High Elf tips for a new player

Jacek

Hi guys - this whole multiplayer thing is really dogging me ;)

Im already 6 - 7 hrs into the game and time is what I do not have these days shall I restart in multiplayer for reason given above or given I can download some items is it ok to proceed in singleplayer?

2 hours ago, Jacek said:

Hi guys - this whole multiplayer thing is really dogging me ;)

Im already 6 - 7 hrs into the game and time is what I do not have these days shall I restart in multiplayer for reason given above or given I can download some items is it ok to proceed in singleplayer?

I play Single Player and use Multiplayer for shopping. If you need to play a quest for a special reward you may jump into Multiplayer any time and play it over and over at your character's current level. Stay with what you are doing and when you finish the game do it over again!

:thumbsup:

• Like! 1

I dont think its a big issue. u can get one shield of mirrors in every difficulty level and the rest doesnt really matter. that shield might not even be the best choice for u, because u can make use of the blockchance close combat modifier when u have shield lore.

I like to to repeat this quest in singleplayer http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:The_Arena_Above_the_Clouds

And I like the option to be able to play the campaign with other players, if there are any.

• Thanks! 1

Going slowly but steadily :) clvl 12 and on silver.

but I wouldnt be myself if I hadnt a few questions ;)

First...the font...is there something simple and safe I could do to make it...readable ?

Second, my pyro elf is so...slow. I mean she runs slow casts slow spells are slow...its like all in slow motion. with stats equipment will it improve?

Cheers :) 

5 hours ago, Jacek said:

Hi :)

For crystal skin what woul work better:

Feel cold or Focalize?

Back in the Diablo 2 and TQIT day reduced res worked wanders :) is it the case in Sacred 2? 

I agree. "Feel Cold" is best if you are only using the Mystic Stormite Aspect to provide Combat Art damage to your opponent.

• Thanks! 1

Back home after xmax eve supper - playtime now :)

We watched again Frozen hence this whole Ice elf question. I was having a heated discussion about HEs with my wife's bro who bascially said fire elf rulz end ice sux and my daughter after watching Elza got hellbent on an ice elf ;)

We have an ice elf now clvl 15 and she is cool-looking with crystal skin on. We got our first buf suit with crystal skin, skill +6, the base skill is at 1.

We have: stormite lore 10, stormite focus 10, concentration 1 for the 2 buffs and armour 1. what shall we pick at clvl 15 and 18? Delphic arcania focus and Ancient magic seem a must.

Thorns got frost and devastation.

Still 2 points left to mod other CAs but we have no idea what to mod now. We use nimbus a lot. 

Is there any priority for ice HE to mod CAs? the mod points don't seem to be abundand :( 

Btw, ice elf looks cool but is she a dead loss

EDIT: what would be the quickes way to unlock modification points for CAs? if there is any...

cheers :)

Edited by Jacek
  • Like! 1
1 hour ago, Jacek said:

Back home after xmax eve supper - playtime now :)

We watched again Frozen hence this whole Ice elf question. I was having a heated discussion about HEs with my wife's bro who bascially said fire elf rulz end ice sux and my daughter after watching Elza got hellbent on an ice elf ;)

We have an ice elf now clvl 15 and she is cool-looking with crystal skin on. We got our first buf suit with crystal skin, skill +6, the base skill is at 1.

We have: stormite lore 10, stormite focus 10, concentration 1 for the 2 buffs and armour 1. what shall we pick at clvl 15 and 18? Delphic arcania focus and Ancient magic seem a must.

Thorns got frost and devastation.

Still 2 points left to mod other CAs but we have no idea what to mod now. We use nimbus a lot. 

Is there any priority for ice HE to mod CAs? the mod points don't seem to be abundand :( 

Btw, ice elf looks cool but is she a dead loss

EDIT: what would be the quickes way to unlock modification points for CAs? if there is any...

First, you should add Armor Lore for protection and to reduce regeneration time by lowering the armor penalty. Indeed, then you do need Delphic Arcania Focus (add a few points until you can modify Grand Invigoration for Mystic Stormite Expertise) and then Ancient Magic (just stay at the one point for now). Keep investing evenly the balance of all of your points into Mystic Stormite Lore and Focus and keep them at your toon's level. When you get more points to invest in another skill choose Armor Lore until you master Mystic Stormite Lore, Focus, and then Armor Lore.

I like to modify Raging Nimbus first so that I can off mobs of Kobolds and level up faster. I go for Wrath, Roar, then Cyclone (you can extend Raging Nimbus and other C.A.s with Glacial Defender, Nlovae's Mystery. etc). Next you will want to be prepared to off Bosses quickly so tweak Glacial thorns with Frost/Devastation/Fusillade. Let me know if you good folks need any more tips. Merry Christmas! :christmastree:

Did you name your High Elf Elsa? :happy:

• Thanks! 1

Raging Nimbus wil be useful troughout the whole game or just as a levelling tool in the beginning? Does it dmg stack? How short do u keep regen time on it?

So, Wrath pays off better in the long run then Hurricane - it's better to get %ice dmg then increased hit rate?

You're right about armour - now I've noticed this regen penalty- thanks :)

Btw, we were going for a staff for lore purposes but now it turns out a 1hander + shield for all the sockets would be better.

Raging Nimbus, the way I outlined it above will be useful the whole game, just keep the actual working regen time to under 1.5 - 1.6 seconds. Nlovae's Mystery is my choice and used with Glacial Defender will increase your CA range. I like Gogo's build but I prefer my own, as I place Frost Flare,* Glacial Thorns, Raging Nimbus, and Expulse Magic in combos by themselves (seriously, please try this out). They regenerate faster and are more effective when used for the enemy type being confronted at any given time.  Combat Discipline after Spell Resistance and Shield Lore will help with adding damage and further reducing regen time.

*Check ot this video:

• Like! 1
46 minutes ago, Jacek said:

Thank u guys :)

Btw, is there a chance / way to name my HE? I dont recall seeing any option to do that ...

It's kind of hidden. On the create screen, the class name appears in the upper right. You can click on that and type in a name.

• Thanks! 1

I completely missed the name box then :(

Btw, @Hooyaah - I just saw the amazing vid...pretty awesome.

So u have 1 CA in 1 combo slot? I dont like using combos I prefer CAs in osolation

2 hours ago, Jacek said:

I completely missed the name box then :(

Btw, @Hooyaah - I just saw the amazing vid...pretty awesome.

So u have 1 CA in 1 combo slot? I dont like using combos I prefer CAs in osolation

Then if you place the one CA by itself in the "solo combo" it's more powerful and regens faster too. Try it!

:wow:

This is what I am going to do - place one CA in one cocmbo slot - thx :)

Btw, @Hooyaah - could u please write down what CAs u got and what mods?

I don't have much time these days unfortunately so restatring a toon several times is not an option I'm afraind which is why I as so many questions ;)

Hmm...I downloaded gogo's toon and I do not get some of his choices:

- cascading shroud: why not mist - it offers greater % reduction?

- crystal skin: why not mystic stormite expertise for the huge regeneration time reduction?

- grand invigoration: life energy? and why not replenish for better regen?

- shadow step: why explosion? small healing might be better...?

- expulse magic: why banish dead? dmg seems to be small. pentagram looks to me more appealing defence-wise? really perplexing. 

I barely know this game which is why I ask :) 

but some of the choices...I really do not get them.

I would appreciate it if u could please offer some explanation.

11 minutes ago, Jacek said:

- crystal skin: why not mystic stormite expertise for the huge regeneration time reduction?

- expulse magic: why banish dead? dmg seems to be small. pentagram looks to me more appealing defence-wise? really perplexing. 

FWIW, it might be better to ask these questions in that thread.

• Thanks! 1
31 minutes ago, Jacek said:

Jacek, as lujate suggested you could pose the above questions in Gogo's thread. I don't know precisely why he made those particular choices, but I posted a High Elf Build here and it contains explanations addressing the whys and wherefores of the build. You may download a blank High Elf character and test the build out yourself.

• Thanks! 1
18 hours ago, Jacek said:

Thank u guys :)

Btw, is there a chance / way to name my HE? I dont recall seeing any option to do that ...

Jacek, when you create the character from the beginning and select light/dark campaign, deity, and character class at the top where it indicates which character class you can backspace High Elf and type in a name. Alternately, you may change the name using the character editor tool. I always save a backup file of my character in case something wonky happens when using the character editor. You may wish to do the same.

• Like! 1
  • The title was changed to High Elf tips for a new player