Fire Demon mod names

I installed FA v2.0.2 build 1371, and its mod names match I&B. As an aside, I was shocked that base FA would run on Win10.

I looked back thru the history and Schot entered those mod names in October 2008.  I'm not sure if he was going off pre release data or what.

IMO, the reasonable thing to do is change the wiki to match FA and I&B.  Any objections?

16 hours ago, lujate said:

I installed FA v2.0.2 build 1371, and its mod names match I&B. As an aside, I was shocked that base FA would run on Win10.

I looked back thru the history and Schot entered those mod names in October 2008.  I'm not sure if he was going off pre release data or what.

IMO, the reasonable thing to do is change the wiki to match FA and I&B.  Any objections?

Thanks lujate for offering to edit... seems correct to sit.. I am also curious about why schot has those ca’s written.. I agree with your thinking.. wiki should be matched to last official release 

?

gogo

1 hour ago, gogoblender said:

Thanks lujate for offering to edit... seems correct to sit.. I am also curious about why schot has those ca’s written.. I agree with your thinking.. wiki should be matched to last official release 

?

gogo

I'll try and knock it out today or tomorrow.

Looking around, I noticed the "Flame On" build write up uses the same mod names as the CA itself. That seems to lend credence that those were the official name at some point, I'm just not sure where.

Is it possible the North America version of FA was different?  I assume most people played the NA version of FA originally, and then switched to the UK version since I&B wasn't compatible with the NA version.

• Like! 1
On 12/25/2017 at 10:46 AM, lujate said:

Is it possible the North America version of FA was different?  I assume most people played the NA version of FA originally, and then switched to the UK version since I&B wasn't compatible with the NA version.

It definitely was different.  I remember seeing old pictures of many item modifiers having different names too.  I haven't been able to get my hands on a version of the NA texts though.

29 minutes ago, Flix said:

It definitely was different.  I remember seeing old pictures of many item modifiers having different names too.  I haven't been able to get my hands on a version of the NA texts though.

Ideally, you'd have a NA copy of FA installed on a spare PC. Of course, finding a copy is no small task.