On 12/24/2017 at 9:15 PM, Hooyaah said:

Here is a very strong Ice Elf Build that should easily play through the Niobium level. I advise you to play with Expert Touch enabled to draw from the other CAs that are not being used, as this is a Single Aspect focused build. Please check below so that you will know what to do with attribute points.*

At Level 2 select Armor Lore. You should invest your skill points here and keep them at character level. Master Armor Lore First.

Upon reaching Level 3 select Mystic Stormite Lore. It will serve as the main aspect and you will need to master it second, after Armor Lore. So invest skills points here until it is mastered.

When you reach level 5 select Concentration and keep it with only one point for now. It may be mastered later on after skills that are more important now.

Upon reaching level 8, you will need to select Mystic Stormite Focus. I prefer to keep this skill at the same level as is my character and too, the same as for Mystic Stormite Lore. After you put the points into Armour Lore to keep it at character level. Master Mystic Stormite Lore second and master Mystic Stormite Focus third.

At level 12 select Delphic Arcania Focus. At this point stop putting points into Mystic Stormite Focus for now. You now need 31 points in Delphic Arcania Focus to modify Grand Invigoration and Expulse Magic. Grand Invigoration will help with regeneration time and Expulse Magic will protect your toon from deadly magic attacks as well as those annoying ones like rooting effects.

When you reach level 18 select Constitution. You can get by with only one point for now. At this point add skill points to Armor Lore first, Mystic Stormite Lore second and Mystic Stormite Focus third. You will want to master Constitution fourth, so start pumping points into it after you get Delphic Arcania Focus to 31 points and have satisfied Armor Lore, Mystic Stormite Lore, and Mystic Stormite Focus to character level. The reason that Constitution should be mastered fourth is for the defense it offers in high hit-points and faster hit point regeneration.

At level 25 select Ancient Magic because there are certain enemies that are difficult to impossible to kill without it, as they are so resistant to your ice damage. You will want to master Ancient magic fourth so by the time you get to Platinum and Niobium levels no foe can withstand your brutal icy attacks!

Upon reaching level 35 you should choose Shield Lore. Shields may contain sockets for modifiers, are a boon to defense, and Shield Lore helps also because it grants the ability to bear higher level shields. Some shields even offer a sweet block chance and, with eventual mastery, there's the relief of having a "block chance close combat" upon mastering this skill.

Now that you have reached level 50, select Spell Resistance. You will find that it's not always so convenient to use Expulse magic and magic attacks can be brutal and even devastating. Therefore, let's protect our lady further with this important skill.

At level 65 you can now finally select Combat Discipline and benefit from a boost in damage and a slightly speedier regeneration time. Adding Ice Damage Modifiers to your sockets may boost the damage to quite punishing levels. Even using a single Combat art alone, unaccompanied in a "combo," will add more speed and more damage.

At level 75 Mystic Stormite Lore and Mystic Stormite Focus are mastered. Mystic Stormite Lore mastery allows for an increase in inflicted damage, critical hit chance, and the execution speed of the Mystic Stormite Aspect of the High Elf. It also enables the use of modifications for the aspect. Mystic Stormite Focus mastery grants a further decreased regeneration time and spell levels are raised even higher without any penalty.

*It's very important to properly assign attribute points. So, it's recommended to put all of the points into Vitality until you select Constitution and are putting points into it. Afterward, I like to put 75% of my points into Intelligence and 25% into Willpower until I master Spell Resistance. Then, I assign all Attribute points to Intelligence for the huge boost to the High Elf's icy Spell Intensity.

Now for Combat Arts, the what and the why:

Crystal Skin is the Mystic Stormite's primary Buff. It boosts the physical armor, increases the regeneration speed and, when modified, has the chance to reflect spells.

Glacial Mirror - This will increase the chance to reflect incoming detrimental magical effects

Feel Cold - This will reduces an opponent's resistance against ice damage

Frosty Breeze - More damage is good and this will additionally increase ice damage. I select this also because I forge in "chance to halve regeneration time" to 100%. So I do not need the even faster regeneration time offered by "Mystic Stormite Expertise." I have found that "memorizing" as many runes as I can, I still have the fastest regeneration time attainable with this build, but more power devastates bosses unimaginably fast.

Here, I find it very important to remind you that in the beginning we "eat" as few runes as possible to keep our Combat arts regenerating in 1.5 to 2 seconds (Raging Nimbus up to 3). This should then be halved by Chance to Halve Regeneration Time 100%. This is how we can get away with eating more runes and get the raw power we desire and the fast regen time!

Frost Flare:

Freeze - Reduces our target's movement and the slower they move, the less damage they impart. :D

Frost - This increases the ice damage over time almost 40% and who doesn't want more damage done to their opponent?

Icy Circle - This freezes our opponents inside a much larger area surrounding the target. (Great for small close-knit mobs.)

Glacial Thorns (This is our merciless Boss Slayer)

Frost - Our advantage is that it increases the damage inflicted by each frozen thorn. (We will add Fusillade a bit later.)

Devastation - Can you say "critical hits"!? (Just in case you cannot, "Devastation" says basically the same thing).

Fusillade - This will Increase the number of frozen thorns and the more thorns there are the more chance to hit the opponent and the more thorns there will be contacting the target and doing damage.

Raging Nimbus (This will be modified to defeat large mobs, frozen to their demise in quickly and perhaps without too much suffering):

Wrath - The ice damage of the lightning is vastly increased.

Roar - This offers a reduction in the attack value of all affected opponents

Cyclone - A significant increase in the duration of the blizzard is offered here and it just stacks up!

Note: Before eating any more runes (more is never less with the exception of Grand Invigoration) check that your regeneration time is so low that each Combat Art is fully spammable. I cannot stress the importance of this in a stronger way!

Grand Invigoration is our lady's secondary buff. It grants a major boost to health regeneration and speeds regeneration time of her Combat Arts to include even Expulse Magic.

Mystic Stormite Expertise - This will grant a much faster regeneration time for the aspect Mystic Stormite.

Life Energy - The High Elf is a bit frail (yet spirited) so an additional amount of increased hit-point regeneration rate is a boon.

Resilience - A decrease in the severity of the impact and the duration of incoming detrimental effects is a plus. No?

Runes: Eat as many as you can find. Buy and eat them as you can afford as long as the diminishing returns aren't significantly affecting the levels increase at the time.

Expulse Magic is important to insulate our character form magical attacks, magical effects, and life leech spells like those cast by those infernal Demonic Eyes (Don't you dislike them? I know, right?).
Strength - Let us increase its banishing potential while we maintain its identical, yet effective radius.
Pentagram - Lessening the duration and impact of weakening spells is a very good thing as it helps us fight back sooner.
Protection - The potential to fuly block an incomming magical attack is sweet.
I like to eat fewer E.M. runes and benefit from faster regeneration time. Keep that at about the same frequency interval as is Raging Nimbus or a bit faster.

But, what do we wear to the ball? Well, the choices are many, yet I like to use Megalcarwen's Garments of Mutation, as there are more sockets. However, the pieces aren't just found lying around everywhere so wear what best compliments your Mystic Stormite build and remember to forge into her armor the following: All Skills + rings with added ice damage (and physical damage for Glacial Thorns), rings with reduced casting speed, rendants that reduce damage over time, amulets that increase Combat Arts and those which increase the Mystic Stormite Aspect. If you can find Artamark's Star it will provide the much needed base damage that the High Elf will need against all damage types. If you find items or jewelry that grants Damage Mitigation use them. I mentioned it before, but it bears repeating, Forge in Chance To Halve Regeneration Time to a level of 100% or don't get stuck in a Boss Battle with any less, you may live to regret it yet your toon may not. Just remember, when things in Ancaria seem to be going mad, you will be keeping it frosty, my friends.

In closing, I'd like to express my gratitude to Locologarto. His Pyromante (Arrant Pyromancer) build is, more or less, what I based this build on. Although I have created many different Mystic Stormite builds of my own design, my first was based on this one here and it's a very good start to a fully successful (survivable and powerful) "Ice Elf" build.

Excellent guide Hooyaah! Best part is how granular the guide is while explaining choices at important levels and tying it into game mechanics.  These were my favourite kinds of guides ... ones that explained more about the games universe while helping me a great build. You’re going to churn out a lot of brav new high elfs!!

?⭐️?

gogo

• Thanks! 1

I do not know how it is possible I did not stumble across it earlier.

Very thorough and informative, exactly as I need a guide to be - the whats and most importantly the WHYS :)

Two things - I need to bear in mind this chance to halve regen time :) I have a nice 1h axe with an inherent 17,3% and 2 x gold slot with clvl requirement 15 :)

And Pentagram - this will be my choice too :)

cheers :)

• Like! 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am following you guide and just hit level 18. It says to pick constitution. Unfortunately I can not pick constitution, as it is grayed out. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help.

//kalksack 

• Like! 1

Yes, I need to mention in the build to add points to Armor Lore so that you have the five required to allow you to select concentration. Sorry for the error. You can pick up skill points to get you there by completing the quest Feed The Poor. You may go into Multiplayer and play the quest there five times and you will have received the reward of five skill and five attribute points. Or, you can do the quest in Bronze and Silver and pick up two of each that way. You can always go back to Bronze (or any lower level) to complete a quest or even buy a mount, etc. Then return to the level you were at before.

• Like! 1

I ran into this 5-points-in-Armor-Lore-problem too. When I realized, I just waited until I was 19 or 20 and had enough points to solve this.

However, I noticed something else:

On 12/25/2017 at 4:15 AM, Hooyaah said:

Upon reaching level 8 [...] master Armor Lore third.

When you reach level 18 select Constitution. You will want to master Constitution third

Considering everything else you wrote, I'm going with Constitution and cross other bridges when I come to them later. Or did I already jump of one here?

Edit: ...and you typed while I typed. But we'll sort it out anyways.

Edited by rm3000
  • Like! 1

Actually, I have experimented with mastering either Constitution third or mastering Armor Lore third. Either choice is fine but I usually choose Armor Lore as it speeds Combat Art regeneration time so well. If you are keeping your points in Constitution to Master it first you will want to master Mystic Stormite Lore second. Mystic Stormite Focus Third and Armor Lore Fourth. Your character will be just as protected and powerful either way.

Oh! Totally didn't think of that (obviously). Well, right now I expect to die by brain malfunction anyway. So depending on time spent and fun received I'm going to create a new toon. Maybe Abhaya has a long lost sister or whatever. At the moment I'm at least pretty safe game wise, since I explore every nook and cranny. Enemies are turning white out of boredom.

So thank you for clearing that up, now back to the game!

• 2 months later...

I have a question: Should I mod Raging Nimbus to Gold mod after modding Glacial Thorns to Silver? Or should I just mod Glacial Thorns all the way first and then mod Raging Nimbus or Crystal Skin?

I see how you mention that Fusillade should be taken later, but I'm not sure what to mod after Devastation...

I usually mod Raging Nimbus first to take care of mobs and level up; then I mod Glacial Thorns to off bosses. Frost Flare is last. Glacial Thorns is best modified Bronze: Frost, Silver: Devastation, Gold: Fusillade. Modify Crystal Skin early with Bronze: Glacial Mirror to defend against magic attacks (like that of the White Griffin). I usually finish out modifying Crystal Skin before Frost Flare and go for Silver: Focalize (because, instead of Feel Cold we will be using Ancient Magic to lower the opponents resistance to ice damage). Gold: Frosty Breeze, because more ice damage is a good thing.

On 1/3/2018 at 0:57 PM, kalksack said:

Hi,

I am following you guide and just hit level 18. It says to pick constitution. Unfortunately I can not pick constitution, as it is grayed out. Am I missing something?

Thank you for your help.

//kalksack 

And a hearty welcome to DarkMatters, Kalksack!

And armed with a great Go-to Build!

:bounce:

gogo

12 hours ago, mewkang said:

Ah, I see. Thank you for the advice. I think my Ice elf will be more enjoyable now that I know about modding Raging Nimbus first.

The reason that I didn't recommend an order in which to modify the Combat Arts is that I believe that much of the fun of the game is in learning and discovering one's own personal preferences. I did mention in the build that Raging Nimbus is best modded at Gold for Cyclone instead of Extended Nimbus. That is because the effect stacks and the damage achieved is immense. The radius of the blizzard may be achieved via item modifiers which increase the area of effect of all combat arts. It is far better to extend the range of all of one's Combat Arts rather than merely one. I can think of at least one exception however, and that is the Arrant Pyromancer's Incendiary Shower. The number of smoldering boulders remains the same so the chance to hit a primary target (like a boss) located in the center of the targeted area decreases in proportion with the increased radius. There is more on items which increase the Combat Art radius here. Also, there is a helpful thread regarding underestimated item modifiers located  here.

I see... Still, I must say that I underestimated the power of Raging Nimbus until quite some time ago. I had once thought that it wouldn't do too much damage, and had put off modding it until later.

As a result, I was used to just using Glacial Thorns for everything, like you do in your boss battle video. While Glacial Thorns is strong enough to deal with bosses and mobs alike,

I must say that I like the power of Raging Nimbus and that I am now aware of the Area of Effect capability of the Ice Elves.

Edited by mewkang
  • Like! 1
  • The title was changed to Devastating Mystic Stormite Build
  • 1 year later...

hey im going to use this build for me 360 play through but I was wondering if you can give me more details on points Distributed by say the high levels late game I didnt understand the combat ren times but im trying to beat the game and get the achievements but if your able to help would be great thanks

On 8/18/2020 at 11:17 PM, uDevastated said:

hey im going to use this build for me 360 play through but I was wondering if you can give me more details on points Distributed by say the high levels late game I didnt understand the combat ren times but im trying to beat the game and get the achievements but if your able to help would be great thanks

Welcome to DarkMatters Michael! I remember when Hooyaah first posted this build he was even posting up his videos of how this build was taking about all the bosses across the land!

@Hooyaah:viking:  He may have some extra tips he's garnered over his adventures!

:gogo:

ggoo

• Appreciation 1
On 8/18/2020 at 10:17 PM, uDevastated said:

After any skill is mastered, there is little benefit to distributing points into it afterward, as skill points then have a diminishing return. After mastering Mystic Stormite Lore and Mystic Stormite Focus, my advice is that one master's Armor Lore to acquire power amplification and fast regeneration. You may obtain such additional power by "memorizing" additional runes for her combat arts after having forged Chance to Half Regeneration Time into armor in order to reach the 100% chance. Then, I Master Constitution, Ancient Magic, and Spell Resistance. Constitution will help protect the High Elf and when these skills are combined you should be able to quickly cull mobs with the power of Raging Nimbus and down bosses rapidly via the devastation of Glacial Thorns. Mastering the next skills it's important to master one for protection and then one for more power After I have mastered Constitution, I distribute all attribute points into Intelligence to intensify the Mystic Stormite's spells.

Because, I can, through thousands of hours of play, only recall one piece of Glimborin's Garments of Mutation ever dropping, I recommend downloading this armor set so that you have plenty of slots into which you may forge rings and amulets. Through countless hours of shopping I have collected and uploaded (rare quality) rings and amulets/pendants. They may be found specifically for the High Elf in the downloads section here and here. The particular items that you should focus on are those which add points to All Skills, add points to the Aspect Mystic Stormite and its Combat Arts and ones which help you achieve 100% Chance to Halve Regeneration Time. Supplement these with rings that add to the amount of Ice Damage, Spell Intensity and/or boost All Skills and the Mystic Stormite Aspect. One particular ring that may occasionally drop in the game is Tristan's Companion. I like to forge in a few because it not only will help you reach 100% Chance To Halve Regeneration Time, but will reduce Casting Time.

I prefer to employ a shield that has very good protection and extends the Combat Art Range that's why I carry Glacial Defender. The weapon that I use (strictly for its three attributes): Combat art range +X%, Regeneration Time -X%, and Casting Speed +X%) is Nlovae's Mystery. Please let me know if you have any addition questions or if I may clarify anything for you.

10 hours ago, Hooyaah said:

After any skill is mastered, there is little benefit to distributing points into it afterward, as skill points then have a diminishing return. After mastering Mystic Stormite Lore and Mystic Stormite Focus, my advice is that one master's Armor Lore to acquire power amplification and fast regeneration. You may obtain such additional power by "memorizing" additional runes for her combat arts after having forged Chance to Half Regeneration Time into armor in order to reach the 100% chance. Then, I Master Constitution, Ancient Magic, and Spell Resistance. Constitution will help protect the High Elf and when these skills are combined you should be able to quickly cull mobs with the power of Raging Nimbus and down bosses rapidly via the devastation of Glacial Thorns. Mastering the next skills it's important to master one for protection and then one for more power After I have mastered Constitution, I distribute all attribute points into Intelligence to intensify the Mystic Stormite's spells.

Because, I can, through thousands of hours of play, only recall one piece of Glimborin's Garments of Mutation ever dropping, I recommend downloading this armor set so that you have plenty of slots into which you may forge rings and amulets. Through countless hours of shopping I have collected and uploaded (rare quality) rings and amulets/pendants. They may be found specifically for the High Elf in the downloads section here and here. The particular items that you should focus on are those which add points to All Skills, add points to the Aspect Mystic Stormite and its Combat Arts and ones which help you achieve 100% Chance to Halve Regeneration Time. Supplement these with rings that add to the amount of Ice Damage, Spell Intensity and/or boost All Skills and the Mystic Stormite Aspect. One particular ring that may occasionally drop in the game is Tristan's Companion. I like to forge in a few because it not only will help you reach 100% Chance To Halve Regeneration Time, but will reduce Casting Time.

I prefer to employ a shield that has very good protection and extends the Combat Art Range that's why I carry Glacial Defender. The weapon that I use (strictly for its three attributes): Combat art range +X%, Regeneration Time -X%, and Casting Speed +X%) is Nlovae's Mystery. Please let me know if you have any addition questions or if I may clarify anything for you.

This is such a go to build.  If any class /build structure can make someone fall in love with the beauty of Sacred's game mechanics, its this... so umptly satisfying to play

:viking:

gogo

• 6 months later...
11 hours ago, SnowCrane said:

What weapon should I be using for this build?

Hi and welcome to the forums SnowCrane!  Its a great build and class that you've decided to opportune yourself of with this game.  The ice Elf builds were amongst my favorites (only second after a ranged dryad :D )  with their shards destructive force never one to let go of us while tearing out avalanches of monsters :viking: I went through Hooyaah's posts up above, and pulled out this small snippet... does it hel?

I prefer to employ a shield that has very good protection and extends the Combat Art Range that's why I carry Glacial Defender. The weapon that I use (strictly for its three attributes): Combat art range +X%, Regeneration Time -X%, and Casting Speed +X%) is Nlovae's Mystery. Please let me know if you have any addition questions or if I may clarify anything for you.

It looks like Nlovae's Mystery was his weapon "de choix"  letting the weapon's superior casting speed and regen times add to kill speed while also adding to range to give the ice elf some distance in combat and give our sometimes squishy lady some protection. 

Sacred 2:Nlovae's Mystery

Jump to navigationJump to search

Nlovae's Mystery

1-handed

Spawns every 15 levels

Base melee damage modified by Intelligence attribute

Affected by Magic Staffs Skill

Item Modifiers

Combat art range +X%

Regeneration Time -X%

Casting Speed +X%

Notes

Two gold sockets and premium casting bonuses make this staff a highly desirable weapon for all casters.

Hope your character is doing well and flourishing in Ancaria!

:mafia:

gogo

• Appreciation 1
  • 5 months later...

Hello everyone, I am new to this game ( I know, I am a bit late to the party, but...).

First I want to thank everyone here for all the work they have done and that I just read.

I would like to ask a thing. Is it possible to modify this build as to include bargaining skill?

TBH I started an ice based high elf after watching the silent assassin video shared on this forum, then I noticed it was outdated and opted for this one since in newer. Time will say if I messed up something.

Ps. sorry for my bad english, not native here.

hoping for someone to answer my question.

Thanks again. O/

• Appreciation 1
On 2/21/2023 at 1:10 AM, Furupawa said:

Hello everyone, I am new to this game ( I know, I am a bit late to the party, but...).

First I want to thank everyone here for all the work they have done and that I just read.

I would like to ask a thing. Is it possible to modify this build as to include bargaining skill?

TBH I started an ice based high elf after watching the silent assassin video shared on this forum, then I noticed it was outdated and opted for this one since in newer. Time will say if I messed up something.

Ps. sorry for my bad english, not native here.

hoping for someone to answer my question.

Thanks again. O/

Hi FuruPawa, welcome to the forums, never too late to our party! :dance2:

re bargaining... the way I was able to get strong skill pick was through not taking bargaining on this toon, and instead, use the services of a another character that had bargaining and smithing on it ... i had a network of temple guardians at different levels that could feed the elf equipment.

Do you have time to make another character that could act as a supplier for this elf? Or perhaps Hooyaah will see this topic and respond with some ideas.  He had tremendous success with his build and was able to use it everywhere in this game with great successf.

:)

gogo

6 hours ago, gogoblender said:

Hi FuruPawa, welcome to the forums, never too late to our party! :dance2:

re bargaining... the way I was able to get strong skill pick was through not taking bargaining on this toon, and instead, use the services of a another character that had bargaining and smithing on it ... I had a network of temple guardians at different levels that could feed the elf equipment.

Do you have time to make another character that could act as a supplier for this elf? Or perhaps Hooyaah will see this topic and respond with some ideas.  He had tremendous success with his build and was able to use it everywhere in this game with great successf.

:)

gogo

Hello gogo, thanks for the answer.

This one is my only character, not too much time to play ( old man working ), and I need a skill to build my gear as I walk through the game. ( btw there was a typo on my pred post, the name of the build was the secret agent and it was your build, thanks). MAybe I should look for a character I can use bargaining or enhanced perception to play for my silver campaign, after I finish bronze with this one ( I am at the second city atm).

Game it's pretty fun, a shame I found it only last month.

Furupawa O/