  All of the quests marked as such are ones that were said to be singleplayer-only on the Wiki and forums.

2 hours ago, Flix said:

This is fixed in Enhanced Edition.  "enemy_frostball" is missing a duration parameter so the slowing debuff lasts until reload.

I'm running Enhanced Edition 2.3 and I got it twice so far randomly, I could replicate 1 of them. If you are slowed and go into a cave, the slow will stick around.

51 minutes ago, Flix said:

What does releasestage 11 do then?

Singleplayer, LAN - Campaign, LAN - Free.

By the way, releasestage = 8 is also available for LAN - Campaign(once per difficulty, trying to use a SP character to cheat won't work)

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2019 at 4:43 PM, jwiz said:

Why does the 'Thoughness' skill still roll on Dryad gear, even though she can't use/skill it? (sry, lost the inventory pic here)

Hadn't this been fixed already in previous patches?

Pic now enclosed.

Toughness rolls on this Dryad chest armor consistently.

hero_chest_sacred2_2019-04-07.png

I think I finally managed to track this down to the 'hero_chest_spiked_fight_normal/magic/rare/(junk)' chest armor set.

This armor set is shared by various local heroes in the game and rolls bonusgroups 599=BGA_chest_fight_normal, 600=BGA_chest_fight_magic, 601=BGA_chest_fight_rare

The magic bonusgroup 600 includes the bonus 504 = toughness which gets rolled on the Dryad armor too, even if she can't use it.

The normal/rare bonusgroups 599 + 601 dont include the toughness bonus, so they should be okay.

Strangely, the 'hero_chest_spiked_fight_rare' armor entry seems borked too, as it doesn't have bonusgroup 599, but bonusgroup 615 instead, which does not make sense as this is the bonusgroup 'BGA_foot_normal'

Weird, I can't seem to get a firm grip on this:

If I look into itemtypes.txt,  then I find 4 itemtype entries for the dryad standard 'iron' set:

5646, n_dryade-iron-torso.GR2

8559 n_dryade-iron-torso.GR2, surface "dr-iron-torso-var1_n" (normal variant?)

8560 n_dryade-iron-torso.GR2,  surface "dr-iron-torso-var2_n" (magic variant?)

8561 n_dryade-iron-torso.GR2, surface "dr-iron-torso-var3_n" (rare variant?)

If I compare that with the entries in blueprint.txt for 'hero_chest_spiked_fight' chest sets, then I find that the referred itemtypes are:

5646 on the 'normal' var

8559 on the 'junk' var , 8561 on the 'magic' var

10104+10105 on the 'rare' var, which are 'crystal' torsos in the itemtypes.txt

P.S.:

what's more even more weird is, that the 'hero_chest_spiked_fight_normal' variant also rolls toughness on the Dryad, even though according its bonusgroup, it shouldn't at all.

P.P.S.:

I've set the minconstraints = 1,0,0 (= junk level) for hero_chest_spiked_fight_normal/magic (id=1275/1274), but still any kind of boni roll on the chests.

Seems that the constraints are getting totally ignored.

Edited by jwiz

So, according to itemtype.txt the Dryad standard 'iron' chest is classification = "CLF_CHEST_SPIKED".

In typification.txt I can see that this classifiaction is connected to bonusgroupID = 208, which is  "Ybga_chest_spiked" in blueprint.txt with bonuslist = { 121,359,600,602,}

Bonus nr. 121, 600, 602 are related to further armor, but nr. 359 is SB_addskill_DEF_toughness, which is why all these iron armor sets roll toughness, it seems.

Why is that in the "Ybga_chest_spiked' bonus group at all?

Shouldn't the toughness roll be only decided by the attached bonusgroups to the "hero_chest_spiked_figh"t armour?

I'm going to remove bonus nr. 359 from "Ybga_chest_spiked" for now.

Edited by jwiz
  • Like! 1
58 minutes ago, jwiz said:

Why is that in the "Ybga_chest_spiked' bonus group at all?

There's a work ethics principle most commonly described, if I'm not mistaken, by a phrase "Haulin' arse, gettin' paid". Some  of the esteemed Ascaron developers have obviously taken this principle to heart.

• 3 weeks later...

I have just started playing Sacred 2 after a hiatus and I really love the many wonderful changes in the patch and addendum. I noticed something surprising. My character may now, with the bargaining skill, purchase unique items in addition to the rare items previously available with the bargaining skill. I didn't notice this mentioned in the change log. Was this amended recently to allow such rare item purchases? By the way, I also appreciate the readjustment of prices to something more reasonable. Thanks mod team!

12 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

I have just started playing Sacred 2 after a hiatus and I really love the many wonderful changes in the patch and addendum. I noticed something surprising. My character may now, with the bargaining skill, purchase unique items in addition to the rare items previously available with the bargaining skill. I didn't notice this mentioned in the change log. Was this amended recently to allow such rare item purchases? By the way, I also appreciate the readjustment of prices to something more reasonable. Thanks mod team!

This is part of Dmitriy's mod.  Unique, set and legendaries also have an additional randomized bonus, apparently.

The ability to purchase the unique items is rather novel. I don't believe that it was originally intended to be so in the development stages of the game. I'd like to know what to amend and in what file in order to change it back to as it was before. I may not be able to purchase unique items, but I believe that I prefer the way it was before this particular change was made to the patch. Alas, I know that it's impossible to please everyone.

:dntknw:

• Appreciation 1

Not to worry.  You'd want to just use the Generic Mod Enabler to roll back (disable) the Addendum portion.

The Addendum is, well, not exactly "official" CM Patch material.  A lot of it is stuff we couldn't agree about.

• Like! 1

I will have to uninstall everything and reload it all again. There are no actual installation instructions, so I just installed the patch then ran the addendum by unzipping it into the folder. What I'd like to see is an "Official Community Patch Installation" thread. The process is simple if one simply wants the Community Patch. Still it's unclear if the Elite Textures "Trimmed" needs to be zipped into the pak folder or not and if it's not done that way and the GME is used will if interfere with the Unclothed Female Players Mod. I'm sure that others find the process a bit daunting and the more help we can offer interested people up front the more Sacred 2 players we will enjoy.

I understand how the GME works, as I've cobbled a couple of Mods together myself. I was not hesitant and zipped the Elite Textures Trimmed version right into the pak folder. I knew that I never wanted to disable them with the GME. Still, Mods should go in after a clean installation followed by the patch and then the addendum if desired. As I intended to mention and playing a bit of a "devil's advocate" here, it's very time intensive to read through the entire change logs and, especially for the newcomer, hard to know which to choose if you want the best quality and most "Vanilla" experience. :dntknw:

Not many members are going to read each post thoroughly in every thread related to the patches and the change logs in order to determine what they feel fits their needs best. I was only suggesting a simple thread that would break it all down easily and simply so that members here can just quit reading sooner, install what they want, and play the game without much of an inconvenience. :Laie_68:

My heartfelt appreciation goes out to Flix and Dimitrius154 for all the countless hours they spent on achieving the Patch's completion. Even though their visions were a bit different on how the game should end up patched they worked through it all equitably and negotiated something so momentous that even very few optimists might have expected it possible. JC_clap.gif I have truly experienced what I feel the original intent of the game was and it's wonderful. :resp:

• Appreciation 1

Sorry, I'm not at my best today so I must've missed what you really wanted. :dntknw:

Anyway, if what you're talking about is a "how to" guide on running the game for first timers I agree it's a good thing, but when it's basically install game->install CM 1.60->copy-paste HD textures I think it's pretty straightforward already. But if you guys think a short sticky detailing that info would be helpful then I'm game. :thumbsup:

• Respect! 1

That's indeed what I meant and perhaps I will put that together in a reasonable period of time. Something easy to find that's simple, step-by-step, succinct, and enables the user to easily determine what they prefer, get the task done, and play the awesome game already. :JC_hurrah:

• Respect! 1

Steve, it kind of sounds like you don't need install instructions, but rather someone to tell you what to install in the first place.

1. Sacred 2 Gold - install as normal
  2. Community Patch - double click the cm-enable.exe file
  3. Elite Textures Trimmed  - there's no reason to use Generic Mod Enabler for this, just dump the zip files in the pak folder
  4. Clothes-less mod is not going to conflict with elite textures, since the textures aren't packed into zip files

That's all you need.

If you want to take it to the "next level" you could choose one of these:

These two are mutually exclusive:

Sacred 2 Enhanced Edition - about 50% fixes, 40% quality of life changes, 10% "just cause I felt like it" changes (art, etc.).

Dimitrius's CM Patch Addendum - about same ratios as above as far as content, but with very different personal touches.

I seems that only Androdion knows what I am trying to say. I have already installed the game and it works fine but I didn't like the optional addendum. I will be reinstalling without it in the morning. I am ninety percent finished creating an installation guide for they who are less knowledgeable and want simple directions that help them install the game best suited to their personal tastes. I will post it tomorrow. Thanks for the above information Ben, I will use it, with your permission.

Also, unless I am mistaken there are still some values in the options.txt file that need changing, is this correct?

Thank you, Ben. Apart from anything else, are still some values in the options.txt file that need changing by users manually? Also, just to clarify, either the Enhanced Edition or the Community Patch Addendum may be zipped into the Sacred 2 root folder after the Community Patch. Is this correct?

43 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Thank you, Ben. Apart from anything else, are still some values in the options.txt file that need changing by users manually? Also, just to clarify, either the Enhanced Edition or the Community Patch Addendum may be zipped into the Sacred 2 root folder after the Community Patch. Is this correct?

These two mods should be installed using the Generic Mod Enabler.  The reason is because they both overwrite several game files and using the Mod Enabler allows for easy enabling/disabling without having to reinstall everything.

Options.txt needs only this line changed:

autoCollectRadius = 230,

This is just a cosmetic correction to make the auto-collect graphical circle match the actual radius (which was increased in CM Patch).

Any other tweaks would up to the user's discretion.

• 3 months later...

Following the Addendum thread on attribute/CA skill points I wonder, if in the next patch the 'Ancaria Airlines' quest should be modified to give attribute points only.

The additional CA skill point(s) seem op to me and also easily cheesed in game by mode switching.

Edited by jwiz
  • 2 months later...

I`m not sure if it was right to make a thread instead of only commenting, so please delete it if it`s unwanted.

Some of the mobs flee the map, presumeably to Skyrim. This is an issue insofar that it makes targeted killquests occasionally incompleteable. The bug itself is quite rare.

On 11/21/2020 at 2:40 AM, Sign said:

I`m not sure if it was right to make a thread instead of only commenting, so please delete it if it`s unwanted.

Some of the mobs flee the map, presumeably to Skyrim. This is an issue insofar that it makes targeted killquests occasionally incompleteable. The bug itself is quite rare.

Updated. The bug is minor (annoying), not game disabling. I'd just like to know if there are a few lines that might fix it quickly. Edit 2: it is not a rare issue.

Edited by Sign