Mounts as a second life?

At first I thought it was just a glitch, but now I am almost sure in that! So the question is : if my character's hitpoits are dropped below 0 while she/he is riding the mount is it the mount who is dying instead of his owner? And if it is so, is it also valid for the hardcore mode? It seems like a cheat for me...

Just now, lujate said:

I don't think I've ever seen my HP drop below 0.  My mount always died before then.  Are you talking about horses or class mounts?

Class mount - exactly dryad's monitor lizard, I ve always ignored mounts, just have decided to create a horse archer build and noticed this thing. And it did not that her "HP drop below 0", but the damage was very heavy and HP was at very low level, so it was logical for my character to be dead, but instead it is mount who died, that's why I am asking about that...

Edited by lacr

From the wiki:

Mounts can die, though this is an infrequent occurrence. If your health drops below a certain level, the mount will perish, leaving you on foot with a small amount of health. The exact point at which your mount dies is in dispute, nonetheless exercise caution when kiting as getting stuck can quickly lead to a remount bill of several million gold at higher levels.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Mounts

Just now, lujate said:

From the wiki:

Mounts can die, though this is an infrequent occurrence. If your health drops below a certain level, the mount will perish, leaving you on foot with a small amount of health. The exact point at which your mount dies is in dispute, nonetheless exercise caution when kiting as getting stuck can quickly lead to a remount bill of several million gold at higher levels.

http://www.sacredwiki.org/index.php/Sacred_2:Mounts

Well, ok, thanks, though, even this "a small amount of health" seems like a life saver, and for me it happens not "infrequent " but rather constantly during boss fights(never happend during normal fights even when HP was extremely low as of yet), I am still interested about hardcore - it should be like an additional line of defense...

Edited by lacr
8 hours ago, lujate said:

Yes, it works in HC as well. 

If your mount dies regularly, I think that's an indicator you're either too low level or need to improve gear.

I rememer this happening a few times in HC... kind of warning that you're getting away with what should have been a death, but that to watch out, for next time the damage wont be absorbed by mount but will result in our death as well

:oooo:

gogo

Thanks for the replies. I am never playing in HC, but I am often deleting charactes who died. Since with community patch it's now possible to ride in dungeons, my dryad will never be on foot:badbad: