High Elf tips for a new player

Jacek

NYE spent with flu at home grinding at Sacred2. Cannot remember the last time I played that much....addiction, therapy... :(

The 3rd boss also went down surprisingly easy and quickly with GT.

We are now clvl 46 I guess and we have only MS lore and Focus maxed.

DA focus is at 9ish hard points just enough to have all 3 mods on GI.

Rest of points unspent as we were unsure what exactly do / which route to follow.

All skills +32 now...all CAs only +2.

We have some chance to halve items and without even knowing it we noticed we have it already at 22,2% :)

We got some nice drops btw, like glaciar defender but currrently we are using Nolvae Staff ilvl 50 and Shield of Mirrors ilvl 33.

I got two really good itemsbut the game crashed and they were not saved :( Atramak or something amulet with a very nice all res was one of them :( 

tough luck :)

Now we will be rushing to finis Silver.

I did not realize this game is so huge...atm levelling a little at swamp...

Cheers :)

@Hooyaah: Yeap...could be a good idea to make a separate thread :) So, if u want to, please feel free to do so...it would also clear up the tips thread ;) 

Cheating thread...or rather a thread about cheating :)

Edited by Jacek
4 hours ago, Jacek said:

NYE spent with flu at home grinding at Sacred2. Cannot remember the last time I played that much....addiction, therapy... :(

The 3rd boss also went down surprisingly easy and quickly with GT.

We are now clvl 46 I guess and we have only MS lore and Focus maxed.

DA focus is at 9ish hard points just enough to have all 3 mods on GI.

Rest of points unspent as we were unsure what exactly do / which route to follow.

All skills +32 now...all CAs only +2.

We have some chance to halve items and without even knowing it we noticed we have it already at 22,2% :)

We got some nice drops btw, like glaciar defender but currrently we are using Nolvae Staff ilvl 50 and Shield of Mirrors ilvl 33.

I got two really good itemsbut the game crashed and they were not saved :( Atramak or something amulet with a very nice all res was one of them :( 

tough luck :)

Now we will be rushing to finis Silver.

I did not realize this game is so huge...atm levelling a little at swamp...

Cheers :)

If you have the CM Patch 160 properly installed you shouldn't have any problem with the game crashing. :dntknw: Also, if you look again at the character build that I posted or one of the other builds for a High Elf you can get some ideas as to where to invest your skill points. You need to spend them and properly or you will be playing at a disadvantage. You may get another Artamark's Star in the downloads section.

• Like! 1
5 hours ago, Jacek said:

@Hooyaah: Yeap...could be a good idea to make a separate thread :) So, if u want to, please feel free to do so...it would also clear up the tips thread ;) 

Cheating thread...or rather a thread about cheating :)

Thanks, Jacek! I moved some key portions of this conversation to a new thread above.

• Thanks! 1

Cool - not the tips thread has been cleaned up :) Thank you :) 

I know the pain of collecting sets - we are collecting Faladal's and we are missing boots. all is ilvl 40ish I guess aside from chest which is ilvl 60 and pants...ilvl 15 damn it :explode:

But still I prefer to kill and wait for drops rather then simply download it but knowing me I will download it as my patientce is slowly but steadily running out ;) 

I also got 2 pieces of some other HE MS set...frozen gems :) chest and head...looks awesome :)

I wander which one of the two would be better in the long run? 

Yeah...I know...she is really hot...my wife checked her out today and got all jealous :) well, tbh, my wife caught me checking my HE out when zoomed in alll the waaay ... ;)

I need to get my hands on some cool-looking 2h staff...lore u know ;)

We hit clvl 50 and maybe we will take combat discipline for the small regen and big dm bonus :)

For Frost Flare we think Freez for some really good CC.

For Raging Nimbus maybe we go Extended Nimbus for the radius...its already 7 seconds long but we could definitely use more area covered. We like to stay still, cast nimbus around to aggro mobs and when they rush at us we GT them.

Mobs are approx. 4 - 5 levels above us, the scorpions in desert and some zombies in swamps giving minor problems. I.e. hurting us slightly.

The scorpion boss went down surprisingly easy too, 3 casts of GT...or 4 maybe.

EDIT: 

We need a piece of advice from the lore point of veiw:

What 2h staff would u recommend for our HE? 

We went through the 2h staves on sacred wiki and there are at least a few contenders...

Although 1h staff / shield may be more optimal we also prefere fun and this pleasant to look at thing...2h staff in you're humble opinion suits our HE way better.

And 2 more things:

1. Cascading shroud - Mist seems to be the winner for me hands down, or is there something I do not get?

2. What would be a better choice for a ring: +2 all skills, +20% physical dmg vs +3 sll skills, +20% spell intensity?

Generally: physical dmg % vs spell intensity %?

Edited by Jacek
3 hours ago, Jacek said:

Yeah...I know...she is really hot...my wife checked her out today and got all jealous :) well, tbh, my wife caught me checking my HE out when zoomed in alll the waaay ... ;)

I need to get my hands on some cool-looking 2h staff...lore u know ;)

That's when you say something like, "Babe, check out the wicked ink on my character. That body art would look so hot on you!" :lol:

I prefer Cyclone for Raging Nimbus, as enemies keep running into their icy tombs and the power stacks so the damage is just plain bonkers. I increase Combat Art Range with modifiers. For Frost Flare I prefer Freeze, Frost, and Perpetuity. But hey, this is your girl at the ball, so dance with her your way.

Two-handed staff, huh? Well, for something to hold and twirl with cool modifiers I'd go with Shadow Weaver. Besides the cool modifiers, it for sure matches that outfit she's totally rocking.

:agreed:

• Like! 1
16 minutes ago, Hooyaah said:

Babe, check out the wicked ink on my character. That body art would look so hot on you!

I will definitely try that tomorrow in the morning :)

Btw, I edited the post just when your answer came in...could u please take a look again...about %physical dmg vs %spell intensity and faint vs mist in CS...

Btw, I got some shield and 1h staff thatc together give approx. 25ish % chance to halve regen time :)

But this will be of more use in later difficulties I guess...now I will go with lore and this good looking thing ;)

The next boss went down....easily :)

This is a really fun character :)

I usually focus most on increasing ice damage any way I can. Crystal Skin at Gold level allows for Frosty Breeze for more ice damage and you may find this modifier elsewhere like jewelry. Physical Damage is good in order to increase the power of Glacial Thorns (for boss killing) and I do use some item modifiers to boost it but still, I focus most on increasing overall Ice Damage, for that's what our Mystic Stormite does as her specialty. Do invest primarily in the attribute Intelligence now that you have Constitution for protection. Intelligence will increase the Spell Intensity and Damage and you may wish to use items with that modifier as well. For Cascading Shroud I recommend Mist, Inconspicuous, and Steam. I wrote a bit about how to modify Cascading Shroud to be a permanent Buff here. In order to see her well yourself as you play the game you would have to turn off your Buff Display in settings.

• Thanks! 1

cool - I will have to disable the buff display, I didnt notice it ... watching her without crystal skin...:devil:

Crystal skin and GI I have modded exactly as u guys advice :)

The part about cascading shroud I believe it is not included in your original guide in the guide section...

Atm Im running with GI and CS and left Concentration at 1 pt...so for the time being CS is good as it is but once Concentration is mastered I will certainly amend the file to have it as the 3rd buff....

So - I guess I will stick to +3 skills/+20% intensity rings.

Tbh, I like her better in the other set, Gems, so if it is possible to have her with unvisible buff...well...we are farming the Gems set from now on :)

cheers :)

I think that you would have more fun playing without Cascading Shroud as a permanent buff. None of the enemies can detect you at all when its fully modded properly and it's much less challenging. Also, when you turn off your buff display you have to be careful as you may forget to activate your buffs and not notice until you are surrounded by scorpions. Yikes! :eek:

My best advice is to have fun playing the game while making it your own.

• Like! 1

Which is why I prefer atm to play it as it is, with CS not as permabuff :) tbh, on silver no need for this whatsoever. 

Just beat the last bosses and made it to Gold...it was like...well...take a candy from a baby... :)

I just facetanked them and the whole fight was under 60 sec... I am a little disapointed :( 

Will it be more challenging in Gold? Shall I rush to Platinium? Any tips for Gold please? 

Or do we take some time to farm a little...damn Faladal boots just refuse to drop...only 3 pieces from Gems dropped :(

Now,  went to see my doc as the flu won't subside and she said im in no condition to go to work whatsoever and gave me a sickl leave untill friday :cool: but I am in a good enough condition to sit in my pajamas and sleepers with a cup of hot theraflu in front of computer and grind :tongue2: back to office next monday :bye:

Now I will do a few guardians runs on silver as they did drop some green stuff and maybe I will get those boots ...:evil:

EDIT: we have +61 to all skills now, +6 to all CAs and...60+ skillpoints unspent...only MS lore and focus at clvl... :) 

Edited by Jacek

I'll be damn...

This is what I call RNGesus...

First try in multiplayer...the guardians....under 60 seconds and....faladal finese ilvl 60... :)

And we were grinding so much for it....we finished silver at clvl 56.

It gets more challenging in Gold, yes, but just wait until you get to Niobium and it gets very much so. With your build you should prevail. That notwithstanding, invest your skill points now as it will help you in Gold. It's fine if you want to rush to Niobium but completing quests will help get those drops that you have been waiting for. Perhaps you could spend some time doing quests in Gold until you get some sweet drops and then push toward Niobium.

• Thanks! 1

We plan to master constitution 3rd and Ancient Magic 4th.

The only thing that is getting to us is this DA focus...we got just enough hard points in it to fully mod GI but there are still two cool CAs in which we can clearly see the potential - Expulse Magic and Shadow Step, but this only for bronze Phase Shift...

Now...with everyone asleep I will do several quick guardians runs ...maybe some iems from Gems will drop or this cool 2H staff u recommended :)

20 minutes ago, Jacek said:

Is there any danger to eating too may runes for Cascading Shroud? Or can I safely hit 199 spot?

Just watch the regen. 

I know it's theoretically possible for seraphim Divine Protection duration to exceed the cool down, but I don't know about Cascading Shroud.

• Thanks! 1

I have a few skill levels from memorizing runes and s few from items and  the value cooldown  and regeneration time seems to be fixed and doesnt go up while I eat runes or get bonuses from equipment.....

When you get 100% Chance to Halve Regeneration Time it forgives eating too many runes. Still, you don't get much more effect from Cascading Shroud if you eat more than the highest level without penalty so I usually keep it there.

Is there any trick to unlock Platinium fast guys? 

In Gold, what mainquest bosses / other bosses would u recommend for farming equipment?

In silver, guardians + mentor pot = insane experience in matter of seconds but equipment has poorer stats then in Gold :( 

So we will be farmin guardians for experience and eq in Gold :diablo:

And we r just discovering amazing utility of shadow step :)

Edited by Jacek

Hmm...this is weird:

I was using faladal gloves ilvl 60 socketed with 2 yellow rings (each ring giving +3 all skills) . And the gloves were showing bonus of +8 to all skills, not +6.

I just found faladal gloves ilvl 75. I socketed them with the same two rings and now they display bonus of +7 to all skills.

We are now clvl 59. 

Why is the bonus of +all skills lower with the better item? 

Shall I stick to lower levels items them in order not to lose the bonuses?

Edited by Jacek

Hi guys...me again...I guess u grew tired of me asking questions all the time :(

Well, could u please tell me what it exactly means - from sacred wiki:

"Delphic Arcania Lore increases Hitpoint Regeneration as though it were damage, increases casting speed, allows for modification points." - I just don't understand the part in yellow :(

We are also debating ourselves between Shield Lore vs DA Lore for GI as our 10th skill - any real advantages for taking DA lore rather then Shield Lore in the long (niob) run?