Community Patch 160 Bug Reports

23 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

I've just killed Gahanka. No crash. The s2render.dll CTD looks memory management specific. Did you use multiple craracters, or just the Dragon Mage? Did you utilize a specific set of CAs?

[EDIT] Killed Gahanka with a Dragon Mage - Dragon Strike attack. No crash. 

I killed Gahanka with Dryad before. No crash.

Then I killed him with Shadow Warrior. Three crashes. Killed Terus with the same character. Crash. Utilized Frenzy-Blow combo on both.

My friend was playing Dragon Mage in MP with me as the host. Traversing Blood Forest near Invisible Labyrinth. Three crashes in 15 minutes.

Seems random somehow.

Edited by SiegfriedCalibur
50 minutes ago, dimitrius154 said:

Could be blueprint.txt. It's enough to change a single droppable entry to provoke an on-death item drop procedure crash.

I can't find any typos.  Plus typos in blueprint.txt result in items being wiped clean of bonuses.  

So you think a drop list entry is pointing to a non-existent blueprint ID?  The only additional items in drop.txt are the 4 unique damage converters, and they're all accounted for.

1 minute ago, Flix said:

So you think a drop list entry is pointing to a non-existent blueprint ID? 

The aforementioned crashes are obviously caused by some on-death event. They don't seem to occur with the patch itself, just EE. The on-death events are: experience gain, kill counter update, loot drop. The last one looks like the most promising candidate.

On 12/16/2017 at 0:20 AM, Hooyaah said:

Greetings fellow Sacred 2 Enthusiasts, this it the place where we would appreciate comments regarding any of your problematic or bothersome experiences playing the Completed Community Patch 160 (not the Beta, please). If you have any inexplicable glitches such as failed quests for no reason, missing or incorrect items, or things designated as changed in the release notes that do not appear to be present as expected, please address them here. Thank you in advance for staying on topic, so as to make it easier to respond to any reported issues promptly. Your assistance in helping us to improve your gaming experience is appreciated.

I cannot install patch 160 it says"cannot delete target file".What can I do?Plz help.The community patch 150 installed fine(this is the version I have enabled).

Edited by Robbio44

You should uninstall 1.50 with its own uninstaller first, then you can install 1.60 and it should work fine. If you have the game installed in a system directory (program files or that sort of folder) you should install it somewhere else. If nothing works out try a clean install of the game followed by the installation of 1.60 to see how it goes.

• Thanks! 1
8 hours ago, dimitrius154 said:

The aforementioned crashes are obviously caused by some on-death event. They don't seem to occur with the patch itself, just EE. The on-death events are: experience gain, kill counter update, loot drop. The last one looks like the most promising candidate.

Well, I just killed Gahanka 20 times and I couldn't provoke a crash.  If I can't reproduce the bug, I'm not going to be able to troubleshoot it.

On 15.01.2018 at 6:21 AM, Flix said:

Well, I just killed Gahanka 20 times and I couldn't provoke a crash.  If I can't reproduce the bug, I'm not going to be able to troubleshoot it.

Actually had a crash during game exiting to desktop, so maybe this is not a EE issue after all. The following mistake...

Spoiler

Имя журнала:   Application
Источник:      Application Error
Дата:          16.01.2018 16:27:27
Код события:   1000
Категория задачи:(100)
Уровень:       Ошибка
Ключевые слова:Классический
Пользователь:  Н/Д
Компьютер:     Tsunderella
Описание:
Имя сбойного приложения: sacred2.exe, версия: 2.65.2.0, отметка времени: 0x4be45a9b
Имя сбойного модуля: mss32.dll, версия: 7.2.6.0, отметка времени 0x49efbdd2
Код исключения: 0xc0000005
Смещение ошибки: 0x00039821
Идентификатор сбойного процесса: 0x17c4
Время запуска сбойного приложения: 0x01d38ebbd67fb88f
Путь сбойного приложения: D:\Games\West\Sacred 2 Gold\system\sacred2.exe
Путь сбойного модуля: D:\Games\West\Sacred 2 Gold\system\mss32.dll
Код отчета: fe47c38d-fac0-11e7-a051-e8b555ad1fcb

Other more specific bugs:

- Spiders near Whispering Forest (including Shelob) seem to completely ignore Poison Resistance. Tested this with and without relics, with and without Ancient Bark  - the damage stays consistently the same, only physical gets mitigated. Not only that, it looks like they ignore Dodge as well, since every hit counts, while I have nearly 60% from Reflexes and equipment.

- Solved, my mistake.

18 minutes ago, Flix said:

It's poison damage over time.  Use green potions, or modifiers that give "Damage over time: Poison -X%".  Those are your protection against DOT.  Also Spell Resistance.  And since it's a spell, so you can't evade it.

Great post, some of the most useful info against those infurating spiders... very scary in HC when you're frozen and trying to break free 

I remember hunting so much with those spiders in the area, and those DOTS were just insane

22 hours ago, Flix said:

It's poison damage over time.  Use green potions, or modifiers that give "Damage over time: Poison -X%".  Those are your protection against DOT.  Also Spell Resistance.  And since it's a spell, so you can't evade it.

Ah, I see. I've been playing for years, and I still didn't know that those were dots. damn me. Thanks, Flix.

Another set of bugs:

- The Quest Witching About immediately disappears upon giving the raven nuts and clicking on the quest point on the World Map. Also disappears from the Log as well.

- Freeze upon exiting to the volcanic island north of Gates of Artamark.

- I did another fresh install from ground zero and the problem with the Ship and Air Balloon portals still persist. I tried to instal 1.50 and then 1.60 upon it. No results. My friend can teleport flawlessly, while I, for the life of me, can't do it at all.

Addendum:

-->When reaching kobold camp, the quest Witching About is completed, however, it's still missing from the Log.

- Another freeze encountered, while teleporting. When checking memory consumption, it reached 95%. I have 8 gigs, by the way.

Please forgive me for writing in Russian, I have very bad English!

Обнаружил ошибку, играя за Dragon Mage в облике Dragon Berserk. Игра вылетает на рабочий стол, когда активирован Protector. При этом не имеет значения активирован ли какой-нибудь другой бафф. Более того, когда используются (даже одновременно) Familiar и Runes of Protection, такой ошибки не наблюдается. В обычном облике таких проблем так же не наблюдается.

In English (google translate): Found out a mistake, playing for Dragon Mage in the guise of Dragon Berserk. The game takes off to the desktop when the Protector is activated. It does not matter if any other buff is activated. Moreover, when using (even simultaneously) Familiar and Runes of Protection, such an error is not observed. In the usual form of such problems are also not observed.

version: Sacred 2 Gold 2.65.2 + Community Patch 0160

Theanks!

8 hours ago, Androdion said:

Maybe you have some kind of malware on your pc? I don't think Sacred 2 can ever use that much memory, though I'm not 100% sure.

I HIGHLY doubt it, since Sacred 2 is the only game that behaves like this, ALWAYS behaved during memory leaks. Interesting fact, though, it appears, that the consumption reaches higher and higher, as you teleport or explore dungeons (changing locations).

Just yesterday I encountered two freezes, one in two hours, but then I was able to play for another three hours straight, without freezing or crashing. The ONLY way to counter this was to limit the memory physically myself, by changing all parameters to 1 in options.txt. Then I can play for 5-6 hours flawlessly. This is a very old fix, but it does wonders.

Elite textures are still a nightmare, by the way. Continuously crashing every 20-30 minutes. So yeah, this is certainly not a malware, but a game's problem.

5 hours ago, SiegfriedCalibur said:

I HIGHLY doubt it, since Sacred 2 is the only game that behaves like this, ALWAYS behaved during memory leaks. Interesting fact, though, it appears, that the consumption reaches higher and higher, as you teleport or explore dungeons (changing locations).

Just yesterday I encountered two freezes, one in two hours, but then I was able to play for another three hours straight, without freezing or crashing. The ONLY way to counter this was to limit the memory physically myself, by changing all parameters to 1 in options.txt. Then I can play for 5-6 hours flawlessly. This is a very old fix, but it does wonders.

Elite textures are still a nightmare, by the way. Continuously crashing every 20-30 minutes. So yeah, this is certainly not a malware, but a game's problem.

What I find extremely weird is that you're having memory leaks at all. The fact that you mention 95% of 8GB of memory allocated in-game also baffles me because users have for years reported crashes and instability when the game allocates less than 2GB, so if the game crashes with such a low amount in comparison how can it run when it's using that much? Know what I mean?! I've been running the game with PhysX and Elite Textures ever since 1.60 development began and I can run it flawlessly, though each specific system will have variations of course. What I'm trying to say is that it seems like the problem is solely on your end and not a problem caused by the game or the patch malfunctioning.

As a side-note I never had PhysX crashes during the development fase of the patch, but after installing a new driver version I can have a random CTD due to a specific PhysX library, though it has happened I think a couple of times in a month and a half where I've been playing almost on a daily basis. So mileage does vary, but all things indicate that the problem should be in your system somehow.

Just now, Androdion said:

running the game with PhysX and Elite Textures ever since 1.60 development began and I can run it flawlessly, though each specific system will have variations of course.

This:badbad:After installing patch 1.60, I didn't do much exploration, but I have run full campaign 3 times for 3 different charaters + created and played with 4 other characters for a long time without a single crash, freeze, whatever(more over-  I do not use physx from the patch, instead I am running game with it's native physx - leaves, rocks and such clutter)! And before 1.60 patch my game was constantly frozen.

So, Евгений, you are either having problems with your system/drivers - maybe you are using Windows 8/10(I am using Windows 7 myself) or you are visiting some specific and problematic areas...

Do you have any problems during campaign?

Edited by lacr

Windows 7 x64 here. It's not an area related issue as well since I'd always get crashes on the Cursed Forest with PhysX turned on and now I don't. In fact the last couple of days I've been doing the Cursed Forest with my Dragon Mage Mentalist and I've done more than enough to crash it without any luck. There's this part when you reach the field of the Constructs where you have these small "charging stations" that heal the Constructs right? I've gone to the point of rallying 30 to 40 constructs around two of those, which heal each other so I can't kill anything in that spot, and started casting Energy Blaze over and over again. You can imagine the load it was on my system, to the point that my frame rate went to hell and that never happens in this game. Smooth as silk.

So in short, yes I'd argue that it's a system specific issue.