Advice for beginner Shadow Warrior

Jacek

Hi guys...

I really developed kind of liking for the SW...which is why I would like to ask a few questions:

- if I want to use some CA from Death Warrior (demonic blow, scything sweep) and  a few from Malevolent (e.g. FR) I shall play without Expert touch right? 

- or is it possible to go sigle aspect only for combat arts - death warrior exclusively and turn expert touch on?

- how would u suggest modding Demonic blow, Scything sweep and frenzied rampage (I think I go  double attack, double strike and ?0

- and how would u mod grim resiliance and reflective emanation?

cheers :)

Hallo!

I think there should be a topic or a chapter in wiki about expert touch since it confusing all newbies:wow:

I got in this trap too)

Well, now, I think Expert Touch should be disabled only by EXPERTS:lol:

It's kinda of a cheat brought by expansion , so don't play without it or you will be sorry)

About modding - it fully depends on your wishes, so if you really wanna any help here, I suggest that you better explain your plans and how you see your warrior in the future(late game).

For example, I ve modded my sweep purely for fun)

Edited by lacr
  • Like! 1

I dont like using combos. 

I prefer using single combat arts but in quicker succession, like attacking with death blow every second when facing a tough mob or with fight away with scything when facing less tough several mobs.

Every once in a while I would like to use Frenzied rampage as it really tickled my fancy.

cheers :)

29 minutes ago, Flix said:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Regeneration_Time:#Expert_Touch

If there's more info you'd like to add, we can do it.

Well, I mean that this information is buried somewhere in the depths...and being newbie I did not find it and created a character with disabled experted touch, who was lately deleted in a rage cause combining different combat arts is not a reason for disabling expert touch:lol:

Maybe, some sort of a page like "quick start", from which player can be redirected to the specific character pages and where such basic basic things as expert touch and survival bonus are explained?! Sadly, I am a poor web designer myself:lol:

About additional info.... - it would be good to know the exact difference in regeneration time between two modes, I presume it is about three times?!

The last thing, I really see no reason to disable expert touch in cases like Jacek's one. He can spam demonic blow/sweep much more efficiently with expert touch, while occasional frenzy will reset cooldowns during its animation, and if he will spam demonic blow with Area of Effect mod on crowds and spam frenzy on bosses (which, IMHO, is more effective), once again expert touch is better enabled. In other words, I see no reason to disable Expert Touch, unless the character is very cleverly thought, so using combat arts in the rapid succession without putting it in combos gives a real gain. But, this is my noobish opinion, nothing more - on the other side it would be great if this newbie struggle and pain of fire and ass, err ice, will be covered in some section at wiki:lol: God, forgive my slobbernglish, I hope my doofies are readable at all:wow:

Edited by lacr
  • Like! 1

I used to play DE long ago and took her pretty far.

This SW is my 2nd toon, first beeing a new HE at clvl 20ish but SW tickled my fancy way better ;)

Now my SW is clvl ... 10 :) I will be building now two mini buff suits for him :) as the buffs I left at slvl 1 :)

Btw, he is dwielding as this is the way I like best.

I also downloaded from here an awesome collection of bargaining and smithing toons but I have yet to discover whats the deal with smithing ;)

Cheers !

1 hour ago, Jacek said:

I used to play DE long ago and took her pretty far.

This SW is my 2nd toon, first beeing a new HE at clvl 20ish but SW tickled my fancy way better ;)

Now my SW is clvl ... 10 :) I will be building now two mini buff suits for him :) as the buffs I left at slvl 1 :)

Btw, he is dwielding as this is the way I like best.

I also downloaded from here an awesome collection of bargaining and smithing toons but I have yet to discover whats the deal with smithing ;)

Cheers !

I just wanted to drop a small advice from newbie, since experts are silent like in the tomb)), if you are planning to spend  a lot time with this game, you will probably need to have a decent blacksmith. You don't  need a farmer like me, since you have downloaded chests, but blacksmith is yet a good deal for you) So, I, for myself, created a shadowarrior and keeping blacksmith skill at his level, and I recommend the same for you, after playing some time you will discover for yourself what is good for SW and what is not and you will create a new perfect one SW, BUT your blacksmith will still remains useful, no matter how bad as a combat character he is, all you need is actually to carry him up to platinum, but in the process you will learn this character very well, I suppose)

Good luck on the fields of Sacred, I have rediscovered this game recently for myself( I ve played it on the release and decided at some point that it doesnot worth my time and prefer titan quest, but now, with community patch, I have changed my mind:wow:)

Edited by lacr
  • Thanks! 1

Btw, currently Im finishing Normal in TQ AER xmax zero death challenge :) with dualwielding spellbreaker.

Yeap - community patch is awesome.

Edited by Jacek
8 hours ago, lacr said:

Well, I mean that this information is buried somewhere in the depths...and being newbie I did not find it and created a character with disabled experted touch, who was lately deleted in a rage cause combining different combat arts is not a reason for disabling expert touch:lol:

Maybe, some sort of a page like "quick start", from which player can be redirected to the specific character pages and where such basic basic things as expert touch and survival bonus are explained?! Sadly, I am a poor web designer myself:lol:

I guess these are the closest thing to quick start:

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Game_Options_Menu

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Combat_and_Game_Basics

These are on the front page, if you wanted to browse to info about Survival Bonus or Expert Touch this would be the easiest way to reach those pages.

A Wiki can't be made so that everything is easily browsed to, though.  Searching is more helpful, and I'm pretty relieved to say that Expert Touch and Survival Bonus both show up on the first page of results for searching those terms.

• Thanks! 1
On 12/23/2017 at 6:28 PM, Flix said:

A Wiki can't be made so that everything is easily browsed to, though.  Searching is more helpful, and I'm pretty relieved to say that Expert Touch and Survival Bonus both show up on the first page of results for searching those terms.

Sorry, sorry, I am not insisting or something, really...

I have just tried to share my experience in a poor way, obviously...

It was like:

1) I found out that Sacred 2 is actually a very good game and I need to play it anew( I ve played it before expansion and there was no expert touch)

2) I have found wiki and read all about my future character( there is a section in wiki called "Characters" - easy to find and navigate) and I have planned my character carefully

3)In game menu I saw this "Expert Touch" and thought "what the heck?!"

4) I google and found something like the description in "wiki" : "Expert Touch is an alternate game mode introduced in Ice and Blood that affects Combat Art Regeneration. If activated, combat arts regenerate faster but draw their energy from all aspects. This mode is especially useful for characters who focus on a single aspect. Characters creating Combos using combat arts from all aspects may also find this mode useful. With this mode disabled, the classic Fallen Angel style regneration is used, where each aspect has its own independent regeneration timer. Expert Touch is enabled by default"

5) Ok, I will use 3 different aspects and wont rely heavily on combos... so I am disabling this "Touch"...

6)Playing for a long time, wondering how bad my regen time is. Created a new char with enabled "Touch".

7)"Holy Hannah!:)!!!#@#@", rage quitting, deleting a character with disabled "Touch".

8)That's it.

PS: As I said before, it would be great to add in wiki exact numbers showing difference between two modes. And, IMHO, it would be good to warn new players of not fooling around with this option. In most cases it's better be enabled...

• Like! 1
On 12/23/2017 at 4:54 PM, Jacek said:

Btw, currently Im finishing Normal in TQ AER xmax zero death challenge :) with dualwielding spellbreaker.

Yeap - community patch is awesome.

I think I better wait with TQ for now, let 'em patch this new mastery and such...ok, maybe just a little peering at new expansion location:lol:

Oh and I beg your pardon, I forgot to argument my statement^^

For the spamming demonic blow is better suited when modded for Area of Effect and life leech, sweep is more supporting skill than self-sufficient wonder. And the frenzy CA is looking quite good as a single spammer boss killer in that case(modded for double strike and crits)

Good luck in your battles)

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

This is what we have in mind for our SW - could you guys please offer some advice / criticisism?

It is just a backbone, not a complete build. To an extent, idea modelled after our Ice HE...:

1. Expert touch: on.

2. Aspect: single aspect - death warrior

3. Attribute points: all in str

4. Skills:

1. Dual wield

2. Tactics Lore

3. Armour Lore

4. Death Warrior Focus

5. Constitution

6. Toughness

7. Spell resistance

8. Malevolent Champion Focus

9. Concentration

10. Combat Discipline

5. Combat Arts:

1. Demonic Blow: Wound / Fraility / Trauma - single target / boss

2. Scything sweep: Force /Intent / Rage - mobs; 

3. Rosing Command: Persistance

6. Buffs:

1. Grim Resiliance: Rejuvenation / Discipline / Reflex

2. Reflective Emanation: Backlash / Antimagic / Riposte

7. Gear: emphasis on +skills / chance to halve regen as we have a nice collection of +2 all skills / -10ish % chance to halve regen.

What shall be the first 3 skills to master? 

EDIT: we are watching star wars episode iv new hope...maybe  dualwielding light saber inquisitor :starwars:it does tickle our fancy :starwars:

Edited by Jacek