Steam version Sacred 2 Gold with CM Patch 1.60 error on start

My Steam version Sacred 2 Gold can start normally without CM Patch 1.60, but with it an error of Sacred 2 Gold (Gameserver) threw on start, complaining about securom environment is not ready with code 8016. My OS is Windows 10. Is there any community way to fix this?

I've figured out sort of a fix myself, can anyone tell me that whether my fix can access all upgrades from CM patch 1.60?  I noticed that after CM patch 1.60 installed, the size of s2gs.exe is 6938KB, while the original s2gs.exe of Steam version is 82KB. So I disabled the CM patch, then validated file integrity with Steam and reverted all changes back to the original version. After CM patch 1.60 installed again, I replaced s2gs.exe with the original s2gs.exe of Steam version, then the game worked fine, but I'm a new Sacred 2 gamer and I can't verify whether all the CM patch 1.60 content are there in the game.

• Like! 1

Try doing a clean install again, making sure that you delete your cache and the root Sacred 2 Gold folder and all files inside. After reloading, add the CM 160 Patch. If you are still having issues you should check the similar issue reported here recently:  Help Sacred 2 Gold (steam) don't start (startup error)

• Thanks! 1
On 2017-12-23 at 10:52 AM, soulzxz said:

My Steam version Sacred 2 Gold can start normally without CM Patch 1.60, but with it an error of Sacred 2 Gold (Gameserver) threw on start, complaining about securom environment is not ready with code 8016. My OS is Windows 10. Is there any community way to fix this?

I've figured out sort of a fix myself, can anyone tell me that whether my fix can access all upgrades from CM patch 1.60?  I noticed that after CM patch 1.60 installed, the size of s2gs.exe is 6938KB, while the original s2gs.exe of Steam version is 82KB. So I disabled the CM patch, then validated file integrity with Steam and reverted all changes back to the original version. After CM patch 1.60 installed again, I replaced s2gs.exe with the original s2gs.exe of Steam version, then the game worked fine, but I'm a new Sacred 2 gamer and I can't verify whether all the CM patch 1.60 content are there in the game.

And welcome to darkmatters soulzxz!

?

gogo